Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Looking for .28 recommendations, Ofna 1/8 >

Looking for .28 recommendations, Ofna 1/8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for .28 recommendations, Ofna 1/8

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Looking for .28 recommendations, Ofna 1/8

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a huge lot of RC cars and parts. The one I'm currently going to rebuild is a 4wd Ofna 1/8. I'm not sure of the model, see the pics below and let me know what it is. Anyway the engine is blown, it came with an Ofna Force 28. My understanding is these engines are not that great so I would like to upgrade it.

I'm new to nitro other than an old K&B .20 sportster from an Airplane about 25 years ago. So I'm looking for a drop in engine pipe combo. Hopefully I can use the transmission. So this is what I'm looking for...

Easy tune/consistent w pull start
Reliability
Good Power, nothing crazy needed
Good price

Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for .28 recommendations, Ofna 1/8-aa.jpg   Looking for .28 recommendations, Ofna 1/8-aab.jpg  
Old 08-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

LRP 28 Spec 3 or its close cousin the Dynamite Big Red 28 + a JP-4 pipe. (Lots of other pipes would work...)

The car is an Ofna DM-1.. - like this one... I think. It has a shock conversion if so. Not sure if 1/8 or 1/7.. Anyway, looks like a DM-1. And that engine combo is wicked in anything 1/8, including MT's...

My only gripe with the DM-1 is the absolutely stupid clutch bell design. You need to get an Ofna shim kit and go ahead and order a tenner of the small baby front clutch bell bearings..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6OWuF16TE

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info! Are there any other lower priced pipe alternatives you would recommend? Or is the JP-4 worth the extra bucks?

I bet it came with some shims and bearings. It came with a box full of parts. Most still in the bag.