Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Graphite for newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Graphite for newbie?

I've pretty well decided to get a Losi XXX-S to replace my old TA02. The main question now is do I spend the $50 extra to get the G+ graphite kit, or just get the regular XXX-S?

I haven't driven in several years, so I'm basically back to newbie status -- is the graphite going to hold up to newbie abuse, or would the plastic be better? I'll be running indoors on carpet, ROAR stock motors (prob. PK2), foam tires.

thanks,
dave.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Used Graphite

Related to that, is there any risk of buying a used graphite roller off of somebody (i.e. ebay)? Is it possible for a chassis to get tweaked beyond repair, but look ok in the pictures? Or are they most likely to be OK?

thanks,
dave.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Definitely pony up a few more clams for the G+. The value of all the hopups and the low price of the kit make it one of the best values in TC's right now. A used one would probably be ok, but you may or may not get the new chassis, arms, and shocktowers. I'd just go ahead and get the kit, the Alfa body that comes with the kit works awesome, just pair it up with the preferred tires for your track. I love my G+, its easy to setup and wrench on, and it's pretty durable for being all graphite. However, there is one easy solution, take it easy while you're learning and avoid those boards! First you must learn to be smooth, then speed will come...
Old 03-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The G+ is fairly durable for being all graphite. Losi stuff is great. The G+ is a better deal. I got my XXX-S abotu 2 weeks before they came out with the G+, and I wish I would have waited. It's only $50 more for like 200 bucks in hop ups. Really easy to drive car. Just get some practice and you'll be back in the game.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default I'm a Newbie!

G+ all the way!!!!! It's way cheaper. $50 more? You'd pay that much or more just for the graphite chassis anyway. On top of that, the titanium turnbuckles would cost you that much almost as well along with the beefier driveshafts... etc, etc... only way to go is the G+.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cool - that was easy?

My gosh -- I think I discovered the one point of universal agreement in the forums!

Thanks!

dave.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default XXX-s G+

ds
Spend the extra $50 and get the G+ it is a lot of car
for the money and support at your lhs and track
should be excellent for parts support and setup
if other racers are using it there.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, get the G+ from the very beginning - in the long run, it's much cheaper. Besides, as someone else said: Buy cheap, cry many times. Buy expensive, and you only cry once
Old 03-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

I bought my Losi one day before the G+ came out! I thought the release of the Losi was a couple more months so i didnt really care! But it was Team Losi's site that wasnt updated! The next day i went to my local shop, they already had the G+!
Oh well i didn't spend much anyways! 124.95 was the price i got my losi xxx-s kit for! good deal! You should definitely get the G+! Don't make the same mistake i did