Wiki Posts
Search

Full Travel Stock Racers??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkman
Did you ever stop to think that they might be faster then you because they can tune a motor better, set up a chassis better, and just flat out drive the wheels off.
Stock racing is all about being consistent, holding your lines while keeping your corner speed up. Anyone can be fast in a straight line.
Thank you.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
No offence to any of the mod guys out there around the world but seems like Mark Rheinhard has been doing that since the worlds 2 years ago!! Albeit he is in the TOP class there is racing against the WORLDS BEST but man that kid is awesome!!

EA
Marc should run stock. Tamiya would sell more cars.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
No offence to any of the mod guys out there around the world but seems like Mark Rheinhard has been doing that since the worlds 2 years ago!! Albeit he is in the TOP class there is racing against the WORLDS BEST but man that kid is awesome!!

EA

So why don't you stop paying, Butter, Drew,Billante,Eli, Weylin and Herrman for thier "factory drivers" duties and then just sign and Pay ALL that money to Rheinhard! LOL

I bet you can get him for FAR less than you are "PAYING" all of them.

THIS WAS ONLY A JOKE!!!!!

EA only pays one Driver, Himself, and he does that in Peanuts! LOL
Old 06-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
So why don't you stop paying, Butter, Drew,Billante,Eli, Weylin and Herrman for thier "factory drivers" duties and then just sign and Pay ALL that money to Rheinhard! LOL

I bet you can get him for FAR less than you are "PAYING" all of them.

THIS WAS ONLY A JOKE!!!!!

EA only pays one Driver, Himself, and he does that in Peanuts! LOL
If I ever start paying anyone please shoot me!! LOL

I dont even pay myself...I pay my wife!!

EA
Old 06-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my $1.50
ok so why does snowbirds have a sportman and pro 19t class why does novak race have it also. 2 of the biggest races in the country and they split out the 19t class I would think that stock would be considered a "sportman" class not a pro class. and why is smyka still running stock after making the "A" in stock the most the major races the last 3 years. and why is Jeff Brown a MOD driver the last couple years signed up for stock at vegas. and why was drew ellis told to run stock again even though he wants to run mod big time and did rather good at the novak race. because winning sells. imagine steven sobattka coming in and winning a race like cleveland with a 5 year old design TC3. oh wait that happen. didn't look good to corally and xray for someone other then one of there full travel racers to win even stock. it doesn't sell the NEW car. it doesn't matter to them a week later because everybody forgets till someone brings it up in a thread like this. just remember win on sunday sell on monday.

and some people do get to all the big races just on there money alone. I pay for everything myself to all the big races I go to. but I don't practice as much as I should and it's the c and d for me. but if all the 50% or better racers were gone I would probably make the "B" easy and the "A" possiblely and you would also get more stock non sponsored racers going to the bigger races as the most heard complaint I see from the regular joe is I don't have a chance to even show with all the sponsored drivers in stock at the big races. but I go back to the original statement

win on sunday sell on monday
Old 06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
and why is Jeff Brown a MOD driver the last couple years signed up for stock at vegas.
There is one reason for this. If you didn't notice, he's now with Team Kwik in order to help a friend with the business. He's racing stock so he can promote the guy's stuff.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

Consistancy wins races to a large degree. If you're not consistant then keep trying.

Non sponsored drivers may feel that being sponsored is a gift- it is to a degee,but you're expected to do well in return. Since being sponsored I feel in a different league- A league that is very demanding! Im no longer just showing "myself" at a meeting- Im representing my sponsors too.

My point being that I suspect the user who started this post isnt sponsored and doesnt realise the full implications of being sponsored. Being sponsored isnt just a question of racing and going home. You're expected to do well,in a professional manner... Whatever class of racing youve chosen to do,or have been put into by your sponsors.

As said, stock racing is just as demanding as modified- where stock lacks speed it requires a high level of consistancy! After making a mistake or mistakes you've got less chance of catching the leader in stock when you've got pretty similar levels of power at your disposal.

Sponsors can only give you assistance with their products- in stock the racing will always be close- make one mistake and you might be lucky enough to get away with it,on the other hand you might loose 5 or so seconds. Make 2 mistakes and you've got a big job getting the win.

So is stock racing really easier than mod? So the saying goes its not what youve got,its what you do with it that matters

Sponsored or not sponsored,enjoy your racing. It's why we are all in it (or should be!)
Old 06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

A hand full of rc racers make six figures just for racing. Some stock guys get a little help getting to the race because they all have jobs or go to school and peolpe hate. Remember the time and energy that is put into this and a cheaptickets.com hotel room for a week packed with 2-4 dudes sounds................................got my hater blockers on!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This has been, and will be a polarizing subject. You have different perspectives and who is to say which one is right.

