Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Brian,
Im gonna mess around with the steering, Im gonna try to see what Dennis' idea does then i will try the angled mounts and see if I can tell any difference...

As far as the XLR8, I just had no time with the little turn out and trying to run 2 classes along with the problems with the glitching in 1/12th... Your totally right about the set-up, our track has more agressive bite so the heavy set-up you felt works great there, I should have put a little more time into the sedan to get it hooked up.. Stupid me was trying to use plaid/purple set-up, I think If I would have gone to double pink orange/ double pink then that would have helped a ton. along with a softer set-up.

On another note the D12 was shown at its first big races this weekend and we want to congratulate our drivers on great performances at the ROAR regionals in zone5 and zone2!

Dennis Storti 3rd A-Main 1/12th stock region2
Brian McGreevy 3rd A-Main 1/12th modified region5
John McIntosh 3rd A-Main 1/12th stock region5
Old 03-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gotta say, we were all super impressed with Denny's car this past weekend. Fastest I've seen Den go in any car I think. Carried tons of corner speed.

Nice graphite and interesting design too.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
The lowered drive line doesnt affect the dogbone angles in any way,

Originally Posted by Diggity
with the dog bones angled up out to the wheel it had no affect on the performance.

have you played with diff height on a belted tc? it is a fairly drastic change, and exhibits similar characteristics to changing the roll center. unfortunately, this tuning option goes away with shaft cars. then again, today's tc's have too many adjustments for the average racer anyway.

i am looking forward to seeing this car in action. have you any thoughts about coming out to our grand finale race next weekend, here in cleveland at the gate? we've got over 90 confirmed entries, including brad johnson and brian lutz from out your way. it will be a great way to qualify the car against a full a-main of national level drivers.

thanks,

- rich - keep it shut, mcgreevey.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Whats up Damon, you freakin' hack? First off...anybody who doubts the XLR8 or the D12 needs to see these things first hand. Both of them are works of art and are unbelievably fast.
Anyway....Damon- Are you going to Cleveland this weekend? Let me know either way. I'll tag along if you are and if you're not, I'll bring those hot wheels.

Peace,
Jason
Old 04-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stampede
Whats up Damon, you freakin' hack?

Peace,
Jason
Just got to love it, Lol.
Andrew and I Kicked butt with ours on the asphalt last summer and we were running Damons prototype XLR8.
We can't wait to get them updated.
-Fred
Old 04-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

well im gonna go try the d12 in mod today. Stk was good an now i wanna put some real ponies. 8x2 maybe or 10x1 since thats all i have. i will let you guys know what it was like tonite.

ps. Damon when u get time call me
Old 04-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

what up everyone, Im only a hack when a slower car wont move out the way Jason! lol.. Noticed that you really enjoyed trying out Denney's D12 this weekend, you should stop struggling with that Cyrul car and step your game up let me know and I will hook you up with a deal on one of the kits!!

Dennis, let me know how the D12 is performing outside, would love to know how it feels, we wont be going outside to race for about another month so I cant tell!! Loveing it on carpet, just added another racer to the team Larry Oppenhuizen, He will rippin his D12 this comeing year so watch out this is one fast guy!! Thanks Larry!!

The XL-R8 is comeing soon, Finally made up my mind on the designs of the shock towers and the chassis, just have to get them cut and I will have 100 kits available as soon as I get that done.. This weekend, I put 2 laps on our 19T touring class with this car, handles awesome on Calandra carpet!! Stay tuned

Knapster, give me a call, we can work a deal out on the new updated parts, or you might just want to wait another couple weeks when we will have the finished kit available? let me know?

l8tR, Damon a.k.a. Digs
Old 04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i'm sorry you fellas didn't stop out to cleveland this past weekend. it was a great race. we had around 120 entries and 63 of them in stock sedan alone. we also had a small, but competitive 19t sedan class that dave johson won, over todd hodge. granted, it wasn't a two lap margin, but he was on point.

will anyone be running the xlr8 at cyrul's state race that is coming up? sounds like it is the favored car for 19t, especially since josh also runs crc carpet.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by seaball
i'm sorry you fellas didn't stop out to cleveland this past weekend. it was a great race. we had around 120 entries and 63 of them in stock sedan alone. we also had a small, but competitive 19t sedan class that dave johson won, over todd hodge. granted, it wasn't a two lap margin, but he was on point.

will anyone be running the xlr8 at cyrul's state race that is coming up? sounds like it is the favored car for 19t, especially since josh also runs crc carpet.
seaball, I was too busy this last week and weekend to look the info up on here about the race. I thought it was this weekend Anyway Let me know when Josh is haveing that race? Also please if you can post any other events that you might think we'de like to attend other than the obvious (cleveland-snowbirds-nationals, etc) that would help allot. I get too busy to always find the races around here..

would love to bring the xlr8 and see what we can do!! I heard Dave is pretty fast now that he has been running Xray.. tell him I said what up if you see him!!

holla, Damon a.k.a. digs
Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by seaball
granted, it wasn't a two lap margin, but he was on point.
Yeah and on that, Im not saying that I raced against Paul Lemieux and Walt Henderson or Barry Baker, but at the least we have a couple fast guys and I was just rippin.. We will have to see how well I can get it to work against all you fast homies!!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Denney's D12 was awesome. I think that if the back end was a little stiffer, it might carry even more corner speed. Other than that, it's smooth and user-friendly. As far as the Cyrul car goes....do you accept trade-ins?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Damon,
There is a "state champs" on the 23rd with a practice day on the layout on the 22nd at CEFX.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Hi all, I am going to buy one of the D12 kits this week and would like some setup advice. We run indoors on carpet but only use non smelly aditive. What tyres would you guy suggest? Normally run purple fronts and grey rears (although I have been getting good results running pink rears). What about bodyshells? Speed 12s or the new Speed 12s are also not allowed so any ideas? Looking forward to trying out the new chassis and I beleive it will be the first in the UK!

Any help would be appreciated and many thanks!!

All the best,

Chris.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Where's the patron saint of this thread?
Wingman: The stock setup is killer. If you need more traction, try pink rears or sometimes double pink fronts, pink rears. You should DOMINATE!
Damon: I almost had you last weekend, bro!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Stampede:

Hi,

He's busy cutting chassis. the D12 and the Mini 18T kits are selling as fast as he can make them. you going to the State Champs????????? and do you run a 05???????????

Wingman2:

Hi,

for bodies try the Parma Speed 8. I run it on my 1/12th scale cars and really like it.
Tires:
Whites and Purples (Parma's) work great on most mid to high bite tracks. Pink rears and Double fronts will really give tons of bite. I have never gone that far yet......... but I race on high bite carpet.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.