Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Nitro mt vs nitro rush >

Nitro mt vs nitro rush

Nitro mt vs nitro rush

Old 12-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Nitro mt vs nitro rush

Which of the two of these are better the 4WD MT or the 2WD rtr Rush? Can you run either of these two cars in snow?
Old 12-17-2002, 05:03 AM
Tech Rookie

aiight here we go...

they're different kinds of trucks. I have a decently modded Nitro MT (check my profile for my website). I would recommend the MT simply cause it's 4wd. it might not be as fast, cause it's 4wd, but it's well worth having the extra traction. I actually ran my MT in rwd, and, after driving it around in 4wd for like a year, the drop in traction was almost inhibiting...although, with my onroad tires I did appreciate the fact that I could do endless (if i wanted to) donuts. but anyway, the rush would be good if you want nice top-end speed with a simple, relatively cheap (a bit cheaper than the MT) truck. if you're willing to put out the extra cash, I would definitely go with the MT. it also depends on whether you're gonna be doing more on or off roading. if it's more off-roading, you're gonna want to go with the MT. with me, with those giant tires you'd see in my pics, I haven't been able to loose control (because of traction) while off-roading. with the rush, especially if you decide to get a more powerful engine, off-roading could get a bit tiresome. if you decide you're gonna want a good mix of on and off roading, sure you could get the rush, but the MT would also be a good option, cause all you need is like 8 bux for some stiff springs, lower the suspension settings, and you're set. that's what I do, but I have a set of on-road tires. also, you can get a 2-speed or a slipper clutch for the MT, whereas the rush is only available (and comes standard with) the slipper clutch.

hah, sorry for all my rambling on, but the bottom line is that the MT is better....in my opinion. if you want more info, in terms of features and hop-ups, about one of the two, ask away!

hoped this helped somewhat
Brian
Old 12-17-2002, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

You said the rush was faster, what are the average estimated speeds of the two stock?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

the rush goes about 33-34mph, while the MT goes about 32-33mph. these are estimates, however, and different people say different things.

these are the lowest and highest speeds i've heard:

MT: 28-35
Rush: 32-37

it all depends on how you break in the engine (sorta), the weather, needle settings, etc.

again, if you want more specific info about either, especially the MT, just holler

Brian
Old 03-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Honestly no r/c vehicle should be driven in snow there is a reciever that moisture can get into, metal parts that can rust, and other bad things that can happen so for snow driving go to toys r us and get one of their 35 dollar monster trucks, and have a blast in the snow