Wiki Posts
Search

WITCH BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Still, my point remains. There is alot good going for the Losi. Popularity and podiums deosn't make it a better car. Just more popular.

To be the best car out there Losi needs:
- to fess up to the servo tray issues and get it resolved.
-Lose the chinese plastic and get some molding machines up and running here in the USSA.
- Copy Xrays direct drive shafts. bigtime lighter and no set screws.
-put the Dx3r in the RTR kits instead of the DX3s.
-ever so slightly better gears. The Kyosho/Odonnel/Mugen/Xray cars do roll better than the AE/Hotbodies/Losi cars.
-carbon fibre shock towers

- and most of all.........a body style that isn't so fishy:

I'd be first in line for one of those, then again it would nearly be an Xray then.
The servo tray flexes but I'm not sure that is a problem. It does flex under extreme braking but what issues does that cause?

I'd love to see them built back in CA again.

DX3R in an RTR? Put down the glass pipe X-ray have an M11 in their kit I'm unaware of?

I havent had any issues with gears yet but it's only got about 1.25 gallons through it.

I prefer aluminum shock towers.

I like the buggy body but that truggy is ugly as sin.

Last edited by madweazl; 10-06-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Better fix "there" before the grammar police get me...
Old 10-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by madweazl
The servo tray flexes but I'm not sure that is a problem. It does flex under extreme braking but what issues does that cause?

I'd love to see them built back in CA again.

DX3R in an RTR? Put down the glass pipe X-ray have an M11 in there kit I'm unaware of?

I havent had any issues with gears yet but it's only got about 1.25 gallons through it.

I prefer aluminum shock towers.

I like the buggy body but that truggy is ugly as sin.

I think its not the brake force pulling the servo plate. I think the chassis flex bends the radio plate. The servo hits the chassis possibly in a hard landing. Servos don't like to be twisted. If the chassis pushes the servo case one way and the radio plate twists it another.......

A really respectable racer pointed out how smooth his Kyosho Mp9 rolls compared to my RC8. If been making a note of it with every car I pick up.

Just needs fixed.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

try blowing the grease out of your bearings and using just a drop or two of some high quality bearing oil. makes a huge difference, but requires more maintenance.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect