Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
in addition, if you have not yet changed it, i would highly recomed picing up the light weight king pin set Part# sd-414ta.( once again more threads less change of stripping out )
Thanks. I have those, but I also use Speed Racing knuckles on my cars and they seem to have a different thread in them that only works with regular kingpins. When I attempted to put the Ti screw into the knuckle they didnt go in smoothly - I didnt want to wreck the thread so I went back to the std kingpins with loctite. Havent let me down yet.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Thanks. I have those, but I also use Speed Racing knuckles on my cars and they seem to have a different thread in them that only works with regular kingpins. When I attempted to put the Ti screw into the knuckle they didnt go in smoothly - I didnt want to wreck the thread so I went back to the std kingpins with loctite. Havent let me down yet.
I use Speed Racing Knuckles on my BDM, and the Ti kingpins fit in fine. The first 1 or 2 turns wasn't that smooth, but after those few intial turns it was fine, and now the whole kingpin goes in and out smoothly.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

i am not a big fan of using alum steering knukles unless they pivot on a Ball Bearing,
Old 07-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can anyone give advice on what would be the best 19 turn motor to run on asphalt any help much appreciated
Old 07-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
can anyone give advice on what would be the best 19 turn motor to run on asphalt any help much appreciated
Depends on what you mean 'best'

I see you've been posting in the Hobby Habit Indoor thread, if you'll be racing there in thier 19t class you need to run the Control motor - the Peak Dynasty motor. Its a machine wound locked timing 19t motor and actually fairly good as far as locked timing control motors go. Throw the teeth at it and it goes fairly well.

The fastest 19t motor i've ever seen though is the DC Outlaw 19t - milled lightened armature, hand pattern wound, quad magnet, adjustable timing - and really fast considering its a 19t

Otherwise there are quite a few 19t motors that are quite good, like the C2, Reedy, and the new one the Komodo Dragon. I'm not very familiar with those myself though.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

If you can get one, try the CP Money 19T, you can run the same motor without skimming the comm or changing brushes all day. Power will not drop off. The infiniity brush for this motor will last at least 10 to 15 runs. Hoping DC will get these motors soon.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ball ends

Hello Guys, Can anyone on here tell me where to find this parts for sale.#ZC206LH,ZC206MH, ZC206SH found them listed on page 170 of this form. They are the ball ends and 2mm hex screws for the for Mr4BX, i would like to put them on my BD. Thanks,
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive noticed some using aftermarket plates to get a different ackerman
but I also noticed that the C-hubs limits the inside wheels compared to
other cars. So would you file down the C-hub to take advantage of the after
market ackerman plates to get more travel on the inside wheel?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

xrayracer: if you can not get them at a local hobby shop, you can get them at www.yokomousa.com
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

thanks pops had heard that one was pretty good nice to get a confirmation
Old 07-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

thanks pops had heard that one was pretty good nice to get a confirmation
They are so fast!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

thanks vortex if sanctioned where would i get one of those DC motors the trouble with throwing the teeth at any motor is heat witch cuts life of motor
Old 07-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

thanks vortex if sanctioned where would i get one of those DC motors
Because it is hand-wound and adjustable timing, you will need to check its legality before you race it at an AARCMCC sanctioned meeting in 19t. HarrisRC in Queensland has been able to get these motors in the past (www.harrisrc.com), or you could try DC direct (www.dcmotorsports.net). Its not listed on the DC website anymore, but there are other outlaws listed that would be fast, too.

the trouble with throwing the teeth at any motor is heat witch cuts life of motor
Yep. Do you wanna go fast or not? 5.5 is the sweet spot for HHI with a Dynasty motor, they do get resonably warm. An armature will last about a season like that with regular comm cuts (before meeting and before finals), the can will last longer. My can is 2 seasons old and I am able to do 23laps still at HHI. The V2 endbell is also an option for racing at HHI, that may get some more life between cuts also.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pops
They are so fast!
are you finding bottom end or top end or a combo, i have one and am having trouble finding the right gearing. i'm told that when the com turns silver its not getting hot enough even though its very hot to the touch. (more then normal whatever that is)

out track is very large out door.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:12 AM
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Ive noticed some using aftermarket plates to get a different ackerman
but I also noticed that the C-hubs limits the inside wheels compared to
other cars. So would you file down the C-hub to take advantage of the after
market ackerman plates to get more travel on the inside wheel?

I might be wrong, but doesn't the ackerman only effect the outside wheel.
If you set your steering travel at 20degrees left and right then that would be the same regardless what ackerman you are running

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.