Buying a used T Maxx?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying a used T Maxx?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with the rides being old. Sometimes it's worth just buying good (high end)right off the bat. You'll end up spending the coin anyway
Old 06-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vw addict
I guess I learned something from my previous experiences. I have only owned Losi off roaders, and my on roads have been Calandra, Corally, Associated, and Trinity. I don't like crap. I was eyeballing the Losi RTR Buggy at the shop today, but I can't really justify $639 right now.
Save the coin and get what you want. I don't know how many impulse buys I have under my belt But doing that wastes your $$$. You get the qiuck fix only to find out it sucks Look for an 8t for sale at the track. Ask around. If not save up and get the 8t. My T is solid on the track and FUN.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Oh yeah, F.Y.I. on the RTR. The servos aren't the best. Once you change them out it will be a different ride all together. There is a servo saver nut that you must lock tight It's at the bottom of the servo post. Lock tight it about 2mm above the chassi. Set up your end points on the steering so their not extending all the way. In other words, bring the steering in from full Left or right about 5mm to be safe. This helps so the servo doesn't work overtime and burn out.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help so far. I guess I really just want something to rip around the yard with and have fun, can't really see myself getting serious racing again. I wouldn't mind something I could race every once in a while if I wanted. So leaning more towards the Aftershock would you say. I also posted a question about Am vs FM radios in the radio forum if anyone cares to elaborate on the subject. You guys are great.