Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Can I ask why you ruled out the new KO eurus? That's where I am looking atm
thats a good question I have not even looked at it yet
Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

most of it is feel really, my son cant stand the other radios because of the way they feel to him..his M11 has been with us for 2 maybe 3 years and has been solid. i tried to get him to look into the 4PK but he did not like the way it felt.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

M11 has my vote. I race with the older model with a spek module and has been absolutely flawless. If I had to buy again I would stay with the M11x. I run a ballistic lipo setup to help on weight and can race alot of races before recharge and has built in failsafe shutdown in the lipo to protect from over discharge.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

The m11x features the fhss3 technology which is supposed to be the fastest 2.4 system on the market. The biggest deciding factor for me was no "issues" with there system. The radio operates on 7.4 volts so if equipped with a lipo which I also run, 9 plus hours of runtime between charging is possible. The radio is more balanced and lighter than the older m11. Airtronics is also including an additional receiver with the purchase of the m11x, good deal .
Old 12-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default transmitter

I have been running the futaba fasst sys. for a couple yrs. now. I like the functions of the transmitter and feel it is a great radio. But when in the heat of the summer the rx has failed every time. I have tried drilling holes in the rx box. If I run lipo with reg. on a 90 deg. day it fails within a 15 min. run time. If I am running a mh battery like the ballistic 2700 mah it is hit & miss. I have been looking at the m11x myself and have not seen one bad opinion. Well a few guys complained about the weight( pansy a$$es)
Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugenmonster
thats a good question I have not even looked at it yet
fasst shut down in heat, ask rod. he sent his chit in got charged for whats been a problem since day one, got it back and it still does it. team drivers were sent a memo to keep their mouths shut.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

I had an M11 for quite a while and purchased a 4PK about 6 months ago. I was getting "glitched" with my M11 constantly. I haven't had one single problem with the 4PK and it is very comfortable and light. It is one of the best RC purchases I have made.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
6 Hours.....how many Mah...5000
well maybe a little exaggeration on my part
Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
well maybe a little exaggeration on my part

a little..........
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I was you I would go with the 3pk it is a great radio and it feels nice in your I was up in the air about which one to buy as well and I love my choice I have not had a problem with them over heating. With this radio or the 3pm I use to have I thank they are great radios. You cant go wrong with ether one good luck.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

My experience:

(+)

- Been using Futaba for more than 10 years before the switch;
- Good feel, super response on throttle and steering, great design on the throttle and brake adjustment, very light

(-)

- serious overheat issues till now. There may have a small % who don't. Ratio 9 to 1
- Futaba never rectify the issue and the system is not stable or safe to use especially in summer or countries with hot and humid weather all year round. Futaba users can be seen drilling lot of holes in the receiver box to overcome the heating but not long term;

I wonder why Hara never had holes in his radio box whilst drivers need to do that ?

I would advise to go for M11, tx is a lot heavier but not a lot but it is very consistent and safe to use under any situation.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 M11x !

Trust me I had both and I would never go back!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:39 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hengfook
My experience:

(+)

- Good feel, super response on throttle and steering, great design on the throttle and brake adjustment, very light

(-)

- serious overheat issues till now. There may have a small % who don't. Ratio 9 to 1
- Futaba never rectify the issue and the system is not stable or safe to use especially in summer or countries with hot and humid weather all year round. Futaba users can be seen drilling lot of holes in the receiver box to overcome the heating but not long term;

I wonder why Hara never had holes in his radio box whilst drivers need to do that ?

I would advise to go for M11, tx is a lot heavier but not a lot but it is very consistent and safe to use under any situation.

YOU are the EXACT point as me!!!!!!!!
I think that the 4pk use a diferent receiver and that is why it dosent overheat, I also think Hara Chassis is milled on the receiver part.

Have fun and well said.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hengfook
My experience:

(+)

(-)

You are 100% full of crap. I live in vegas, where is 110 when we race during the summer. I run straight lipo, no reg, and have never had an issue. I have drilled no holes either. The only issue i had was when i ran with a regulator, that would overheat and not send power to the rx.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

the heat issue is not crap by any means, i have had the issue myself thats why i got rid of the 3pk. as far as the other stuff he mentioned i dont know.

i did however just purchase the 4pk, i like the feel of it and have not seen anyone have a problem with it yet. i cant give a comparison to the m11x as i have not had one. but i will tell you this, you will find people that have had problems with either one, just the nature of the beast. i think you have narrowed it down to two extremely good choices and cant go wrong with either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.