Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Another great Snowbirds in the books. Thanks to Mikke and crew for a great race, and all around top notch event.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone have the breakdown of motors between bushed and brushless for the winners in touring?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have a video montage of the mains somewhere? Would love to see them!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When are the Oval results going to be posted?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Way to Go Micro Peel!! (Travis Schreven) Way to peel it pimpin!!

Brett
Old 02-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Micros car was retarted.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Joel M used a Associated TC5, not Xray.
Also, Tom Firsching and Paul Ciccarello were driving CRC Gen-X cars in the 1/12th GTP Stock class.

Congrats to Tommy on his first (and hopefully not last) big win!!!

Let Tom's tragedy this weekend be a lesson to all... If you win a race and the trophy presentation is anywhere in the vicinity of a swimming pool or other body of water you could be thrown into, try to remember to take any personal electronic devices (cellular telephones, PDA’s, MP3 players, electronic key fobs, etc.) out of your pockets so they do not get destroyed if a gorilla like Mark Smyka decides to throw you in.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G Ace
Also, Tom Firsching and Paul Ciccarello were driving CRC Gen-X cars in the 1/12th GTP Stock class.

Congrats to Tommy on his first (and hopefully not last) big win!!!

Let Tom's tragedy this weekend be a lesson to all... If you win a race and the trophy presentation is anywhere in the vicinity of a swimming pool or other body of water you could be thrown into, try to remember to take any personal electronic devices (cellular telephones, PDA’s, MP3 players, electronic key fobs, etc.) out of your pockets so they do not get destroyed if a gorilla like Mark Smyka decides to throw you in.

I threatened them to not try and throw me in. But the only one in the Stock main that was bigger than my leg was Mo. I was driving a BMI Cyclone in Stock and a T2 007 Carpet Spec in Stock rubber.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

well big sac that was a well deservered win in stk foam u earned
Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Suspended

how did the new serpent prototype do?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Stock Rubber

Great job Jason Ertrachter for winning stock rubber! That Vegas set-up just keeps working... Fun race this weekend. I met a lot of cool people with a lot of talent. The race coordinators were very helpfull as well as the team drivers and EA. Thanks Martin Hudy and Fairtrace for the set-up and great job on your wins. Also another Travis (Micro) day. Wish we could've hung out more this weekend. I hope to see everyone at the Reedy race. Lates...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I threatened them to not try and throw me in. But the only one in the Stock main that was bigger than my leg was Mo. I was driving a BMI Cyclone in Stock and a T2 007 Carpet Spec in Stock rubber.
Here is the pool incident....

http://tonyp126.smugmug.com/RC

More Snowbirds images coming soon.....
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What tire componds were run in stock 12th
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up You can do-eeet

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Fun race this weekend. I met a lot of cool people with a lot of talent. The race coordinators were very helpfull as well.
Pep talks anyone?

As the new member of this years Snowbirds tech crew I'd like to say thank you to all the racers who made my long hours at the tech table more enjoyable than the spare time I spent drinking the last four years. Hmm? Maybe thats why I drove better too ?

Anyone who has ever said the the tech job is thankless has not worked with all of Y'all(Yeah I'm from Florida duuude!). It was specially appreciated by me and my partner-in-tech and on-road tech director Jim Smith to have each of you that did so, come to the tech area for the sole reason to tell us thanks, Good job, You suck or whatever . Whether it was meant or not.

If asked to, I'll be there again next year.

Thanks goes out to each and everyone of you and the only negative I have from the whole affair is. I now have about four hundred new names and faces logged into my ever decreasing memory bank, And now instead of counting sheep to get to sleep, I see X-Rays, Stalions, Serpents and TC5's. Oh my!
(Yeah I know I left you Losi and other makes guys out but I just could't work it in to the whole Lions and tigers and snakes oh my thing)

And I sincerely hope that my sometimes demented sense of humor offended no one. On more than one occasion I thought to my and myselfs other multiple personalities, Should we have just said that? oops. To late!

Till next year, Racers, You have five seconds or less. Beeeeeeeeep
Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

the pool dunk is a snowbird tradition. I know its not a first and won't be the last at the current location. Its just a lot more interesting than hunting down a gatorade cooler.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.