what turn

Old 08-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

when you guys say the 5800 will go fast if you gear it tall what do you mean and how do i do that?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=167200 this forum thread makes the novak systems seem not to reliable?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kh15
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=167200 this forum thread makes the novak systems seem not to reliable?
Just read through that entire thread. Man, that's the first I've heard of all the problems people have had w/ the Novak BL systems. I had no idea. It does sound like the problems are being addressed, but then it sounds like they were "addressed" in the past too. You might want to hold off for a few months and see if the newer systems are indeed more reliable. Just keep surfing the BL forums to stay up to date.

Even though there have been problems with the BL systems, I have no doubt that Novak will eventually fix all of them. IMO, they are an excellent company that turns out high quality products. The problems with their BL systems are definitely not common across their product line.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

yea i will wait a couple months like i WAS a nitro guy intill i got fed up with it some i totally new to this whole electric thing so i'm not jumping into all the nice equiptment just yet
Old 09-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

get a hacker 6turn motor with either a hacker master competion or shultz speed control. go like an 8turn without the maintenance, downside is the iniyial cost but you will save money in the long run which some people dont seem to see.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

i'm pretty close to getting the ss5800 system but i have only a few more questions
i heard if you crash going full speed you can easly blow a fet?
something is always bund to go wrong with this system and it will have to be sent back?
temp range, will the esc really shut off and save you?
thats it!, this is just a really big investment for my rc car and i want to make sure i'm getting quallity!!! i have heard alot of great things about this system but on the other hand i have heard some horror stories
Old 09-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

blow at fet at high speed if you are unlucky, but i have never heard of this happening.

the speedy will shut off if it gets too hot.

If something goes wrong that is within warranty im sure novak or the shop you buy it from will be able to help you out.