Wiki Posts
Search

RC Racing According to Torah

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking RC Racing According to Torah

Shalom: My name is Yohanan Hayyim. I am a Hassidic Jew, and a big fan of the rc sport, especially 1/10th electric TC. I have been running for about 2 yrs now, and have met wonderfull people along the way who have been most kind and helpful. I have been allowed to open this thread/forum with the great help of Rev. Richard(CMotif), and Futureal, rctech owner...thanks a million to you gentlemen for giving us this opportunity. The forum is meant as a link between Jews to share our experiences and involvement in RC, as well as advice and tips on how to deal rc racing according to Torah, and share info on hospitality, kosher restaurants, stores, teachings, links, etc, and other coorresponding info concerning living as Jews and how it relates to the world of RC and how to practice our faith in the world of RC.

Non-Jews are welcome and encouraged to learn with us. We all must be kind and respectful towards another, and no insults or demeaning comments are to be made...let's keep it clean and prefessional, please.

Shalom

Yohanan Hayyim
Old 04-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats! Glad to see that you are up and running.

Ecclesiastes 9:11
I returned and saw under the sun that—
The race is not to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor bread to the wise,
Nor riches to men of understanding,
Nor favor to men of skill;
But time and chance happen to them all.

There is racing in Hebrew Scripture.

Looking forward to learning from you on areas of mutual interest.

C
Old 04-27-2007, 06:33 PM
DKB
Tech Adept

Hi crew I pray that God blesses you all

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Jews are Gods evidence that he is real.
Iam a Brennan(last name) of the old Irish line, our name was one of two believed to have hertage links to the 12 tribes of Israil (I found the artical two years ago in the Jerusalem Post while at a prayer for Israil meeting.)

May God bless you all
Old 04-28-2007, 06:42 PM

What vehicles are you guys running?

TCs that I have had: Hobby-Tec HT1, Traxxas 4-Tec, Several Losi Street Weapons, RC Lab 7 Even 6 Pro II, , Losi XXXS, Several Yokomo MR4TCs includes, Specials, Worlds, and a MT4TC SSG (Silver Surface Graphite).

I have 4 Mini-z cars. I have 16 bodies for them, have enjoyed them, but I am trying to start a off-road club here for the local kids, so I will be trading them away.

I getting a T4 shipped to me this week. My son, has a Tamiya Baja Champ which he loves.

Is anyone else racing off road?

Blessings,

C

Last edited by Cmotif; 04-29-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Gen 12:4

And the LORD said unto Moses, "Come on Marshall!!"

Gen 12:6

And Moses replied "Should I skim my motor now or after my next race? Oh no, my 3300's have dumped too! Oh grab me a diet coke whilst you are at it?"

Gen 12:7

And David said unto the really tidy bird behind the bar "what time do you get off darling? Mine's a vodka and coke by the way"

See we can all now race R/C cars and cuddle pretty girls to our hearts content, I have interpreted the torah and it is written and all is good. Amen.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

[/QUOTE]"See we can all now race R/C cars and cuddle pretty girls to our hearts content, I have interpreted the torah and it is written and all is good. Amen.[/QUOTE]

Actually Dan, be carefull- the Torah states that we are not supposed to take G-d's name in vain/lightly. Its one of the 10 commandments...and no, you are not supposed cuddle up with girls. The only one you can touch and flirt with is your own wife. She's the one that is suposed to receive your thoughts, desires, touch/affection, etc. Once you start probing other waters, its adultry, and grave sin acording to Torah, and worse if its a married woman, or a non-jewish woman. G-d is very clear about Jews only being allowed to marry jewish women, and forbidden to marry non-jewish women- the only way its permitted if if the non-jewish woman officially converts to G-d and His Torah/Judaism, and only then, she is welcomed and allowed to marry her fellow Jews...
Old 05-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Ask your Rabbi

Dan: ask your Rabbi in Scotland about this...Rabbi Chaim Jacobs. Here's the contact info:

Address: 8 Orchard Drive
Giffnock, G46-7NR Scotland
Phone: 44-141-638-6116
Fax: 44-141-638-6478
Web: www.lubofscot.co.uk
Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Dan: ask your Rabbi in Scotland about this...Rabbi Chaim Jacobs.
No thank you very much.

Although I must admit that I was born Jewish, my wife is not Jewish nor would I want her to be and I love her very much as she is a human being like all of us, I personally don't see religion as being of any importance, I'm allowed my views as are you.

Also, she has common sense, trusts me and is level headed, if I won a competition and had a kiss and cuddle with the trophy girl she would laugh, clap, she would know it was a bit of fun and we would have fun talking about it.....I see this as a normal situation, a normal loving relationship.

