Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyway.......back to the actual car this thread is named for.....

I asked this before, but I don't know if anyone who already owns the car ever answered...

How big is the radio box? Is it easy to fit in your receiver and all the wires? Is there any trouble routing the two servo wires all the way over to the receiver box?
Old 11-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

radio box is big enough. i have a futaba pcm in there and its fine. no problem with the wires either.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Cool.....

Thanks for the answer.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The HPI R40, powered by the all new LRP Z.12R “Team” engine smoked the competition as Reto König, LRP´s R&D-manager, went on to win this prestigious German National Championship in the DMC VG10SCST (200mm Nitro) class!

Reto ran his brand new HPI R40, built just two weeks prior to the event, and was very satisfied with the car and the LRP Z.12R “Team” engine which gave him the power & reliability needed to win the 40min final in front of the tough competition.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More News...

this is straight off the HPI Europe website.......

It couldn't have been THAT bad a race..their WAS a mugen in their also...

Last edited by fastharry™; 11-23-2003 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Love it when he gets put in his place !!!

Here's one for my sig.

here's one for your sig....

Last edited by fastharry™; 11-23-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Darkseid... Question??? Do you even have an R40... Reason I'm asking is because of your last post about the receiver box and routing the two servo wires around to the receiver box. Yes. it is quite a distance, but it can be done two different ways... You can route the wires around the fuel tank or you can route them through the battery case... Both ways, use small rip ties to make everything neat. Hope the info helps...
Old 11-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

R40 hollow shafts:

are these made of steel? i'm assuming they are since i would think aluminum be a bit weak to make into hollow main shaft and hollow midshaft.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Centax Clutch Spring/ Counterweight

Does anyone have a problem with the spring that holds the 4 counter weights together coming loose? Any fix ?

Last edited by mr.lunt; 11-23-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default German Nats

Cool, there's a pic of myself...

Just wanted to clarify something for you guys unfamiliar with racing in Europe and/or Germany. We do run 2 classes, the foam class is the more prestigious and competitive one.

I won the rubber nats with a bone stock R40! But also it should be said that things like a little extra weight do not really matter with the low-traction rubber tyres! Also a oneway can not be used because braking would be impossible on rubber tyres this way.

We didn't run the R40 at our foam nationals because the car was not ready for us in Europe in time for that race. It arrived just half a week before the race.
So I can't comment how we would have finished there against all the Mugen's, I ran an NTC3 there.

I'll try to check this thread more frequently from now on also, but can't promise...
Old 11-24-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

thanks burito....

A win is a win.......
Old 11-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rc_alan
Darkseid... Question??? Do you even have an R40... Reason I'm asking is because of your last post about the receiver box and routing the two servo wires around to the receiver box. Yes. it is quite a distance, but it can be done two different ways... You can route the wires around the fuel tank or you can route them through the battery case... Both ways, use small rip ties to make everything neat. Hope the info helps...
No, don't have one yet. I'm switching from the Reflex I ran last year.(just to try something different) So I've been asking quite a few questions here. I like to know as much as possible about a kit before I ever get my hands on it.

Last edited by Darkseid; 11-24-2003 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey, I don't even use the battery box.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Darkseid.. You commented a few posts back that you were missing something about the style of my comments and answers about the R40... If you would read my comments objectively, you would see that while own a R40, also have a few other cars as well... Looking at the goals of one are not the same as the goals of everyone... If you had the Reflex NT, the G4 is as different as night and day... And a much better car... Back to the R40, as a base, the car is good, as far as ease of mantanance, it's no easier to work on then the MTX3, G4, LD3 or any other top car out there. I know that was one of HPI's goals, but many RC Mag's have said otherwise as well. I try to be objectively as possible with out pushing one company over another... Reading and doing research is great, but it's not the same as having the car in your hands and feeling alittle let down. I to did my research on the R40 before I bought the car, went to the Roar Nationals and saw Hara wiin... I saw his car as well... Like I've been saying before, The Team cars from HPI are not the same as the bone stock car out of the box. Every car in that event were running with front oneways... They're used for a reason and if a person's driving style can be trained to use one, your control of the car and lap times will vastly improve... I've never knock the R40 nor HPI.. Yes I said it's no more then an RTR kit car in a box except for the graphite upper deck... because out of the box that's what it is. A very good one and also very adjustable though. That might sound kinda hash, but really it's not... The car is good with alot of room for improvements... Unlike Serpent, that changes cars every year or so, the R40 will be around for 2-3 year cycle if not longer and that's great for everyone who buys the R40... And as for a RTR winning the NATS... The Nitro 4Tec Pro from Traxxas took third at the Roar NATS a few years ago... And even though that car said Pro on the box, I believe no one would confuse Traxxas with Serpent or Trinity or any other major player in the business... Oh, I have a NTEC TRX 2.5 as well.. lol... It all came down to it's driver and the car staying together... Is buying a R40 a good idea??? For some yes and for some no... Good luck with your R40 when you get, I'm sure you'll like it... If you still have your Reflex NT... Compare the two cars and see which one is better... I've seen the Reflex handle quite well by one person and another like a dog.. Of course one was set up correctly and was dialed and the other was not... Enjoy the hobby and happy racing... No hard feelings... Just trying to pass on info when I can and help out when I can...

RC_Alan
Old 11-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats burito!

A win is a win, and obviously Mugen and others thought enough of the race to run it too.

FYI - I think its important too because a lot of people still run rubber tires at local tracks and its nice to see the R40 is good with them too.

Evolution, why don't you stop trying to bash people before you have your facts. Engage the brain, before starting your mouth/keyboard. Take the defintion of your name seriously "A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form". You seem to constantly bash lately and this isn't better for any of us.

Last edited by treky11; 11-24-2003 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Well, I think the R40 is by far the easiest belt car to work on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.