Community
Wiki Posts
Search

people that leave the Kyosho Mp9 and are happy with there new ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I ran them all I must say, you aren't going to switch and have a better handling car than a Kyosho. some will say that's a lie but they are more comparing a new kit to an old kit. sometimes a car handles different and people mistake that for better.
you will however find more durable better wearing cars out there. all in all I think you can make them all work as I am proof since I can go the same speed with almost any kit, due to understanding set up.
some cars also are easier to work on than others but all in all they are really about the same. seems to take the same amount of screws to take out a front/rear diff. Unless your lutz and you have done it 6 million times and can do it in 3 seconds, they all take the same time, its whether they are captured hinge pins or bolts.
so not to babble but to be honest you can find a car that handles equal and also find one that is more fun to look at in your pit. but they don't make a kit that handles BETTER. Theres a reason why they can charge what they charge for a kit and still cant keep them in stock.
BTW I currently run a XB82014 and soon a Tekno Truggy. and probably next a tekno buggy. they are so different that it keeps it interesting.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
I made the jump from a Tki3 to a losi 3.0. It has been a big change but all in all I am happy with my current car. Yes the losi has some big shoes to fill. Both cars have there own handling traits, each car handles things differently. I must admit when the going gets really rough is when the Kyosho car is in its element. But for the most part the losi car is just as competitive. I do agree with what others in here have said to. The mugen car is a very competitive platform and if I trade up my Losi and mugen is what it would be.
Great info.

Plus when they add the NEW 16mm shocks and Univ. It will be a force...
Old 07-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
BTW I currently run a XB82014 and soon a Tekno Truggy. and probably next a tekno buggy. they are so different that it keeps it interesting.
dont know if you have driven tekno buggy yet, but i have a feeling you'll soon discover there are "better" steering buggies out there than the k
you cant really use "there's a reason they can charge what they charge" as an excuse, cos the official line is that it has to do with the exchange rate/country of manufacture etc not that its so much better
Old 07-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
dont know if you have driven tekno buggy yet, but i have a feeling you'll soon discover there are "better" steering buggies out there than the k
you cant really use "there's a reason they can charge what they charge" as an excuse, cos the official line is that it has to do with the exchange rate/country of manufacture etc not that its so much better
Exchange rate can be a factor. But Is Mugen made in Japan? They are reasonably priced. Or is it Japanese firm with Taiwann manufacture ?
Old 07-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Exchange rate can be a factor. But Is Mugen made in Japan? They are reasonably priced. Or is it Japanese firm with Taiwann manufacture ?
Mugen is not made in Japan.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
I ran them all I must say, you aren't going to switch and have a better handling car than a Kyosho. some will say that's a lie but they are more comparing a new kit to an old kit. sometimes a car handles different and people mistake that for better.
you will however find more durable better wearing cars out there. all in all I think you can make them all work as I am proof since I can go the same speed with almost any kit, due to understanding set up.
some cars also are easier to work on than others but all in all they are really about the same. seems to take the same amount of screws to take out a front/rear diff. Unless your lutz and you have done it 6 million times and can do it in 3 seconds, they all take the same time, its whether they are captured hinge pins or bolts.
so not to babble but to be honest you can find a car that handles equal and also find one that is more fun to look at in your pit. but they don't make a kit that handles BETTER. Theres a reason why they can charge what they charge for a kit and still cant keep them in stock.
Pretty much what my thoughts are too. There is no 'best' buggy. They all have there good points and bad points. The one reason I switched from Kyosho to Mugen was the wear, I was not impressed with the wear on the driveline and the shocks on the Kyosho. I will say it was a very nice handling car and stock setup isn't very far off for making a person comfortable. As for the Mugen, I am still new to it at the moment but it does lots of things very nice but needs a bit more setup time to get it dialed in. One thing I can say for sure is that it has a ton of corner speed and rotates and excels very well out of the corners.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Might not be the best for you!!! (Or us mortals) cause how fast it wears or breaks! but for pure performance when NEW! It cant be beat..... there is a best........its the 1 with all the championships!!! those wins aint no fluke..........hands down if a company is going to design a buggy I bet you any money the test buggy is a kyosho! The buggy they run against to pace there's is a kyosho! If you don't believe me ask Tekno! I was there!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kyosho has to be the only car that would produce a thread like this ...LOL
Old 07-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
your right there are better steering bugs out there, but the most steering really doesn't mean anything.........most of those bugs are deemed a "Handfull" Its not all about steering
Old 07-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Mugen is not made in Japan.
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 0
All Mugen Seiki cars and parts are made in Japan but using US metals and plastics, they do a lot of research to make sure the ingredients they use to make there cars are of the highest quality. I dont know if anyone as ever seen how a Japanesse factory runs but they are super effecient, super clean, and extremely attentive to detail. They pride themselves in producing the highest quality product possible with absolutely no defects in workmenship. Were as all the Chinnese kits are all about just pumping them out as fast as possible to make a profit. Mugen only makes 4 cars and they are all race quality.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...de-asia-4.html
Old 07-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

