Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I barely got to begin to start putting the tc6 together. I started with the shocks first and once finished I noticed the springs free floating. Is this normal? They only tend to have some what of tension once the collars are almost all the way down.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
I barely got to begin to start putting the tc6 together. I started with the shocks first and once finished I noticed the springs free floating. Is this normal? They only tend to have some what of tension once the collars are almost all the way down.
Yup normal, get them on the car and the spring slop will be reduced once you set the droop. Don't forget not to thread the rod end ball cups all the way onto the shock shafts or you may not get full suspension down travel. I think the manual tells you what the overall shock length should be.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

And don't forget to make a mark on the top part and ring (permanent marker line will do) before you unscrew the rings, this way you can count how many turns you need to compress the springs and have the same amount for each shock, front/rear , left/right.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

thanks guys. so far i spent 4 hours taking my time and i did the shocks, diffs, bulkheads and the axles and ca'd glue the chassis, towers and top plate.

now no matter what i freaking do one of the axle is binding badly. no set screw just the pin in it seems as its getting stuck and it does not spin freely. the other 3 do, but this one stays at one position and it wont budge im thinking defective pin or cva axle?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey I have a question I currently have a tc5 with the exotek chassis. Should I upgrade to the tc6 right now. Or should I wait. To upgrade. If I should choose to upgrade you think the tc6 is the best choose. Thanks for the help
Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys. so far i spent 4 hours taking my time and i did the shocks, diffs, bulkheads and the axles and ca'd glue the chassis, towers and top plate.

now no matter what i freaking do one of the axle is binding badly. no set screw just the pin in it seems as its getting stuck and it does not spin freely. the other 3 do, but this one stays at one position and it wont budge im thinking defective pin or cva axle?
Had same problem with one of my kits! One axle was machined too little so the cup joint didn't go in enough and scubbed on the inside wall. They just have to give you a new axle (the part that come the bearings on).

Regards, L
Old 11-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yep. it is know to happen, just contact AE for a replacement, they should do this quickly.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sczrface85
Hey I have a question I currently have a tc5 with the exotek chassis. Should I upgrade to the tc6 right now. Or should I wait. To upgrade. If I should choose to upgrade you think the tc6 is the best choose. Thanks for the help
You could have read a few pages back, but if the Exotek TC5 was better than TC6 we would all be racing your car

Seriously, wait for the kit to be supplied with gear diff if this comes out soon, I guess it will be, all other makes do now.

TC5 was and still is a good chassis and Exotek helps a lot for balance.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Ok I keep an eye out for it but in your opinion you would upgrade
Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok I keep an eye out for it but in your opinion you would upgrade
Without question and upgrade is necessary if you have the desire and funding.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

ok my next question which one do you think is the best kit out the tc6 xray top or serpant
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok my next question which one do you think is the best kit out the tc6 xray top or serpant
They are all capabable with the right driver and setup. The answers will likely be biased as this is a TC6 thread. Your question needs to be more specific.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olly986
Yep. it is know to happen, just contact AE for a replacement, they should do this quickly.
Ah crap!. I'll just go buy a new one and call once it's all up and running. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight, all get back with more newb questions later on
Old 11-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I had a couple of shafts bind as well. The coupler split when I threaded the set screw in the first time, caused it to bind badly, even when I took the set screw back out. Ended up replacing the coupler.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How far away is everyones drive belt to their battery. I feel like mines going to rub. There is mayybe a .5 mm gap. Is this normal? I feel like somethings not right. The battery brace lines up almost perfectly with the belt. My battery is 46.5 mm wide which is pretty average comparing size of many hardshell 2s lipo. Still waiting on screws that were missing in my kit...

Last edited by zi032; 11-17-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.