Wiki Posts
Search

Electric D8T

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Electric D8T

i was wondering if anybody will be making an electric converion for the D8T, i have too many nitro trucks, want another electric conversion
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelie boy
i was wondering if anybody will be making an electric converion for the D8T, i have too many nitro trucks, want another electric conversion
I am sure Tekno will make one since they already make one for the D8.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check with RC Monster as well. They're good quality mounts that allow you to retain the mechanical brakes if you want.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

ill wait for tekno to make one i am not a big fan of rc monster because i know mike's backround, but i wont say anything to hurt his rep out of respect
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ill wait for tekno to make one i am not a big fan of rc monster because i know mike's backround, but i wont say anything to hurt his rep out of respect
You won't hurt his rep at all. Even before I had my conversion, I read a lot of things Mike did and I consider him one if not the founding father of electric conversions.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

RCM is the best place for conversions. I back them 100% and you obviousally don't know Mike that well.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Agreed.
I've only bought a thing or two of Mike's stuff, off fleabay, and craigslist, and they seem to be of nothing but good quality.

I want to back Mike up 100% as well..

Share your story, perhaps it was a mistake.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

i respect what he does and all of the stuff he sells, it is all great, but what he did to get where he is today is what makes me lose respect for him. he has done great things for this hobby, but he didnt get where he is the right way imo, but i wont say anymore, because my issue with him is personal, he makes great things, so dont think his products are bad.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lutach
You won't hurt his rep at all. Even before I had my conversion, I read a lot of things Mike did and I consider him one if not the founding father of electric conversions.
from what i have learned through my years in he is more like a "founding son" of electric conversions. he took one persons knowledge and improved it by alot, but didnt credit who he gained his knowledge from
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

from what i have learned through my years in he is more like a "founding son" of electric conversions. he took one persons knowledge and improved it by alot, but didnt credit who he gained his knowledge from
Please, tell me more. I am curious to know where I "gained my knowledge" without extending credit - I always give credit where credit is due (you will see names mentioned in some of my product listings to verify this statement). I am quite curious where you have "learned" this information, as I suspect the story may be skewed a bit, and I truly am curious how i have earned this loss of respect from you?.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Mike??? What did you do?

In all seriousness...you got to be kidding me? Mike not crediting anyone for ideas? Mike is one heck of a guy that never disappoints his customers. I have been one before the conversions were even out. Look at his forums you will find not one disappointed member. Yes shipping mistakes were made but Mike made sure it was corrected ASAP. He is ONE man and not towerhobbies.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Srry guyz mi bro got to my acct, he thought it was his 1. He said that he heard from chris fine that you used to work from him and that you stole a lot of knowledge from him. I don't understand what was saying b/c rcm has great customer support and much more reliability. I am getting a D8T aswell and I want to know if u will be making a conv. for it. I will try to convince michael that rcm is a great company. Mike I havnt had a single problem w/ any of ur products also how do I remove the auto login

Thanx and srry if I caused any problem for u mike
Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Srry guyz mi bro got to my acct, he thought it was his 1. He said that he heard from chris fine that you used to work from him and that you stole a lot of knowledge from him. I don't understand what was saying b/c rcm has great customer support and much more reliability. I am getting a D8T aswell and I want to know if u will be making a conv. for it. I will try to convince michael that rcm is a great company. Mike I havnt had a single problem w/ any of ur products also how do I remove the auto login

Wow...Chris fine is a tool, and I highly doubt Mike has learned anything from him except what NOT to do. Chris's conversions are ridiculous, over priced, and just plain junk. When they review his stuff in the RC magazines it makes the whole BL community look bad...
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

No worries - and I don't think you or your brother caused me any problems - I just thought it might be nice to know what I could have possibly done to create the feelings expressed.
"what he did to get where he is today is what makes me lose respect for him" - this is where I am confused. All I have done is share my knowledge and experience, and use it to develop products that interest me, and clearly interest others in the hobby. I haven't stolen any secret code.

I did used to work for Chris Fine years ago - I fixed his nitro cars in his hobby shop(actually, I took them home and fixed them). I also PROVIDED Chris with brushless car/truck setup information, gearing information and I introduced Chris to Lehner motors and BK Electronics. The fact is, the 1st brushless car Chris Fine ever saw was my Emaxx. If you catch him in a weak moment, he may admit it, but I wouldn't count on that happening - it is the absolute truth, though. Yes, I fixed cars for him, and we had many conversations regarding brushless cars and trucks, but as I suspected, the story got skewed along the way some how(no doubt Chris told his side and nobody asked me my side). Nothing was stolen from Chris at any point in time(not by me anyways) - we both shared information - and i continue to share brushless information on a daily basis - just not with Chris.
Even through my 1st year or so in business, I continued to share knowledge and experience with Chris - I told him what combos to sell and what gearing to use with the combos (not the other way around as your brother may think) -this is just the kind of person I am, and anyone that actually knows me can surely attest to this fact. Chris and I had a "falling out" when he tried to sever my contacts and suppliers(same suppliers I had introduced him to years prior in fact!) - rather than focusing on his own business, he instead tried to bring down mine. It obviously didn't work, as I am still in business 5 years later. It sounds like he is still trying.
I didn't build my name by defacing him or anyone else - be sure about this. What's more, I can't think of any product that I offer that is anything like Chris Fine's products - I do things totally differently than they do, and the knowledge I have gained over the years has been from experience (my own and thousands of others who are customers, friends or otherwise). No stolen secret code. Nothing sheisty. Just plain hard work, determination and love of the hobby.

And we have had a D8 motor mount for a month or so - it will probably work with the truggy along with the buggy.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think that finedesign is bad, I just prefer rcm and would pick them anyday I have more trust in rcm because they actually get back to me when I email them or leave a message, finedesign has only responded to some of my questions they never respond to email and they usually let their answering machine get full so u cantleave a message they rarely pick the phone up and they go through their messages once a month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.