Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobEmm
Reducing caster gives more off-power steering and less chance for traction roll. Great for tight indoor smooth tracks!
Its still 15 degrees of casters, just the axle is roughly 3-4mm higher. On a high traction track it made my car extremely loose on exit, on lower bight track it seemed to make the car push off power.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So this question was asked to me from another Losi driver. Anyone running the Orion motors, how do you mount the motor up to the E 3.0 since the Orion motors use a bigger screw and the motor mount is setup for a smaller screw? I run Tekin so I don't have this issue, I didn't know it existed.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtgolfing
Well, dropping the rear diff oil down to 3k and standing up the rear shocks really helped. Was able to make the tight turns and slide out the rear end more.
Did the same, and the car is night and day. Can whip it around turns where as before it would just push into the pipe on the other side of the track. Great setup idea, helped me millions.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi mlbright,

I had the same problem with a Neu motor on my RC8.
I don't think there are so many cars (Serpent, JQ...) with 3mm and 4 mm motor mount screws.
Maybe, you can try an Losi 2.0 motor mount ? I don't know if it can fit the 3.0, but you can find losa9199 and losa9198, and I think you will have 4mm motor screw holes.
If not, I think there's enough space to drill the original 3.0 motor mount.
Bye !
Old 02-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlbright
So this question was asked to me from another Losi driver. Anyone running the Orion motors, how do you mount the motor up to the E 3.0 since the Orion motors use a bigger screw and the motor mount is setup for a smaller screw? I run Tekin so I don't have this issue, I didn't know it existed.
Just drill the holes a bit bigger. That's what a few guys I run with have done.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlbright
I have the Orion Vst2 pro 1900KV in mine, as others stated just mod the mount.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm considering converting my Losi 8ght 3.0 to electric. I understand Losi has a kit for this but it seems that it was released prior to the 3.0 version (I may be wrong about this). Will the conversion kit work on the 3.0 buggy? Also, what body will I need to run to clear the battery on the buggy once converted? Finally, I noticed that the conversion has the battery positioned toward the front of the chassis unlike the 3.0 e-buggy which puts the battery on the back of the chassis. Is this a disadvantage or does it lie in the realm of different distribution of weight vs. the 3.0 e-version? I see drivers wanting to move the battery forward on their 3.0 8ight-e's which makes me wonder if the preferred route isn't a nitro buggy with the e-conversion. If there are any other equipment/setup variations that the nitro to e-conversion require over the OEM e-buggy, please let me know. I have an 8ght 3.0 e buggy as well so doing this may leave me with two e-buggies with different weight distribution. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Have any of you ever tried these tires? Which compound is softer clay or soft?
I'm running on a indoor hard packed dirt track.

http://www.panthertires.com/store/in...product_id=108
Old 02-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by achtung6
I'm considering converting my Losi 8ght 3.0 to electric. I understand Losi has a kit for this but it seems that it was released prior to the 3.0 version (I may be wrong about this). Will the conversion kit work on the 3.0 buggy? Also, what body will I need to run to clear the battery on the buggy once converted? Finally, I noticed that the conversion has the battery positioned toward the front of the chassis unlike the 3.0 e-buggy which puts the battery on the back of the chassis. Is this a disadvantage or does it lie in the realm of different distribution of weight vs. the 3.0 e-version? I see drivers wanting to move the battery forward on their 3.0 8ight-e's which makes me wonder if the preferred route isn't a nitro buggy with the e-conversion. If there are any other equipment/setup variations that the nitro to e-conversion require over the OEM e-buggy, please let me know. I have an 8ght 3.0 e buggy as well so doing this may leave me with two e-buggies with different weight distribution. Thanks in advance.
The conversion, will work, but the setup of the car will have to be different due due to the different chassis and chassis layout of the 3.0 e car... I ran a converted nitro went it first came out it worked great, but eventually I did convert it to a real 3.0 e, they both worked great!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Did the same, and the car is night and day. Can whip it around turns where as before it would just push into the pipe on the other side of the track. Great setup idea, helped me millions.
Cool, glad it worked for you too. Lorenzo has LRH setup with so many tight turns right now, I needed all the turning I could get.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brian C.
The conversion, will work, but the setup of the car will have to be different due due to the different chassis and chassis layout of the 3.0 e car... I ran a converted nitro went it first came out it worked great, but eventually I did convert it to a real 3.0 e, they both worked great!
Thank you. Are you sure the conversion kit will work on the 3.0? I just asked a vendor who replied saying the conversion kit will not work on the 3.0 because it was intended for the 8ght and 8ght T but not the new car. Which Losi 8ght did you convert to electric power?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Thank you. Are you sure the conversion kit will work on the 3.0? I just asked a vendor who replied saying the conversion kit will not work on the 3.0 because it was intended for the 8ght and 8ght T but not the new car. Which Losi 8ght did you convert to electric power?
They are the same. The Losi conversion from the 2.0 will work on the 3.0. I did this when the 3.0 came out and personally prefer this setup over the 3.0 Ebuggy. I do have both cars still.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
They are the same. The Losi conversion from the 2.0 will work on the 3.0. I did this when the 3.0 came out and personally prefer this setup over the 3.0 Ebuggy. I do have both cars still.
This is wonderful information. Thank you so much for clarifying this for me. Do you happen to know what all changed when the 3.0 car was introduced?

Also, which body will work well with a converted 3.0 buggy? Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

So, to do the forward battery mod or not to do the forward battery mod? How do you do it anyways?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

I used the E conversion on the 8ight 3.0 Nitro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.