Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vspec Tuning Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Vspec Tuning Problem

I recently purchased a brand new vspec..run perfectly after break-in process...changed the glow plug on second gallon and still fine, on third tank, it started to act weird, it stalled after high speed runs and hard to idle unless keep the throttle slightly pressed, I lean the HSN it went ok but the temp reached 221F, then I richen it just a little and it bogs, couldn't make high speed pass till it stalled, how come only small increments of needle turn could act like a 1/4 turn?

Please Help
Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sounds like an air leak...Vspecs have been known to have them. Start the engine and spray windex on it as its running..look for bubbles at the front bearing, the rear backplate, the carb base, the HSN and the carb boot
Old 04-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Sounds like an air leak...Vspecs have been known to have them. Start the engine and spray windex on it as its running..look for bubbles at the front bearing, the rear backplate, the carb base, the HSN and the carb boot
Oh no, I hate air leaks! It's hard to find!...how about fuel tank or fuel line? btw what is windex?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...G46-twefy4ztDw
Old 04-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by howtowakeakar
Oww thanks...
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Krawl
Oh no, I hate air leaks! It's hard to find!...how about fuel tank or fuel line? btw what is windex?
You can check the tank and lines also, wont hurt to check all possibilities
Old 04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

You can check the tank and lines also, wont hurt to check all possibilities
Ok thanks...I guess I have no luck in Nitro RC, bought a used werks B7 few months ago ended with broken crankshafts, and that engine was really hard to tune , this time I tried for a second chance with a new engine, still got problem ...is there any trouble free engines than broke after reasonable amount of time?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

you gotta have patience in nitro, but most high dollar engines should give you to much problem if your ambient temps are fairly consistent. Try a Novarossi +4..... youll be happy u did
Old 04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawl
Ok thanks...I guess I have no luck in Nitro RC, bought a used werks B7 few months ago ended with broken crankshafts, and that engine was really hard to tune , this time I tried for a second chance with a new engine, still got problem ...is there any trouble free engines than broke after reasonable amount of time?
All Engine will give you trouble you need to have patience to work on RC.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi_racer
you gotta have patience in nitro, but most high dollar engines should give you to much problem if your ambient temps are fairly consistent. Try a Novarossi +4..... youll be happy u did
Yeah I know..but sometimes this is beyond my patience limit...It's really hard to spend my workdays thinking about my engine problem hahaha..any links to Nova Plus 4? Their official website seems a bit confusing in categorizing the products...thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HulkNT1
All Engine will give you trouble you need to have patience to work on RC.
Yeah...I also into electric off-road, they're so much fun, but not as fun as Nitro..so it's a dilemma
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...dproduct=11963

Been meanibg to try one but I'm like that famous actor from china "Low Cash" right now.Word on the street is good on this motor.I normaly wouldnt rec a new motor for a little issue like you have with your v-spec but I had issues with mine & felt let down by its lifespan,seems hit of miss with that motor but when it worked it worked real good.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by butch man
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...dproduct=11963

Been meanibg to try one but I'm like that famous actor from china "Low Cash" right now.Word on the street is good on this motor.I normaly wouldnt rec a new motor for a little issue like you have with your v-spec but I had issues with mine & felt let down by its lifespan,seems hit of miss with that motor but when it worked it worked real good.
I'm with you butch. I bought my first and last V-spec last December. It's the best 3 gallon engine money can buy. The quality and craftsmanship is just way to subpar for me. There are too many awesome engines out there and some of them are half the price of V-spec. I'll never buy O.S. again
Old 04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

I'm with you butch. I bought my first and last V-spec last December. It's the best 3 gallon engine money can buy. The quality and craftsmanship is just way to subpar for me. There are too many awesome engines out there and some of them are half the price of V-spec. I'll never buy O.S. again
you'll have to forgive jazzy, if it's not an xray or if it's an OS, it sucks. he's a little close minded, and he still thinks the earth is flat.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have not personally run an O.S., but I get two opinions on their motors:

1) Awesome, last forever, gobs of power.

2) Crap, don't last 2 gallons, not worth their price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.