Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Itīs the same in Europe. EFRAīs body list have been the joke of the year, and more or less all countries have there own list based on Touring cars, and not "raced touring cars" as the real manufactories donīt race very much anymore, so our list looks like "classic racing". More like someones wet dream than whatīs good for the RC comunity...
The Skoda, the Stratus 2,0 habe never raced in "Real". And according to the rules, it sais it have to be....
But they are legal, in the hands of Losi and Ride. Not Protoform.
Have not yet have the power to go thrue all the Yokomo bodies...
For sure, EFRA, IFMAR, Roar and JMRCA need to establish rules that works everywhere as a lot of drivers today travel around the world, and in the end, we all use the same parts.
Politics. I hate politics.
Good point... and don`t get me started on the JMRCA subject

-Dave
Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Everybody calm down. There are a least a dozen people from Protoform, Yokomo, Hot Bodies, Tamiya, Frewer and other body manufacturers bombarding IFMAR with calls, letters and emails to sort this out.

Stay tuned for developments....
Old 09-08-2004, 07:51 AM
The Evicerator

Wow.... wowowowow!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think that the bodies that cover the racing around the world need to get together and produce a list of bodyshells so that when a big meeting is held the drivers and organisers know what can be used.

In the UK the BRCA 1/12th section follows the following when a new bodyshell is released if it is submitted to the committee for approvall and is considered a realistic representation of the car it is designed on it is added to our 1/12th list of bodyshells.

this may not be the best way and you cannot satisfy all with this approach but we have a list at the start of each season and all driver know what they can use.

just my thoughts.

Alan
Old 09-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

6.7.1 Bodyshells must be a scale replica of the original car used in the relevant FIA or National class. The original car must be a four-door type. Replicas of two-door original cars are not allowed.

Call me crazy, but isn't the WRC a "relevant FIA" class?

Old 09-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Greg

You are not crazy the skoda as far as i know has never been a touring car even in the uk i think.

Personally i think they have made a huge blunder with the lists especially with the TC list.

Alan
Old 09-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

a key point is that the first step of the IFMAR body approval process is for the company to submit the approval form to IFMAR.

There is a possibility that some of our favorite companies never quite got around to doing such...
Old 09-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Now here's the really strange thing...for the Nitro TC Worlds the Mazda 6 is on the approved list. Don't they go by the same set of "qualification rules"?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

there is a different approval form required by the manufacturers for each class. Thus, I tend to think the reason the Mazda6 isn't approved for electric touring (but is for nitro touring) is that no one submitted the approval request.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
The Evicerator

There's no rhyme or reason: You can't rationalize the irrational
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is the Skoda Superb ETCC that I believe the Losi Skoda is supposed to replicate.

This car was shown in 2003 and was intended for the European Touring Car Championship but it never raced and I believe it was never even homologated as it was pretty much a private team...

Old 09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

deleted-all ready covered
Old 09-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

I dont have the pics but the skoda is raced in spain tcc.!
Old 09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kentech
This is the Skoda Superb ETCC that I believe the Losi Skoda is supposed to replicate.

This car was shown in 2003 and was intended for the European Touring Car Championship but it never raced and I believe it was never even homologated as it was pretty much a private team...

True. They only put a mock-up in the pits to show what was going on, but the car never run, This was the "evidence" for EFRA earlier this year, until some people find the press release from the team saying they planned to race the year after, but never did.
The million dollar question is why Losi not make a Seat instead. Booth cars from the same platform, and with most dimentions the same. Only difference is that the Seat was and still is racing...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 51
Now here's the really strange thing...for the Nitro TC Worlds the Mazda 6 is on the approved list. Don't they go by the same set of "qualification rules"?
Brent; No theres no logic anywhere what so ever. The EFRA list in 1/10 electric is totally different to the 1/10 Nitro, so why should this be different?
The main problem is two: First, The idea with homogolisation was to copy "real Touring car racing". This was a fine idea, as long as the maufactories was racing. But in Europe, very few are racing so whatīs avalible as a RC body is not the same as the ones that are racing. Stratus 2,0, Mazda 6 as an example, would be OK to homoglisate in "real" ifthe manufactories wanted it, so in principle, thay do qualifi. Worth to mention is that in BTCC ( England ) they allowed two door Astras because otherwise Wauxhall ( Opel ) was not interested. So it seems to be more easy to get the wrong cars in real racing than in RC...
What we should do, is to see whatīs best for our hobby.
For a long time, the Stratus 1 was / is legal, but that car as many others, are out of production, so in reality, ewe are racing some kind of "classic cars"...
Perhaps a sign of our representatives in the different organisations, EFRA; Ifmar etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.