ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Suspended

in response to the PM I received from RCBOB, I will restate, that I all I said was that those two user names sign on with the SAME IP. Leave speculation to your own thoughts..

With that said, hopefully the flaming of other facilities will stop, so we can continue talking about this killer race coming up later this year!! I will start stocking up on parts, I generally use the boards to steer my car..

Last edited by Jpilone; 03-07-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sorry

First and foremost I must set the record straight my name is Jim Hines I’m the author of the post in question. I can be reached at [email protected] if anybody has any issues.

Second, My deep apologies go to rcbob, as you might guess I and many other racers use the same two computers to post on many different web sites, which explains why a few of us have the same IP address.

Third, The reason I posted under eighthscale racer is to protect my son (a
eighth scale racer) who once before posted what some came to believe was a negative post, for that he received a few PM’s that I would say, were disturbing in nature.

Fourth, I will in no way make a apology for MY OPINION, in my humble opinion the 2005 ROAR Open Fuel Nationals, that my son and I attended, was simply a poorly run event. I will not go into the reasons, but if you check out different threads and other websites you will see why I and a few other racers came to that conclusion. Any organization or event that accepts a membership fee or entry fee should be open to complaints
I will though offer my apology for posting in the 2006 ROAR Nats. thread
and not starting a new thread.

Fifth, It’s seems only one person had a major problem with the post and kept
beating a dead horse. He should have started a new thread and not
prolong the negativity, that I’m sure the Cincinnati club does not appreciate.

This will end my comments, Again sorry Cincinnati, sorry rcbob

Jim
Old 03-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Suspended

Bravo for having the Cajones to say something!

Originally Posted by Jim Hines
First and foremost I must set the record straight my name is Jim Hines I’m the author of the post in question. I can be reached at [email protected] if anybody has any issues.

Second, My deep apologies go to rcbob, as you might guess I and many other racers use the same two computers to post on many different web sites, which explains why a few of us have the same IP address.

Third, The reason I posted under eighthscale racer is to protect my son (a
eighth scale racer) who once before posted what some came to believe was a negative post, for that he received a few PM’s that I would say, were disturbing in nature.

Fourth, I will in no way make a apology for MY OPINION, in my humble opinion the 2005 ROAR Open Fuel Nationals, that my son and I attended, was simply a poorly run event. I will not go into the reasons, but if you check out different threads and other websites you will see why I and a few other racers came to that conclusion. Any organization or event that accepts a membership fee or entry fee should be open to complaints
I will though offer my apology for posting in the 2006 ROAR Nats. thread
and not starting a new thread.

Fifth, It’s seems only one person had a major problem with the post and kept
beating a dead horse. He should have started a new thread and not
prolong the negativity, that I’m sure the Cincinnati club does not appreciate.

This will end my comments, Again sorry Cincinnati, sorry rcbob

Jim
Old 03-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default too close

Rookie. You're dancin' a fine line buddy.... a fine line...

It's amazing what a woman can do to an RC car with a hammer when she's bugged a little! LOL

Eli. Get your pencil sharpened.

raye
Old 03-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jarrod, what kind of car and class will you be running in Cincy? This is one track that you definately need to good motor to run fast on. And of course a good pair of glasses.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'll have to agree with Ted you do need a "screamin' monkey" for Cincy. I'm pretty sure Fossil still likes the "Screamin' Donkey".

Last edited by Kropy; 03-04-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Suspended

I'll be running my 960.. powerplant unkown, maybe one of them Mega MF motors when they come out..

If anyone wants to see in-car footage from kissimmee, we just did this today with a small camera I have:

http://www.jpsportspics.com/videos/incar1.avi

http://www.jpsportspics.com/videos/incar2.avi

both around 25mb each, right click and select "save target as"

you may need a "Xvid" plugin for windows media player. Realplayer plays it no problem!

Originally Posted by Thammer
Jarrod, what kind of car and class will you be running in Cincy? This is one track that you definately need to good motor to run fast on. And of course a good pair of glasses.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Jarrod for showing us those vids. The second one was more interesting than the first because it was chasing another. I wonder what it would take to get as smoother shot of the action. Do you have a photo of the camera setup on it?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rangulo
Can you guys get some trophy girls like these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how happy Harry looks!!!!
It appears that some folks in cincinnati have already started the painful and arduous journey:
http://www.tsrcar.com/forums/showthr...3&page=2&pp=10
Old 03-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would have to agree with Kropy, in both reguards. Also if you are afraid of heights, you may not like the drivers stand. I think it is very cool, I realy like the the facility and I think they run a good show! Too bad I don't run 1/8.....
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Suspended

i don't have a photo of the cam mounting setup.

however, I can tell you that the "backbone" support for the cam was lexan and kinda springy. i'm going to fab up something at home to bring back to the track in a month to try, maybe a popsicle stick or an old CF shock tower.. that should do the trick!

Originally Posted by tomkelley
Thanks Jarrod for showing us those vids. The second one was more interesting than the first because it was chasing another. I wonder what it would take to get as smoother shot of the action. Do you have a photo of the camera setup on it?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Jpilone: I didn't get to see you do that vid at the track, but a few years ago, when I was driving the #20 car for the Coke Commercial, I seen a setup for a camera on a car that gave a very smooth picture without all the bounce. It was Jay Haulsey that was drving the camera car behind us, and he does it for Hollywood on a regular basis.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Please,Please,Please use the Toledo mix!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

I am pretty sure we will run the same stuff that we had at the mid-west series race last year. if it isn't brought up at the club meeting tomorrow night, i will do it.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sedanaddict, that's not on the agenda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.