So far in the last 4 years I have raced the mp9, mbx6, rc8.2, and the losi 2.0-3.0. I switched over to the new tekno nb48 and im glad I did. Granted there are features on all the car that I like and dont like. But or my style tracks large and small, smooth and bumpy in my experienced opinion the nb48 works best for me in all situations. The tuning characteristics on this buggy are second to none no matter the track conditions. I was the first one at my track to switch over to the tekno and after several races this summer many have made the switch to tekno and everyone so far is glad they did. No fanboy-ism here. The nb48 is truly a top contender if you're driving style is aggressive. Not to say it won't perform if your driving style is anything else but aggressive, but based on me and the other drivers are that did make the switch, that is the consensus we came up with. Also I would like to mention that depending on you track and traction conditions, the engine placement option on the tekno has proven to be a game changer as far as tuning options go for 1/8 nitro racing in general.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I sold my Tki3 around this time last year, very happy I did so.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Tech Initiate

All Mugen Seiki cars and parts are made in Japan but using US metals and plastics, they do a lot of research to make sure the ingredients they use to make there cars are of the highest quality. I dont know if anyone as ever seen how a Japanesse factory runs but they are super effecient, super clean, and extremely attentive to detail. They pride themselves in producing the highest quality product possible with absolutely no defects in workmenship. Were as all the Chinnese kits are all about just pumping them out as fast as possible to make a profit. Mugen only makes 4 cars and they are all race quality.

I believe all that!........ And im not flaming MUGEN one bit...love the car n the design, got a old mbx4 in my garage! but you are talking about the same Mugen that broke front arms if you stared at it wrong correct? that's not a good def of QUALITY! I raced 2weeks ago n 2 MBX7T's went out with broken frontends! I kno they all break! but not all that easy!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I believe all that!........ And im not flaming MUGEN one bit...love the car n the design, got a old mbx4 in my garage! but you are talking about the same Mugen that broke front arms if you stared at it wrong correct? that's not a good def of QUALITY! I raced 2weeks ago n 2 MBX7T's went out with broken frontends! I kno they all break! but not all that easy!

Im very curious here....

I know mugens from past and present have had problems with breaking arms. Hell its happened to me and seen it happen at the track numerous times. My question is are the new 7's the same way? If so why hasn't Mugen done anything about this issue that has plagued the buggy and even more so the truggy for years? This is one of the biggest reasons why I switched to Tekno besides there kits work the best with me and my driving style. When a problem comes up with any of there kits it will be fixed with in months not years.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Tech Initiate

I am a Mugen fan, I believe the materials, quality, etc. but I know for a fact, mugen is not made
In Japan. It is designed in Japan. It is made in Taiwan side by side with the new hotbodies cars. Hell even they state in the box/packaging it is made in Taiwan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.