Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bill,

here is one for you library

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ir3czq.jpg
Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For those of you asking for info about what I do at school, check this website out. We deal with a lot of composites

http://www.wwufsae.com

It's the WWU Formula SAE team's website. Needs to be updated with the latest stuff... but we were laying up the chassis last night and it went off to get autoclaved today! So far it looks pretty awesome.

The Formula SAE program is part of the Vehicle Research Institute (VRI) at Western Washington University. I'm working towards my BA in Plastics and Vehicle Engineering It's cool stuff. We've participated in many different events including the X prize competition, Baja SAE, Formula SAE, and many other past hybrid/alternative fuel competitions.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
Bill,

here is one for you library

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ir3czq.jpg
Kewl Yang!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I hope no-one minds if I dig this up again...I'm looking to pick up a board for 1/10 carpet...
There were a few good references to boards,some that looked very nice...
But it seems everyone used terms like realy flat,very flat,perfectly flat...
None of those terms mean anything...if some one with real world numbers would be kind enough to post them,I would be thankful...
What are we talking about here. .2mm/meter, .1mm/meter...???
...thanks...kirt
Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Question regarding Hudy setup board

Would anyone be kind enough as to post the weight (in grams) that is the weight of the Hudy flat setup board for 1/10 touring cars?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Controversy
Would anyone be kind enough as to post the weight (in grams) that is the weight of the Hudy flat setup board for 1/10 touring cars?

Thanks in advance.
Mine weighs 1502 grams (with the Hudy setup decal). It is not light! LOL

Bill
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Post Re:

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Mine weighs 1502 grams (with the Hudy setup decal). It is not light! LOL

Bill
Damn! I was thinking around 500 grams with decal. No wonder shipping is so much.

One would need a license to own one of those boards. If accidently thrown at someone, it could do serious harm.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Controversy
Damn! I was thinking around 500 grams with decal. No wonder shipping is so much.

One would need a license to own one of those boards. If accidently thrown at someone, it could do serious harm.

Thanks for the info!
Per this thread, I did some research and purchased lighter setup boards that were both very expensive and not terribly durable. And I was back to the Hudy board in pretty quick order...LOL
Old 10-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Post Re:

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Per this thread, I did some research and purchased lighter setup boards that were both very expensive and not terribly durable. And I was back to the Hudy board in pretty quick order...LOL
From personal experience with Hudy, I do know that their tools are exceptional in terms of quality. So I have no doubts about their setup board either.

I'll be looking to purchase one from A Main Hobbies in the near future along with the Hudy setup decal.

Thanks for your helpful posts Bill!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Nobody know the flatness tolerances on any of these eh...?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

anyone know of a GLASS setup board for sale anywhere?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayL
anyone know of a GLASS setup board for sale anywhere?
Check a glass shop? I would just make sure it's fairly thick. I used a glass door from an old entertainment center once. I had the glass shop cut it to size.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Wrong thread.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brwn bggr
Nobody know the flatness tolerances on any of these eh...?
In my opinion you are over thinking this. Most setup boards are made of wood, glass or plexiglass. None of these materials are perfectly flat. None of these materials are checked for flatness for this application. So no, no one is going to have any specs on this. If you want something that is certified, you better be ready to pay $$$$$$$ and have a trailer to haul it to the track with.

I do understand where you are coming from. I'm a machinist and going to school for mechanical engineering. I currently use a Hudy setup board but I am always looking for something better. Plexiglass flexes more than I'd like when it's thin enough to not weigh a ton. It's not durable enough IMO either. Glass is too heavy and too fragile. Wood warps over time and isn't attractive. The best looking setup board I've seen is the one made by Arrow Max. It's a machined aluminum frame with a carbon fiber sheet on one side and a plexiglass sheet on the other. But at over $300 it's a nice chunk of change. No idea how flat it is either. If it was done right it could be very flat. If machined wrong it could be horrible. I have not emailed them to get more info on it though.
http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=867
Old 10-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Flat or not won't make you any faster..... Relatively flat is all that's necessary ! I use my kitchen's glass table sometimes to beat guys waisting money on so called flat boards...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.