Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Crankshaft question

Hi guys,

Would anyone know if I can use the crankshaft from 2106 engine in a MT12? Thanks.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
If you have a lot of traction and the track is smooth and flowing, you might want to try the highest roll center in front (i.e no shims under the front arms to angle the front arms more) and UTI / LT insert combo in the rear. I think Julius tried it and found it nice. I tried it and I found the car to have lots of steering and responds very fast.
D

What springs were you and julius using?
Old 06-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by CraigH
The NTC3 tanks is larger then the 75cc limit. They send a insert with the tank to bring it to legal limits. I think its 78-80cc but I not sure on that.
Hi CraigH,

Thanks for letting me know this.

Will someone please post pictures of what the tank looks like with the insert installed... and also not installed?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Crankshaft question

Originally posted by Blue Sky
Would anyone know if I can use the crankshaft from 2106 engine in a MT12? Thanks.
Not possible. 2106 crankshaft is based on the newer Novarossi NS12 engines which has 11.5 mm crankshaft diameter. The MT12 is based on the older RS12 Novarossi engines which has 11 mm crankshaft diameter.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Picard
What springs were you and julius using?
I use yellow all around predominantly. I think Julius uses red and when traction goes down, yellow all around. One time, I think he used red rear and yellow front in his setup. This he used with the UTI / LT rear roll center and highest front roll center. He says it keeps the rear in shape on fast sweepers. I tried yellow front and rear red and the car had a lot of on power steering. That was on my diff setup. The rear wasn't slipping at all.

I'm going to stand up the shocks a little more in the rear and see how it goes.

BTW, I'm currently using 4x1.2 mm pistons with 40wt Serpent shock oil front and rear. I believe Julius used 5x1.2 mm pistons with 50wt Serpent oil front and rear.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Will someone please post pictures of what the tank looks like with the insert installed... and also not installed?
If I remember correctly, it is exactly like the newer 710 tank which allows you to screw on plastic inserts inside the tank.

The 710 has that feature NOT because it is illegal but just so that racers can fine tune the tank capacity when slight temperature changes and the usage of longer fuel lines or when using with external fuel filter.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Crankshaft question

Not possible. 2106 crankshaft is based on the newer Novarossi NS12 engines which has 11.5 mm crankshaft diameter. The MT12 is based on the older RS12 Novarossi engines which has 11 mm crankshaft diameter.
Thanks D. You da man.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi CraigH,

Thanks for letting me know this.

Thanks!
haha I know what you are thinking because I am thinking about the same things

Just ask "Donkey kong" to make sure he has the insert in his tank. I am sure he is not try to win by cheating. He don't have to.

Last edited by Eddie M; 06-15-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Eddie M
Just ask "Donkey kong" to make sure he has the insert in his tank. I am sure he is not try to win by cheating. He don't have to.
Well, some times it is plain ignorance. When the NTC3 was just out, not many people know that the stock tank without insert exceeded the 75 cc limit. You guessed it right. Many raced without the insert until it was public knowledge that the NTC3 cars should have the insert on when racing.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
Hi Sow, actually we did the test and so our customer responds. All has the same perceptions. I believe I posts those experiment thing before in here in which actually I found other 2 brands of our experiments does not hold it tracktion well later on.
I'll be interested to read those experiments ... I suppose I better do a search.

s, one is more resistant to chunk as it packs more rubber in it, no doubt, but it requires cleaner track surface to have the same grip which is not suitable for us. In fact, one of our customer tried that brand again (more rubber packed) last Lola Race meeting and on the upper final (chrismast tree system) he change again to the best brand to our knowledge and, obviously, he said it has much much more overall grip. The other one is just less desirable because of its below performance and high prices.
Yes, what tyres you use regularly depends on the track type you're going to race on. I used "the best brand" quite a bit when I was in KL. Works beautifully on the permanent tracks.

... Abouth the ackerman, as Goldfinger mentioned, we only drilled a new holes on knuckle as the servo saver on S710 does not leave us with enough room to mods it. Not yet tried (on Goldfinger's car), but will let you what we will gets between in/outside tires reading on hudy. Towards true ackerman is what we are trying to get and see how it responds to on/off throttle (which is linier as what we desire/expect).
Looking forward to the results and pictures!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: BaxterC

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
yes i' will buy another one!!!Thank you,
Marcos
You're da man!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: NTC3 fueltank

I just read in the forum something about about the NTC3 fueltank.
Is it oversize (larger than 75cc)... if so, by how much? Does it need something inside the tank (an 'insert') to make it legal for racing? If yes, can someone please post a picture of what it should look like in 'legal' trim?
Glenn, its closer to 90cc, enough for a couple more laps on longer tracks and even more on shorter ones. I don't have a picture handy but the insert is basically a plastic cylinder (similar) in color to the tank (white opague) which is supposed to screwed into the tank bottom.

If you flip the lid open you should be able to see this cylinder (slightly smaller than the diameter of the tand hole) at the bottom.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eddie M
haha I know what you are thinking because I am thinking about the same things

Hi Eddie,

Nah, I am not worried about him cheating. I know he would probably kick my a** with any car. His is not the only NTC3 out there... all the NTC3 drivers should be aware of this insert thingy. Don't want to have anyone inadvertantly caught with their pants down due to an oversight. Especially if they go to a larger race where rules are more rigidly enforced.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Novarossi or RB engines are fine too in the 710. But that NovaMega one bad ass 5 port engine. Do you run with rules at your track? Perhaps it would be better to get a legal 3 port engine. Learn to drive the car before getting the baddest engine. Less parts breakage and more fun in the long run.
thx D I already have a legal 3 port engine I can learn to drive with but I just want something better for when I learn how to control my car and want to go faster So you think this is a good engine to race with? my LHS has 3 of them currently in stock I am currently debating whether to get this engine http://www.nitrohouse.com/images/NovaRossi-TSR3.jpg
or the Novamega?

which one would you buy D if you were in my shoes

Last edited by FW-05RR; 06-15-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Post Roll Center position question

If some wrote their Roll-center position upper on the setups sheet as : low inner, would that be the UTI or the UBI position that is explained in the setup book?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.