Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter.
I want to buy a 200mm nitro car which is the best choice

Capricorn lab02 serpent 748 natrix mugen seiki mtx6 or xray NT1 2014
Depends on what you local hobby shop carries. Just so you have parts available
Old 08-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've just finished building the new Serpent Natrix 748 and all I can say is that the kit is the best quality kit I've ever built. I've already driven a buddies car and it is very easy to drive and quicker than my outgoing 747 which was also a fantastic car as well. I had the Mugen MTX-4 and MTX-5 briefly and I wasn't personally impressed with it to be honest.

All this however depends what you can get support for locally. It is a PITA if you break something you don't have at the track and you can't get a spare locally and having to mail order everything!

The Xray is very expensive (certainly locally) and most people who I've seen run it needed to buy this hop up and this upgrade in order to make the car quick. The Serpent falls out the box quick and you don't need anything extra really apart from the usual shock springs and things to setup the car to your specific track conditions.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Depends on what you local hobby shop carries. Just so you have parts available
Agree
Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Parts supplies first; I would pick either serpent or mugen.
Price wise, serpent is more economic
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

xray and rc America for support and parts
Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

I would check around with the LHS and find out what they carry the most of and go from there. I drive a Mugen and I love the cars that the company produces. That being said its all up to you and the choice you make. Do your research before you buy!
Good Luck....
Old 08-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The old what your local shop sells is nonsense. 95% of parts purchased are done online. And if a shop doesn't sell certain cars your stuck buying whatever they sell. Top 2 choices are Serpent 748 and a Xray NT-1. The Capricorn is a great choice too but if your not very experienced not the right choice as the build isn't as easy as the first 2 choices.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I recently bought serpent 748 and a friend bought the new mugen mtx6 I think. Both are great cars imo.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
The old what your local shop sells is nonsense. 95% of parts purchased are done online. And if a shop doesn't sell certain cars your stuck buying whatever they sell. Top 2 choices are Serpent 748 and a Xray NT-1. The Capricorn is a great choice too but if your not very experienced not the right choice as the build isn't as easy as the first 2 choices.
What if you break something and you cant wait to have it shipped to you? Then what are you just going to not race that weekend? That doesn't make any sense....
Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Indeed. Trackside spares support is an important service that I look for when chosing a brand. I don't like having a truck load of spares and try to keep the minimum like wishbones, gears etc but Sod's law states that your bound to break something you don't have at the race and without trackside spares it'll be an early bath for you!!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I too believe in support of your local hobby shops but lets be real as a racer your LHS can't stock the most high performance equipment because of over head so it make sense to cater to the mass like rtr, bashers and just starting or one manufacturer which may or may not be what you want all the top kit are great cars research and get what you like and can afford Mugen, Serpent, Xray, Capricon you can't go wrong, also all racers carry spare parts it part of racing take your time everybody thinks the one they drive is the best so do I why because we're racers
Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just get a NTC3 and call it a day...lol...
Old 08-21-2014, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Capricorn, Mugen and Xray are all around the same quality. They all have their pro's and con's.

The Xray is a high quality car which is easy to work on and is easy to drive. However I think at the highest level the car isn't fast enough anymore. At last weeks Euros they weren't competitive and struggling all week.

The new Mugen looks very well designed and Mugen always has been known for their high quality cars.
Pietsch's Mugen looked awesome all week during the Euro's, it looked really easy to drive. In the last 2 minutes he broke the rear diff (plastic proto gears) which slowed him down a lot, otherwise he would have won it with a several lap advantage.

The Capricorn is a very high quality kit purely aimed at winning races. It's the lightest, highest spec car you can buy. Everyone who drives it is immediately faster compared to their old car.
Plus support is really good in the Netherlands, setups for all tracks are available.

All three cars have good parts support in the Netherlands.

I wouldn't suggest the new 748. I worked on one all week during the Euro's to support a 11 year old talent. The car has some major flaws and lacks overall quality if you ask me.
It needs various upgrades to be competitive, bringing the cost up to the same level as the kits listed above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.