On one hand, you have the manufacturers. All it takes in one, say for arguments sake XXXXXXXX. They figure, what a great way to get exposure for my new product ,then a National Champ, Stock 19t or Mod it is still a championship. That sells product no matter how you like it. Then you have the other manufacturers thinking to themselves... hmmm why should we sit by and let XXXXXXX stack stock, and get easy wins. Then they have to send thier guns to even the playing field. That quickly fills the field with 100% stock guys, some that want to run stock , and some that don't. Even if ROAR puts something into place to help promote racers up the ladder to 19t or mod, What about the NON-ROAR races.

On the other hand, you have racers that have put a lot of time, effort and money into being the best they can be ,they learn to be fast in stock and that is what they are good at. You can never take the skill and effort away from them, they are awesome racers. The real problem here is our society rewards winners, and not some one that does the right thing. Why should a racer run mod and have no chance at a payday, when they can run stock and have a great chance.

While I agree something should be put in place to move people up at ROAR races, this has been a hotbed topic for the Electric On Road Committee. There are no clearcut solutions, and other then having the manufacturers not self propagate the problem, it will be a solution that will piss people off.

Last edited by TimPotter; 06-20-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
my $1.50
ok so why does snowbirds have a sportman and pro 19t class why does novak race have it also. 2 of the biggest races in the country and they split out the 19t class I would think that stock would be considered a "sportman" class not a pro class. and why is smyka still running stock after making the "A" in stock the most the major races the last 3 years. and why is Jeff Brown a MOD driver the last couple years signed up for stock at vegas. and why was drew ellis told to run stock again even though he wants to run mod big time and did rather good at the novak race. because winning sells. imagine steven sobattka coming in and winning a race like cleveland with a 5 year old design TC3. oh wait that happen. didn't look good to corally and xray for someone other then one of there full travel racers to win even stock. it doesn't sell the NEW car. it doesn't matter to them a week later because everybody forgets till someone brings it up in a thread like this. just remember win on sunday sell on monday.

and some people do get to all the big races just on there money alone. I pay for everything myself to all the big races I go to. but I don't practice as much as I should and it's the c and d for me. but if all the 50% or better racers were gone I would probably make the "B" easy and the "A" possiblely and you would also get more stock non sponsored racers going to the bigger races as the most heard complaint I see from the regular joe is I don't have a chance to even show with all the sponsored drivers in stock at the big races. but I go back to the original statement

win on sunday sell on monday
You still have sponsored guys in the sportsman class. Not so much at the Novak (Scotty watches that like a hawk) but you certianly do at the Snowbirds. I know a former Brids' Sport 19T winner and factory driver was in the class this year again.

Wins are wins. The class dosent matter. All the bigger teams try to get ringers in every class to get a win. There is too much promotional benefit not to do so.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TimPotter
This has been, and will be a polarizing subject. You have different perspectives and who is to say which one is right.

On one hand, you have the manufacturers. All it takes in one, say for arguments sake Corally. They figure, what a great way to get exposure for my new product ,then a National Champ, Stock 19t or Mod it is still a championship. That sells product no matter how you like it. Then you have the other manufacturers thinking to themselves... hmmm why should we sit by and let Corally stack stock, and get easy wins. Then they have to send thier guns to even the playing field. That quickly fills the field with 100% stock guys, some that want to run stock , and some that don't. Even if ROAR puts something into place to help promote racers up the ladder to 19t or mod, What about the NON-ROAR races.

On the other hand, you have racers that have put a lot of time, effort and money into being the best they can be ,they learn to be fast in stock and that is what they are good at. You can never take the skill and effort away from them, they are awesome racers. The real problem here is our society rewards winners, and not some one that does the right thing. Why should a racer run mod and have no chance at a payday, when they can run stock and have a great chance.

While I agree something should be put in place to move people up at ROAR races, this has been a hotbed topic for the Electric On Road Committee. There are no clearcut solutions, and other then having the manufacturers not self propagate the problem, it will be a solution that will piss people off.
I think its funny that you target corally when almost every company does the same thing(hot bodies the only exception i can think of).
Old 06-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

c'mon TJ, I said for Arguements sake.... Does not matter which manufactuerer.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Schumacher doesn't pay travel for stock racers, but maybe we should!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Schumacher doesn't pay travel for stock racers, but maybe we should!!!
i am going to put in a vote for yes on that.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seaball
i am going to put in a vote for yes on that.
Yeah man...This could be a good thing for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.