Minimum track width - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Continuous 10 feet
Maximum length - 18.1” - - - - - - - - - - - 460 mm
Maximum width - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - WO/ body - - 7.87” - 200 mm
With body - - 8.07” - 205 mm
Height - Minimum - 4.53” - - - - - - - - - - 115 mm
Wheel base - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimum - 9.8”
Maximum - 10.6”
Minimum weight - - - - 1725 g

this is right out of the ROAR 2003 rules..

NO.I forgot to add the body....I was weighing a ham sandwich at the same time(I was in the deli next door....see what happens when I'm hungry?.. )
I cant quite decipher your message here, but if you did not include the body that adds another 100g at least taking it to 1830g. The ROAR rule is for the car dry weight, ie including body.

My V1RR EVO with some lightened stuff weighs in at 1695g with everything minus fuel.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AMGracer,

He is trying to say that the rule is that minimum weight allowed by ROAR of your car with body, less fuel, is 1725g. That means if you run your car at a ROAR event, you would have to add weight or be disqualified from running in that event.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jwf_frani
from what ive heard the tank is 3cc too small and
you cant make that up because you are only allow
7-8 inches of fuel line wich is 1 cc. at our track
the fastest cars run 18 laps when you calculate
that 2cc is half a lap and on bad conditions it
might be hard to make even 17 laps. On smaller
tracks fuel milleage is not an issue but on larger
tracks the car 2-3 cc will count.

Although I have spoken to someone from hpi
and they are going to update to a bigger tank.

Hmmm...........

Very suspicious.

I think we can call the upcoming new bigger tank another "Hop-up" in HPI's big bag of Hop-ups.

Last edited by FREAKAH; 10-02-2003 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

o

Last edited by fastharry™; 10-02-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Hmmm...........

Very suspicious.

I think we can call the upcoming new bigger tank another "Hop-up" in HPI's big bag of Hop-ups.

the tank will be a running change.......along with a few other changes...Can't fault HPI for taking this seriously,can you?...

As far as hop ups?......too bad HPI can't be like all the OTHER companys and not offer ONE hop up part....

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/226.html

OH...WAIT.........They ARE like other companys.......

except...THEY have a US Championship under their belt ALREADY......(sort of like the other POS...the nitro tc3......which ALSO has a championship belt)...So I guess,they ARE NOT like other companys.

the r40 isn't perfect,but HPI will will evolve the car...

You know you want one Freakah...otherwise you wouldn't be here..just go get one,and this way you can bring something costructive to the table..(Sort of like TREKY 11)..

Last edited by fastharry™; 10-02-2003 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jwf_frani
from what ive heard the tank is 3cc too small and
you cant make that up because you are only allow
7-8 inches of fuel line wich is 1 cc. at our track
the fastest cars run 18 laps when you calculate
that 2cc is half a lap and on bad conditions it
might be hard to make even 17 laps. On smaller
tracks fuel milleage is not an issue but on larger
tracks the car 2-3 cc will count.

Although I have spoken to someone from hpi
and they are going to update to a bigger tank.
Could you please tell me where you found this rule.. I could find nothing in the ROAR rulebook that says you can't have as much fuel line as you want, so long as the total capacity of the tank and lines and filter(s) doesn't exceed 75cc. I know they (ROAR) like to sometimes spread the rules out between different sections, so maybe I'm just not seeing it.

I practice what I preach, so rules 6-4 and 6-6 of the ROAR rulebook is where I see the capacity rule (and measurement method).

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastharry

the r40 isn't perfect,but HPI will will evolve the car...

