Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 RS vs. XXX-SCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SC10 RS vs. XXX-SCT

Hey everyone, so I know the SC10 vs. XXX-SCT has been discussed ad nauseum, but with the advent of the SC10 Race Spec model, I can't find much comparison. What I do find is SC10 FT vs. XXX-SCT discussion.

So, here's the deal. I'm from the old school...late 80's racing and I was an AE fanboy. But, Losi and AE were the big guys and I still have the most respect for them. Well, as I said I just got back into the hobby and bought a solid basher to get re-accustomed to driving an RC car (Rustler). I'm happy with my decision, but an amazing outdoor course is opening on Long Island, NY; Gilligan's Raceway, so I want to start racing again. The last time I raced was with a TQ10 (RC10 graphite) in 89/90.

Now, money is a huge limitation, so the FT SC10 is simply not an option. I just cant afford to buy all the other parts, even though I'd love to build the kit and really learn about my car inside and out. So, that narrows it down to the SC10 RS or XXX-SCT. Forget about Kyosho or HPI; Losi and AE are my final choices. So my question, which should I go for? SC10 is already brushless, XXX I would have to upgrade which would probably make the XXX more expensive than the SC10 RS in the long run. I don't care about winning...yet. I just want to race and learn. LiPo isn't a concern for me yet. I want to learn how to race brushless and get good.

I've heard SC10 turns better but XXX has better rear traction. So, now I defer to you, oh wise ones, to help me on my path to short course awesomeness.

What to do???

Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Go with an HPI Blitz ESE
Old 08-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by notch johnson
Go with an HPI Blitz ESE
Thanks for the feedback, but I already said I've narrowed my search to SC10 RS or XXX-SCT. I don't want HPI (but it is sweet!). On top of that the ESE is a kit, and I just can't afford to purchase everything else. I need an RTR for budgetary reasons, and the SC10 RS is already brushless, which is the system I want (brushless, not necessarily the SC10 RS).

Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

well mate i just brought a sc10 rs and i must say it better then the xxxsct i had both and the rs run rings around it
Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gamehendge
Thanks for the feedback, but I already said I've narrowed my search to SC10 RS or XXX-SCT. I don't want HPI (but it is sweet!). On top of that the ESE is a kit, and I just can't afford to purchase everything else. I need an RTR for budgetary reasons, and the SC10 RS is already brushless, which is the system I want (brushless, not necessarily the SC10 RS).

Thanks,
Adam
Blitz ese is the best 2wd sc hands down.
But for the rtr I would go with the LOSI xxx since you narrowed it down between those too
Old 08-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zenbonzakura
well mate i just brought a sc10 rs and i must say it better then the xxxsct i had both and the rs run rings around it
Great to know! How is the rear traction? Does it fishtail, or is it much improved? How do you like the hex-drive wheels?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KING_PALM
Blitz ese is the best 2wd sc hands down.
But for the rtr I would go with the LOSI xxx since you narrowed it down between those too
Thanks KING_PALM, I admit the ESE appears beautiful. That being said, everyone seems to be split between HPI/AE/LOSI. May I ask why you recommend Losi over AE? Remember, I respect your opinion about the ESE, but I just can't afford a kit. One day I'll have an HPI, Losi and AE. THEN I'll be reallllllly happy.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with either truck. I think in the long run the losi might be more expensive...they have a sc upgrade kit for $129 on top of the price off the kit. The rs at least comes with threaded shocks.

I would suggest looking at used losi or ae sc trucks if price is an issue. And in the prior post I think notch was playing with you.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gamehendge
Thanks KING_PALM, I admit the ESE appears beautiful. That being said, everyone seems to be split between HPI/AE/LOSI. May I ask why you recommend Losi over AE? Remember, I respect your opinion about the ESE, but I just can't afford a kit. One day I'll have an HPI, Losi and AE. THEN I'll be reallllllly happy.
Like stated before you can get the tlr kit for the truck and it will be just as nice as the ae ft.

In the end it all comes down to parts support.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I'm not going to say one is better then the other overall, it makes no sense when others do because its in all honesty personal preference....... Now yes some some may built better as far as durability, handling, etc.... But any rc til this day is going to take some modding and hopups to make it even better, and when its all said and done its the driver not the vehicle that wins the race.....

Good thing to do is research both rc's as much as you can, if there are any other tracks open currently near you go there and hopefully there will be a few owners with either rc and they can express their opinions on pros and cons...... Since money is a factor go with what you can afford, this hobby is not cheap (which you prob. already know) and especially if you are going to race...... So try and factor in the cost of both sct's, along with what its going to take to race as well such as: batteries, charger, tires/wheels (since every track is different its rare to keep the stock tires) , spare parts, etc etc.........
Old 08-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KING_PALM
Like stated before you can get the tlr kit for the truck and it will be just as nice as the ae ft.

In the end it all comes down to parts support.
Ah, I see what you did there

I mine as well just move up to 1:8 scale. Much more affordable.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLbound
You can't go wrong with either truck. I think in the long run the losi might be more expensive...they have a sc upgrade kit for $129 on top of the price off the kit. The rs at least comes with threaded shocks.

I would suggest looking at used losi or ae sc trucks if price is an issue. And in the prior post I think notch was playing with you.
Money is an issue, so that makes me lean towards AE. Thanks.

And thanks for pointing out notch's sarcasm. I'm very sarcastic, but it can often go right over my head when I'm on the receiving end. I was wondering why he said that. Now it makes sense.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was out of RC for 18 years.I purchased a SC10 a year ago because at the time it was the best option and I was a die hard AE guy(Gold TUB RC10 from 87) .Then the Losi XXX SCT came out,my SC10 was tired and worn out so I got one.Wow what a difference.The Losi was easier to drive and set up.Ive converted alot of guys that had a SC10 to the Losi and they are having a easier time driving than the SC10.They are both good options.Which is up to you.Check out which truck is more popular at the track you want to run at.Go with which is more popular.Makes it easier if you have a breakage as somone may have the part.I see it too many times somone shows up with a not common truck,breaks it in practice and cant race because noone has the parts to fix it.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zenbonzakura
uhhmmm...no.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sgt Craig
I was out of RC for 18 years.I purchased a SC10 a year ago because at the time it was the best option and I was a die hard AE guy(Gold TUB RC10 from 87) .Then the Losi XXX SCT came out,my SC10 was tired and worn out so I got one.Wow what a difference.The Losi was easier to drive and set up.Ive converted alot of guys that had a SC10 to the Losi and they are having a easier time driving than the SC10.They are both good options.Which is up to you.Check out which truck is more popular at the track you want to run at.Go with which is more popular.Makes it easier if you have a breakage as somone may have the part.I see it too many times somone shows up with a not common truck,breaks it in practice and cant race because noone has the parts to fix it.
Great feedback and advice Sgt Craig. But, do you have any experience with the SC10 RS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.