Search

2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Thank you!

That is the fairest way to do it.....I know I have gone early to many races before but have always run on a different configuration before official practice starts....

Garrett.....I think I get in there on Tues......I really dont know yet cuz Ralph hasnt sent me my itinerary yet...LOL

TEAM RICKS here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry
I won't have any unfair advantage over you......
Old 07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
thats what im sayin!!!

you guys might be hella mad at me and not want me to go cause im probly gonna get in your way in mod!!!

lol
better pad the hand rails before someone gets hurt...
Old 07-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so it look like a bit of rain on sat and sun but it be nice being cooler then around here for the last couple of days.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/event..._topnav_sports
Old 07-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Live RC will have full coverage of the event. We have been running the club results for 2 weeks now. Camera feed was in last night but the camera looked like crap should have the replacement today or tomorrow. Look for practice to be up during the week leading up to the event. Audio might be an issue but that should be sorted also this weekend.

Doug is also on the RMT so you should be starting to recognise his voice at some of the upcoming events around the country.

Barry, Ricks is about 20-30 min North FYI.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

http://www.amoney.org/Hotels%20in%20...%20Raceway.pdf

HOTEL LINK
Old 07-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Not much has changed.

I would say if you have not sent in your entry flyer - bring it with you at the track to enter. ($20.00 per class late entry fee will be applicable. The deadline was pushed ahead to 7/1/07 so there can't be any waiving of the fee)

The tire and motor handout supplies are limited .... so you might want to get to the track by Tuesday morning to enter if you haven't done so yet.

There are several people who have emailed me that they are thinking about going but have an issue or two they are waiting on. I have forwarded each of those emails to the track staff and they aware.

There are several people who, for some reason, didn't list their PT or three frequencies on the entry flyer.. .these people will need that information when checking in....(its required per ROAR rules) (2.4 ghz is fine for all three freqs) Also, some folks actually signed up using illegal frequencies... (check the rule book... pretty clear whats legal LOL). You will need another frequency at check in as well.

I hope the word gets out on this stuff. I'm going out of town for a few days and won't be able to forward info. (after the weekend) So, you'll have to contact the track yourself AND THE ROAR ADMINISTRATOR AT [email protected]

Good luck guys... and have a great time!
Dawn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
on road nats.pdf (38.0 KB, 383 views)
Old 07-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

For those watching last night you were able to see the live video and Audio on Liverc.com. Currently you have to have the upgraded membership but for Nats it will be open for all.

Final maintenance tonight and new layout in Tuesday and we are ready for some Nats racing.

As Dawn said we do have limited supplies of extra tires for late entries. So far there has been 3-5 people that are using the late entry.

Good luck to all.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I will be down to check out the action on the way to the beach on friday and on my way bock on sunday. see everyone there!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Difuser ....... you should double check on the Live RC free for all at the nationals. I'm pretty sure that ROAR only provides for the free audio and you have to have the Bonus Lap membership for the video. I know for a fact it was this way for the Carpet Nationals. Should be the same for the paved unless SIR has made other arangments.

Last edited by schurcr; 07-07-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Brandon almost always provides the video to all members on the last day of a big event....
Old 07-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maybell
Brandon almost always provides the video to all members on the last day of a big event....
With all due respect to Brandon, as he deserves it.. he cannot provide free video on last day due to the cost of bandwidth.

At the electric off road nationals, ROAR paid for the video. Actually, I did from my reimbursed expense funds from ROAR and at the off road fuel event recently, Proline paid for the video. Unfortunately, the response was so high, he had to put in place a 'que' system so everybody could have the highest quality of video.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybell ..... you are correct in that Brandon has in the past opened up video on the last day or the last half of the last day. I don't expect tht he'll be doing this much anymore. With the number of tracks and races jumping onto the Live RC bandwagon (a great thing) he is now using considerably more bandwidth than in the past. We all know that bandwidth ain't free or cheap. At the 1/8 off-road nats last weekend he had over 1500 on video the last day which was a record. This caused a whole slew of problems due to server overloading. I guess that's a good problem for him but non the less the more video the more bandwidth and the more expensive it is for him to keep the site going.

Live RC is a great thing but if you really want video you should pay your one time Bonus Lap membership and support a great buisness that helps to promote our hobby of rc racing. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BRANDON!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

schurcr- We have paid to have the video feed on Live RC. We felt it was good for the track for advertising and some of the sponsors have paid to have their banner ads also placed on the coverage. We also have listened and also complained about lack of coverage at events so we put our $$ were our mouth is......

I agree people should join the bonus lap to help support LiveRC. Hosting the bandwidth can't be cheap with as many people who tune into the events online nowadays.

Peter, hopefully we'll catch up, been awhile. I have a Soccer Tournament for Jacinda but will be there around the event when I can.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Difuser ..... we'll that is great to hear. I've heard many good things about SIR and it seems as it's just more good news with SIR purchasing the video feed for all to see. This should be a blast of a race, see you all in a few days.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Last update for the day... I got family stuff to get done...
Is it me or are no Losi drivers signed up at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.