where did ROAR go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default where did ROAR go?

what happened to the ROAR forum?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:41 AM
R/C Tech Founder

ROAR asked that it be removed because a few users were being extremely counterproductive and problematic. I'm sad to see it go but I respect their decision.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default no more roar

That sucks. a couple people get personal and the rest of us lose out. that forum kept me up on what was going on at roar and about rule changes etc.
I wish the people that got the forum closed would have stayed on ttt where that kind of crap is not only allowed but encouraged. thanks a lot you bunch of crybabies. If roar needs fixed, which everybody thinks there is room for improvement, it will never get fixed by threats of boycotts and accusing people of "nazi tactics"or by getting ROAR threads closed.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sedanaddict
That sucks. a couple people get personal and the rest of us lose out. that forum kept me up on what was going on at roar and about rule changes etc.
I wish the people that got the forum closed would have stayed on ttt where that kind of crap is not only allowed but encouraged. thanks a lot you bunch of crybabies. If roar needs fixed, which everybody thinks there is room for improvement, it will never get fixed by threats of boycotts and accusing people of "nazi tactics"or by getting ROAR threads closed.
You are right. Some wanted to have productive conversation, and some wanted to resort to personal attacks. Some went way too far. It's very unfortunate.

Randy
Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

No one got pesonal, don't be fooled.

The deal was, a third party reported Dawn talking with him about matters that concerned rule changes and other ROAR members. Dawn voilated some privacy issues. She was called on it and they decide to close the forum instead of answering the call. It was nothing more than a few questions they choose not to answer, so they decided to circle the wagons and not address the issues by closing the forums.

Oh yeah Dawn also said she had threatening phone calls. that was a police issue and had nothing to do with RC tech.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Instead of getting threads closed it would be nice if people could air their problems out in emails or some other way.We all know Roar has things to work on,but continuing bashing and name calling is not going to fix Roar.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

The only guy calling names, was the owner of this site. Go figure.... That wasn't on the ROAR forums though.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Yes, and it was well deserved. You just won't leave well enough alone will you?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I will, you have no worries from me anymore.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Homer,
The ENTIRE R/C World would be better if you just went away. I hope your line "you have no worries from me anymore." means just that. It seems you really don't like ROAR, if this is the case, just leave it alone.
I read many of the threads on many forums and I can honestly say, YES, ROAR has made mistakes, then again so has the IRL, NASCAR and probably any other organized racing organization. All you do is make matters worse. YOU irritate a situation. In time everything WILL work out.

The way you have acted, do you really think ANYONE would want to vote for you as ROAR VP??? I would rather vote for ANYONE but you!

Best Regards,
Oliver
Old 08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Oliver thanks for the advice. Anyways if I were eligible, which I guess I'm not. A vote against me is a vote for ROAR, thats a good thing. I guess we will never know now. have a nice day man,
Old 08-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Homer,
I would bet you can't go 10 days with out making a post on ANY message board.
A vote for ROAR is much better than a vote for any over opinionated loud mouth.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Oliver I think you missed my point on that one. By voting against me at least you are voting. More votes is a good thing, right. Anyways man we all have opinions and I respect yours!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Legend

I have a dream that someday a few thousand Roar racer`s would actually vote & help decide how to build Roar into a better organization than the two hundred that have been voting as of late ....

If not, get used to the ammended rules & other deeds done behind your backs !!!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I have a dream that someday a few thousand Roar racer`s would actually vote & help decide how to build Roar into a better organization than the two hundred that have been voting as of late ....

If not, get used to the ammended rules & other deeds done behind your backs !!!
Impossible, the ballots go out late every year....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.