Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

CRC F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Jarkko. im not saying that this will make it fit, because i know that the wheels are smaller, but........ you have the wrong shims on the king pins. the black shims are for the caster adjustment on the upper hinge pins. the king pin shims are white plastic shims. i believe that the shims are thicker than the caster shims, which would pull the steering knuckle and the king pin higher through the pivot ball. you may want to check into that.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Stiffen

Has anybody else finding out that you need to stiffen the set up form the kit set up when running on carpet?
I am running an increasingly stiffer set up as our traction is coming up.
Any ideas or am I going the wrong way? The car has started to traction roll.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Has anybody else finding out that you need to stiffen the set up form the kit set up when running on carpet?
Thanks and God Bless
I figure the carpet at the IIC was as high grip carpet as I'm likely to race on. And I didn't change from the kit set up throughout the week, and found the cr ran flat with no grip roll.

Suggest making sure you are not running too much ride height. And if you need to add weight then keep it a low as you can on the car.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by al dente
Jarkko. im not saying that this will make it fit, because i know that the wheels are smaller, but........ you have the wrong shims on the king pins. the black shims are for the caster adjustment on the upper hinge pins. the king pin shims are white plastic shims. i believe that the shims are thicker than the caster shims, which would pull the steering knuckle and the king pin higher through the pivot ball. you may want to check into that.
@Jarkko - Mario is right, those are the caster shims and not the white plastic shims that should be on the king pins. So try those first.

I have a set of the Ride tyres and know they are much smaller inside diameter than Tamiya wheels. Will be working on my WTF-1 in the next couple of weeks to see how best to fit and run them.

Hope that helps - ping us if you need more
Old 11-20-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So, we had an interesting discussion last night @ The Gate concerning F1. Someone caught in the UF1 rules that the rear wing cannot be higher than the highest point of the body. Trouble is, the CRC body is very low profile (I suspect that the Protoform's are the same story).

The F60 wing that most people run will not mount low enough to meet the standard without modifying it, ie remount the top spoiler lower and trimming the side damns shorter. Luckily I had a Tamiya 84262 as well, it just makes it at the lowest mounting but it doesn't have a lot of surface area on the side dams.

My question is, what wing is everyone else using? Are there other wings out there that are shorter but retain a wider dam?
Old 11-20-2014, 08:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The speedpassion rear wing is nice, wide and low.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Thanks and God Bless
The setup that comes in the box is the same setup I have TQ'd Vegas the last two years with and run everywhere (with 10k in the tubes)
Old 11-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the info! That helps a lot in getting the handling info on this car and it's sweet spot.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 12-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Broke down, bought one, should be here today.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was at CRC last Saturday night and saw Dumper's F1 cars on the counter. They look bad fast just sitting still :-)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

That Airtronics servo is one tight little package! Hopefully I'll get it installed and be ready to test it next week.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
That Airtronics servo is one tight little package! Hopefully I'll get it installed and be ready to test it next week.
It is great little servo, and fits really well flat on the WTF-1 chassis. I have one in mine and very impressed with it
Old 12-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwagner
So, we had an interesting discussion last night @ The Gate concerning F1. Someone caught in the UF1 rules that the rear wing cannot be higher than the highest point of the body. Trouble is, the CRC body is very low profile (I suspect that the Protoform's are the same story).

The F60 wing that most people run will not mount low enough to meet the standard without modifying it, ie remount the top spoiler lower and trimming the side damns shorter. Luckily I had a Tamiya 84262 as well, it just makes it at the lowest mounting but it doesn't have a lot of surface area on the side dams.

My question is, what wing is everyone else using? Are there other wings out there that are shorter but retain a wider dam?
Here is one I am using, sits under the top of my body.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5900
Old 12-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

I started fiddling with my kit last night and ended up at the end of putting the front end on. Rear axle, diff and body posts and I'm outside the box.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess
It is great little servo, and fits really well flat on the WTF-1 chassis. I have one in mine and very impressed with it
Which servo are you referring too? I seem to have overlooked the part #....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.