Wiki Posts
Search

808-RC HAWAII

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default 808-RC HAWAII

Thought I'd start this new thread dedicated to our new premier track out at the Sandbox at Sand Island Offroad Park. Got any questions, suggestions, and or concerns post it here. I will try to answer it as best as I can. We want to make this the best and biggest track in Hawaii, ever. We plan to make the hobby grow alot bigger than before and one day hold national caliber races with mainland racers to come out and race! lmk what you guys think, Shannon
Old 08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Well I just want to start by thanking everyone who came out to the media day today. Word is from the Sandbox crew that we did make a strong showing with the club. This is what Wayne and Reid told me. So everyone can be proud and pat yourselves on the back because we looked good out there today! Backflips were totally awesome for the media! Gonna air on Dis n Dat on channel 16 (OC 16) on october 7 at 10 pm for one week straight. This is according to the famous Kut Master Spazz. Also going to be on the Channel 2 news tonight but not sure about the RC part as I didn't see the film crew out at the track. Might just be of the ceremony itself. Hawaii MX magazine going to debut sometime in January I think gonna have an article and some pics of us at the track. They also offered us a section for our coverage in every issue so be sure to pick up a copy or two when they come out. So we got alot of exposure for the 1st day already! Not to mention everyone stopping by and watching us run. Man, this is going to be huge!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Forgot to mention that if anyone is interested in joining our club "808-RC" please pm me for more info. We could use alot more active members and support. Thanks, Shannon
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here we go Neesh, it was cool out there today. Got some stuff we gotta work on, but the potential is there. Wish we could've run on the BMX track though, it would've gave the reporters something to record and show on the news.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hey, I just saw on KHON that they had a couple second shot of us jumping. I think they got me in the air .
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM
zen
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks to jessie & neesh for daring to dream. Like the speech th Lt. Gov. made, "If you believe it, you will see it" you guys believed in your dream & yesterday we saw the beginning of it. (pretty deep huh, & you just thought we play rc) Hope more people come out to help that talk about racing on dirt so we make a reality. Also thanks to all who took time out from work & play to represent 808-rc in force yesterday.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
Hey, I just saw on KHON that they had a couple second shot of us jumping. I think they got me in the air .
Yeah it was a clip of your buggy and Tyrone's truggy doing the backflip. Was cool! wish it was a little longer though. Cannot wait to see the OC 16 coverage.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zen
Thanks to jessie & neesh for daring to dream. Like the speech th Lt. Gov. made, "If you believe it, you will see it" you guys believed in your dream & yesterday we saw the beginning of it. (pretty deep huh, & you just thought we play rc) Hope more people come out to help that talk about racing on dirt so we make a reality. Also thanks to all who took time out from work & play to represent 808-rc in force yesterday.
Thanks to you guys too. We cannot go at it alone. We need all the support from everybody and you did ALOT already! We have a sponsor that we need to meet with soon to go over some details. I don't want to mention any names yet though until it is confirmed. It will definately be for the good though! I'll fill you in later after we meet.
As for the dreams, I think we all dream of it in a way. LOL Just gotta make em come true. Going be rough but I think we going get alot more support this time. I mean just look at the turnout of some of the old time racers that we havn't seen in awhile. I tell ya, going be BIG! Thanks for the kind words and all that you guys have done!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yo finally got the time to log on
haha you guys was on the news?!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zen
Yup, Jessie and Shannon and whoever else we missed who put in alot of time and effort helped make this happen. Years from now, if we can get everything straight we'll be able to look back and see the beginning. It looks promising and hopefully we'll be able to have a "dirt" track soon. It's been so many years since we've had a track with dirt let alone a top notch one that I feel like I'm starting all over again with the excitement and drive we all once had as newbies. Gotta love the location, looking over the track and into the ocean. I don't think there's another track with that kind of view

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARDWORK.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
Yup, Jessie and Shannon and whoever else we missed who put in alot of time and effort helped make this happen. Years from now, if we can get everything straight we'll be able to look back and see the beginning. It looks promising and hopefully we'll be able to have a "dirt" track soon. It's been so many years since we've had a track with dirt let alone a top notch one that I feel like I'm starting all over again with the excitement and drive we all once had as newbies. Gotta love the location, looking over the track and into the ocean. I don't think there's another track with that kind of view

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARDWORK.
Yeah what better location than that! Wife and kids can play on the beach while us big kids can play on the dirt! Or set your fishing poles up, make your cast and play on the dirt! Going be better for everyone and their families.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Search or post free american classifieds - Hawaii Classifieds. Almost all rc helicopters are 100% assembled and ready to fly out of the box: 6 Channel DragonFly Series $400.00 OBO 808-542-8492.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any 1/5 offroad racing going on?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by IMADMAN
Not sure if the track will accomdate the use of off road 1/5th scale vehicles. I know that there will be a mini bike track that might be ideal for the size and scale of the larger scale. Maintenance of the track could also be factor on whether the larger scales are allowed to run. You should pm neesh for more details.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IMADMAN
Actually we only figured in 1/10 and 1/8 but it all depends on the final location that we aquire. Class entries will be a factor also along with the issues that GS2000 has mentioned. That class would be cool though but like I said we can consider it if the interest is strong enough and have enough guys to help maintain the track. Do you guys have a club going on for the 1/5 stuff? maybe the club can help with the maintenance? lmk what you guys think as we are still in the planning stages. I will address this at the next club meeting though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.