Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Xray TC worth the high price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Is Xray TC worth the high price?

I am looking to get a new TC and I'm really wondering if Xray is worth the high price? TOP, HB, AE are all about $150.00 to $200.00 dollars less. That's a huge difference. So I'm asking is it worth it?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

I drive an XRAY and love it. even though its high on price, it makes up for it in duribility, precision, and driveabiltiy. I find it super easy to work on and wouldnt trade it for anything.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

X-ray's are optimized to remove the most money from your wallet.

Having said that, all of the people that I've talked to directly who own an X-ray really like the cars.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Outofcash
I am looking to get a new TC and I'm really wondering if Xray is worth the high price? TOP, HB, AE are all about $150.00 to $200.00 dollars less. That's a huge difference. So I'm asking is it worth it?
Kent- Once you build an Xray kit, you'll understand where some of that money went! The fit and finish of all the materials is top shelf and it's very adjustable without additional option parts. The car is extremely durable and the only part I have seen racers new to the Xray brand replace are spur gears and rear hubs. Check the August 2009 issue of XRC Magazine for a complete review on the Xray 009!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If you think the price of the Xray kits are expensive... just wait until you have to buy a spare part... But as over-priced as most of the parts are on the car, it is VERY durable (except for the rear uprights), is a joy to work on, and fit and finish are absolutely top shelf.

However, If you think having an Xray will magically make you a faster racer, you will be dissapointed.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Best car I have ever drove, hands down. And one of the most durable, get the wide option front bumper though. The build is the best out of all the cars I've built. Excellent part fit and finish. It tells you something when I was looking into another brand of car, a reputable team manager for that brand told me to stick with the X-Ray. It's just better!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

One word, Yes.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Con
Tech Adept

Yes!! As for parts prices....they may be twice the price but you will only break 1/3 the parts.I used to drive another brand of car becuse it was "cheeper" but I ended up driving too carefully..afraid to break somthing. After getting a XRAY I now RACE.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
If you think the price of the Xray kits are expensive... just wait until you have to buy a spare part... But as over-priced as most of the parts are on the car, it is VERY durable (except for the rear uprights), is a joy to work on, and fit and finish are absolutely top shelf.

However, If you think having an Xray will magically make you a faster racer, you will be dissapointed.
Fact is when you are replacing less and less parts you can concentrate far more on racing, so you get better faster (no pun intended ).
Old 07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

go for it.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I

Yeah, you need a Corally for that
Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No top line TC from Tamiya, Yokomo, X-Ray etc are worth their money - you are paying simply to have the supposed latest and greatest.

As a comparison, Tamiya, Yokomo, AE, & Hot Bodies all make 4wd buggies, which are bigger, have more parts, and have just as much "bling" as their TC cousins... and yet the buggies are cheaper

It's been said many times before, it's all about supply and demand - manufacturers will sell very expensive cars simply because the public are willing to pay for it
Old 07-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am an older (not a kid) newbie to racing. I hit boards more than I would like. I have been racing my Xray all this season and a few races last season. I broke my first part my last race. A rear upright. It didn't really break, the screw just came out.

Get a car that you can easily get parts for. It stinks when you cant run into your LHS to get something quickly. Also look what others use at your track. It makes thing a little easier to have help setting it up or bum a part if the store does have it.

All of the top end TC cars will get you racing. If you can spare the change to get an xray, its well worth it!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Of course Xray have to sell high price. You guys need to have some business scene. Not only thinking the product quantity itself. Look at the marketing! Look how many racers they sponsors! Look how much money they give to RC magazine speaking for them! Look at how many banners they show in main events. The more money they spend on marketing, the better product you think then more easy you withdraw money from your pocket. This is how race car company runs their business.

Last, I'm not saying Xray is not a good product. There are many other manufactures can make high quantity products as well as xray. Just because their marketing makes you think different. Well, I have to admit their marketing looks successful (where is the world champion??). But not equal to they can make more money then other company that do not invest in such large money into marketing.

J.Filipow: Don't 100% trust rc magazine. You think XRC Magazine will write about how good is Xray if Xray do not give them money? it is all about money. We live in world of business remember. Look at those car, hifi magazines. They work the same way.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

When comparing the cost of the kit its important to factor in the additional items you will need to complete the car.

With all the X-Ray cars I have had have been ready to go out of the box.

The TC5 I had provided good value in terms of performance but material quality and fit was extremely poor.

I was already to get a cyclone but after adding up all the little extra(I was told were required) parts the total cost was close to that of the x-ray.

I now have the top car and so far its looking to be on par with x-ray in terms of fit, material quality and durability.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.