You know you want one Freakah...otherwise you wouldn't be here..just go get one,and this way you can bring something costructive to the table..(Sort of like TREKY 11)..
too true fastharry!!! no car is perfect... especially out of the box! and hey! there are threads i wouldn't visit coz i don't give a rat's ass about the car. i got the r40 partially because of the good things that were being said about it right at this forum. partially because it won!!! so to those who are reading this but do not have the car yet...well...it just might be time to get one

Last edited by chambalero; 10-02-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Freakahs a good guy.......He's just having some fun..but he'd be having alot more with an R40 in his stable....
Old 10-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default R40 gear ratios

Can someone explain to me how to read the HPI R40 gear ratio chart: http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/in...0/R40-P45o.jpg

What I mean is, which combinations can be used together and you'll still have the proper gear mesh. Obviously, not all combinations can be used, for instance, you certainly can't use the 18/49 combination first gear with the 18/43 second gear.

Are they saying that when you use the 15 tooth first you have to use the 18 tooth second (because they are in the same column on the chart)? And then, once you have that combination of pinions, can you use any of the spurs listed, or do you have to use the 'left most' spurs in the chart for both first and second, for example, the 49 with the 46?

I'm thinking that 15/47 first won't work with 18/46...

I'm confused.

I liked their old ratio chart for the RS4 series better: http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/in...I-72516-P4.jpg Simple to see what combinations are 'allowed' to get proper mesh.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

walt..yes you can use the 18/49 and the 18/43 secondit would give you a 6.978 first gear rationand a 6.187 second gear ratio)...you can use any FIRST gear spur with ANY 1st gear pinion...those combos and their ratios are all listed in the first section...

and then you can do the same for second gear.....

ANY firts gear combo can be used with ANY second gear combo

just realize they make FIRST gear spurs and SECOND gear spurs...(the parts #'s are there in the ratio section,under 49,48,and 47)...

and 46,45,44 and 43 under tge second gear ration chart..

and the pinions are different too....teh 18tooth first gear pinion has a diffrent part # than the second gear 18tooth pinion..

the the great part is,the motor stays in teh same location..no weight distribution changes..

Pretty cool,right?..

the pinions and spurs in their prospective gear catergory have the same outside diameter.......only the teeth shape changes..
Old 10-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

So, all of the first gear pinions, regardless of number of teeth, are the same diameter? Same goes for the second gear pinions (all same as each other, not the same as the first gear pinions)?

I'll have to see this to understand how they did that... I thought all the gears were the same pitch, therefore, more teeth means larger pitch diameter. Plus, the 'ratio' is not only the number of pinion teeth/number of spur teeth, but also the pinion circumference/the spur circumference. Therefore, how can the 18 tooth first gear pinion have the same diameter as the 15 tooth first gear pinion AND still have the same pitch, which would be required since they have to both mesh with the same spur gears???

Can anyone back up Fastharry on this? Basically, he says that any combination can be used, and the engine stays in the exact same position for any combination.

This seems to be breaking the laws of mechanics.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

I'm pretty sure Fastharry is correct.

I dropped the green gears on my clutchbell and left the stock spurs and no problems.

I don't know how they did it either, but it looks like they did.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

and heres the funny part.......lets say you take the 15 and 18 tooth pinion....one has narrow teeth,one has wide teeth..yet if you hold them together,the teeth are the same space apart....

Ahhhh....hpi RACING

btw,the SS is teh same way...

Old 10-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by treky11
I'm pretty sure Fastharry is correct.

I dropped the green gears on my clutchbell and left the stock spurs and no problems.

I don't know how they did it either, but it looks like they did.
did you notice any change is speed by changing to the green pinions? I was considering changing mine as well since I run on a fairly large track with a long back straight.

Now here's an idea for those of you more knowlegeable can you mix and match these pinions say red first gear and green second (just an example) to get expolsive lowend and screaming high end? I'm knida new to the touring car scene been away for a few years doing MT's and the tech has surpassed what was available 4-5 years ago.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

sure can...

you can use a 15t pinion and 49 t 1st gear spur for a 7.909 first gear...and a 21 t pinion with a 43 t second gear spur for a 4.957 second gear ratio for a 6 tooth split...

HOO ---AHHHH!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.