Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated SC10 Short-Course Racing Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Team Associated SC10 Short-Course Racing Truck

Let's start the real discussion about the SC10 without the 900+ posts of speculation and pointless drivel in the other thread.

Here we go:

SC10 Kit Features:
* Based on a lengthened version of the 6-time National Champion RC10T4 platform
* Realistic short course racing truck .040” polycarbonate body
* Chassis side nerf bars
* Trick KMC™ style wheels and aggressive tread multi-terrain scale tires with re-enforced sidewalls
* Realistic bumpers front and rear for maximum durability
* Rubber AE logo mud flaps
* 2.6:1 ratio gearbox equipped with sealed gear differential
* Two spur gears included: 75 tooth for brushless stock and 87 tooth for brushed and modified motors
* Efficient dual-sided, externally adjustable slipper clutch
* Molded composite low-CG chassis
* Hinged battery hold-down strap fits up to 8-cell battery pack
* Set-screw secured antenna tube
* Durable front and rear body mounts
* 14 rubber-sealed ball bearings
* Rugged steel turnbuckles for quick and easy suspension adjustments
* Fully adjustable suspension geometry
* Angled bellcrank “coplanar” steering with integral servo saver
* Vertical ball end roll-center adjustments front and rear
* Blue aluminum shock bodies
* Steel dogbone rear axles
* Many Factory Team and Reedy option parts already available!

SC10 Specifications:

Scale: 1:10
Power : Electric
Length: 550mm
Width: 293mm
Track: 245mm
Weight: 2080g
Wheelbase: 327mm
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Drive: 2WD

The official video

The pics:

Old 02-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

'till the thing is in peoples hands all we have is pointless drivel

Besides it is kinda fun.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee
'till the thing is in peoples hands all we have is pointless drivel

Besides it is kinda fun.
OK, I'll boil the other 900 posts down :
  1. There's a new 1/10 short-course truck coming out from AE
  2. All else being equal, it will probably whup a Slash
  3. lotsa people love the Slash and are protective of Spec Slash racing
  4. lotsa people bag on the Slash for being a toy
  5. some people have insanely-strong brand loyalty
  6. some people have too much time on their hands
  7. the SC10 is cool, and will find its place in racing
Old 02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
OK, I'll boil the other 900 posts down :
  1. There's a new 1/10 short-course truck coming out from AE
  2. All else being equal, it will probably whup a Slash
  3. lotsa people love the Slash and are protective of Spec Slash racing
  4. lotsa people bag on the Slash for being a toy
  5. some people have insanely-strong brand loyalty
  6. some people have too much time on their hands
  7. the SC10 is cool, and will find its place in racing
Good summary. Basically says it all. Slash spec racing is still king!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hi

how much is the diference from a t4 to this apart from chassis and towers ?
it looks cool and should start a new form of racing along with the slashs
Old 02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No way you could put the SC10 in a SPEC Class with the Slash. I think the tracks should run a Stock CORR class and just let CORR type trucks run any electronics with a 13.5T Brushless limit. The tires would have to remain similar to stock size and the bodies would have to stay similar to CORR style. I think if you were to run Mod in the CORR type class the SC10 would walk all over the Slash.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Conversion

Please list all the parts I will need to convert my original gold tub RC10 to a SC10.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

valid thread equals a valid question so here we go
I race nitro and want to get one of these for fun, i dont have any electric stuff in my rc collection, and dont want to spend more than 600 on parts, and definitely want it to be brushless. So the parts list would include, the kit, motor, esc, battery(lets stick to one lipo), steering servo, battery charger, and receiver(Spektrum is $80).
So for $600 limit minus $80 for the receiver and $190 for the kit leaves $330 for the steering servo, motor, esc, lipo and charger. What would you recommend for each of these? without going over budget.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smracer31
I race nitro and want to get one of these for fun, i dont have any electric stuff in my rc collection, and dont want to spend more than 600 on parts, and definitely want it to be brushless. So the parts list would include, the kit, motor, esc, battery(lets stick to one lipo), steering servo, battery charger, and receiver(Spektrum is $80).
So for $600 limit minus $80 for the receiver and $190 for the kit leaves $330 for the steering servo, motor, esc, lipo and charger. What would you recommend for each of these? without going over budget.
150.00 = Novak Havoc 13.5 Brushless combo 150.00

You can easily do 180.00 for the charger and lipo, I cant recommend any inexpensive ones because I have only had a few that cost over 100.00 but there are some that are under 80.00 and even as low as 50.00.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smracer31
If you want new stuff, good luck. A decent charger is going to be 100+. A decent brushless system is going to be 150+. A decent lipo is probably 75+. That's already at your budget, not including a steering servo which I'm sure you know is probably another 75ish. With used stuff you might be able to swing it. If you have a 600 dollar budget go get a Slash in my opinion. 200 bucks for everything you need except a battery and charger, although if you're into nitro you probably already have a charger that'll work for your receiver battery at a minimum, unless you choose to use a lipo in which case you'll need a new charger. You can probably get similar performance out of a 7 cell pack rather than a 6 cell pack though. Still, that leaves you with a truck, a lipo, a charger, a receiver, all for being under budget. You might even have enough money left over to get a brushless motor and esc, who knows. If not you might have enough for a servo upgrade though. But if you aren't able to upgrade the servo OR motor/esc combo at least you'll still have the stock stuff to use, whereas running out of money on a SC10 build leaves you with nothing to use. I'd much rather prefer a Slash that can actually do a lap around the track than a SC10 that can only look pretty on the pit table.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Isnt this how things naturally progress in rc. A new design comes as a spec class (by default because theres only one manufacturer) - gets insanely popular - other manufacturers jump in and then it goes form being a spec class to abiding by general roar rules for that type of racing.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by demon510
150.00 = Novak Havoc 13.5 Brushless combo 150.00

You can easily do 180.00 for the charger and lipo, I cant recommend any inexpensive ones because I have only had a few that cost over 100.00 but there are some that are under 80.00 and even as low as 50.00.
Right now I think it is not a good idea to suggest a motor combo...expecially to someone that has NO electric stuff. Until the classes get going we just don't know, the motor could be a 17.5 or even a 21.5...we just don't know. I would guess that anything over a 13.5 is going to be usless with those tires.

I would suggest get the radio gear and then just wait.

As I said in the other thread, where do you think the first two guys that have a SC10 are going to race that first night? Lots of things make a car fast, if it is fast in a drag race that is an easy fix, if it is fast in the corners that is something else.

Your list is intresting....not too hard to figure what side you are coming down on.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I want an SC10 really bad. Have always considered buying a FT T4, but was kinda worried if a T5 was just over the horizon. The SC10 might be the excuse (for myself, to myself ) to justify buying a 2WD stadium-style (this time CORR) truck...

The quick-release on the battery is just awesome. I hate knobs and clips.

But better then a quick-release, how come no one makes velcro straps for the battery packs for 2wd anymore? I remember 15 years ago, little companies like Pro-tech used to make velcro battery straps...
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think that the the CORR class is going to evolve to be the current racing trucks, slightly longer, with new bodies that cover the wheels. Aside from the the gear diff that's what the SC10 is. I'm sure the tires will evolve to ribs and fuzzies, ball diffs will replace gear diffs, etc. Why? Because they work.

I'd speculate that losi will probably follow with a strectched XXX-t with a new body too.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

This thread is suppose to be about the sc10 it self and it's features and such. If you want to talk about corr trucks and the future of the class and rc racing go here. All the discussion you could want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.