Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The death of my RC8. And rebirth???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Marooko!That chassis look fine to me!I have a friend has a run away all the time !Last year he had a same demage on his rc8 .His chassis was ok too as yours because the gear box and the bottom screws took over all the stress from the impact (the screws only stretched out from the box).I think u good to go but if some reason u see some bent ,a good hammer and a flat solid wood surface always help...dont tap it on concrete or steel because u can dent or demage the surface of the chassis on the top and its not gonna seal the gear box anymore.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Just purchased a roller today, should be here next week. I think this time I'll take more pictures of my work, just in case this happens again. Hope the motor is ok.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Wedding planning has been getting intense, as we're under two months out. I got the roller but haven't been able to do anything. It's set up for dirt oval, I think I'm just gonna install my motor, servos and go. I'm not racing it, just wanna run it. I got a new bottle of fuel that's been sitting since I crashed the dang thing. hahaha. After this bottle of fuel and the wedding, i plan on making it electric. then I'll come back and say goodbye, as it won't belong here anymore.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

So I turned around and sold the roller I got for what I paid and decided I would put my chassis in a vice. HA! Got it assembled, went to the hobby shop to tune and blew out the steering servo. Or, maybe I just found out that it was blown out from the crash. Fun times. So I put my Savox servo in it from my Slash 4x4. Go back to the shop today to finish tuning, and BAM!! One-way bearing, or the shaft it toast.

I've decided I had my fill. I ordered this:

Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

That's a nice chassis there. I've looked at it before. I have an RC8 in pieces right now. I am going to be building an 8ight kit when it comes out in March. I wouldn't mind taking the RC8 and throwing it on top of that for an E Buggy.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

My intention is to have it as a basher, but that's a pretty sweet looking chassis. I may just run it on the track for a while. I won't race it though, no novice 8th scale class here. lol.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

And so begins work on the conversion.

Sadly, there's no word on my chassis yet. If it doesn't come in soon, I think I'm just getting rid of this. My patience has worn thin.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Now the fun begins.