I have my own mind and don't need the torah or "god" to tell me what to do but thanks anyway.

Can we stop this now and talk about RC cars? I find that much more interesting and worthwhile than religion.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default .

Old 05-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

You can live how you want to live- bottom line its up to us to respect God and keep his laws or not. Jewish or not, the choise is ours, and in the end we will reap what we have sown. I just cant understand how you can call your self a Jew and be so full of hate for the God who made you a Jew and giving you His Torah and such wonderfull people...the chosen nation out of all people. Its weird...
Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

WHOA...dont put any words in our mouths...

no one said HATE....

Talk for yourself...

and last time i checked, G-D does not support you judging others...so stop judging us...
Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Your right. The Bible says judge not least ye be judges. then gives a parable. The context is don't try to judge someone for somthing you have a problem with yourself. We are still to call sin sin.
As far as the Torah goes (I'm not a Jew but a Christian) Its the first for books. The books of Moses. Judge not in in the NT, I don't believe the Torah says that.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCLocos
I just cant understand how you can call your self a Jew and be so full of hate for the God who made you a Jew and giving you His Torah and such wonderfull people...the chosen nation out of all people. Its weird...
Woah there! That's just the point, I don't want to call myself a Jew....unfortunately I can't escape it! All that other stuff you rant about regarding hate for god blah blah is just in your head as I don't even care enough about it. He gave me his Torah?? When?? Maybe I was racing and didn't hear him and left it at the track?

I don't doubt that there are wonderful people in the religion - the wonderful ones are those who are nice people, fun to be around, the ones who don't ramble on about moses and the torah and chosen nations.....look, I don't actually care at all about religion, period. That goes for any religion and really can't be bothered with this discussion, it is a waste of my time! Sorry, I'd much rather talk about racing lines, speed controllers and brushless systems....in my world they are more important.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan415ms
Woah there! That's just the point, I don't want to call myself a Jew....unfortunately I can't escape it! All that other stuff you rant about regarding hate for god blah blah is just in your head as I don't even care enough about it. He gave me his Torah?? When?? Maybe I was racing and didn't hear him and left it at the track?

I don't doubt that there are wonderful people in the religion - the wonderful ones are those who are nice people, fun to be around, the ones who don't ramble on about moses and the torah and chosen nations.....look, I don't actually care at all about religion, period. That goes for any religion and really can't be bothered with this discussion, it is a waste of my time! Sorry, I'd much rather talk about racing lines, speed controllers and brushless systems....in my world they are more important.
And Dan,
YOu have the right to do so.
But for you to come on a Jewish Racers thread and bash is rediculous.
If you aren't a practicing Jew that is your choice. But for you input here has been nothing but disrespectful to the Jewish faith. Please enjoy your right to discuss all the things you enjoy about RC on those threads and leave those who are Practicing Jews to there discussions.
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Old 05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STICKS
WHOA...dont put any words in our mouths...

no one said HATE....

Talk for yourself...

and last time i checked, G-D does not support you judging others...so stop judging us...
Sticks: a few posts ago Dan states he doesnt need "god", Torah, etc to tell him what to do. he does what he wants, etc...this is the terrible disrespect towards G-d and Torah/Judaism I think RCLOCOS refers. To purposely write "god" in quotes and in small caps says a lot, and its a complete lack of repect for the Creator and His commandments and teachings. Anyone who is slightly religious or has abit of sence of sesitivity towards others and their beliefs would be at least careful to not show disrespect to other's Deity or religion, out of decency, and much more for one's own supposed inheritance/religion...

Again, Dan and Sticks: all humanity is given freedom of choice by our Creator, to follow his commandments ( do not murder, do not steal, do not covet your fellow man's property, do not commit adultry, do not lie, set up courts of justice, Shabbat, etc) or not. Those that learn and live according to G-d's laws, are the righteous/good ones, and those that dont keep them, are the bad/wicked. Its like in your country. You are measured as good citizen/countryman if you abide by the laws of your country. Those that choose to violate them are the bad citizens. We all make mistakes, of course, but we are speaking of intentionally going against one's countrie's laws, which are there to keep the peace and make sure we all get along and live in a sociatey of peace and harmony and justice. Samething for us Jews. We are a nation, a country, a people, and our constitution is the Torah, given over by G-d to us teaching us the way of true life and purpose in this world and how to live a good life in this world, according to G-d, the Creator. We can choose to follow G-d and His teachings, i.e., observant/religous Jew, or not follow them, i.e., atheist/secular/assimilated "Jews". If you choose to abandon G-d and his Torah and the Jewish people, althoug it hurts us, its your choice, just dont bash us who are hangin on...have a bit of respect. Is that such a bad thing to ask for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.