Wiki Posts
Search

Keep it Cool

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamPhariswheel
I wonder how much 149 pounds UK is in US currency???

EA
Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

OK!
That's about what I thought I would have to charge, if brought to market.

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

I wonder exactly how much faster would a person be... w/ extra weight and a price tag of 280 USD? Would it make a differenece to a newb (like someone who has just learnt to move around the track?) or would you guys think this thing would only make a difference to those pros that need every 0.01s ?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
I wonder exactly how much faster would a person be... w/ extra weight and a price tag of 280 USD? Would it make a differenece to a newb (like someone who has just learnt to move around the track?) or would you guys think this thing would only make a difference to those pros that need every 0.01s ?
I think that practice would make 1000% increase in speed than a motor cooler.
A newbe should just run and race 27T and maybe 19T once they get the hang of chassis setup and can run for 5 mintutes without hitting anything.

That is the most important thing, getting around the track smoothly will yeild better laptimes than a car that has a cooler motor.

Plus most guys us the Pharriswheel style of precooling. It works well, and yeilds better motor temps, for less wear on the motor.

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think this item is aimed at the 'rookie' market, but the higher level competitive racer.....
Old 10-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

i guess the question was, where is that "line" between "yes it will make me faster", "no it will not make me faster" for a gadget like this.

i guess for me... its keep practicing...
Old 10-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i guess for me... its keep practicing...
Practice and preparation will win in the end..
Old 10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Right now I don't think the weight is that much of a problem on the newer cars as long as it is placed correctly. I have to add 3 ounces to my RDX to get it legal for asphalt racing, so it probably wouldn't be much of a weight disadvantage.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

I just cant see it worth the hefty price tag. I'd rather use a Much More peltier cooler before the race and use heatsinks + small fan on the car during a race. Has been keeping my motor cool enough not to affect its performance.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Do you have a link to those cooling jackets? Sounds interesting!

I'm having a look for a picture on the net of the cooling jackets, if not i'll photograph one in my boat and post it as soon as i can..... I think graupner might have a picture on there website under the boat section.....
Old 10-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

This is a picture of the water jackets that i use in my elec. boats

this would offer better cooling than the manufactures manifold as is has a lager surface area....
Attached Thumbnails Keep it Cool-ose_metal_jacket.jpg  
Old 10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

What happens to the traction if some guys tube comes off during a carpet race leaving fluid on the track??
Old 10-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bs6ef
This is a picture of the water jackets that i use in my elec. boats

this would offer better cooling than the manufactures manifold as is has a lager surface area....
As a 1/8 scale hydroplane racer I have to say it doesn't work. The amount of liquid is too small since it will be warm when it reaches the radiator. It will be quickly pushed back towards the motro and has no time to cool down. In boatracing the liquid (water) is continuesely refreshed since we have a inlet in the rudder of somewhere else and seperate outlet somehwere else in the boat.
Stick to a cooling fan which blows fresh air into the brushed area.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

LRP are advertising it
http://www.rc-car-net.at/
Old 10-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Its an interesting point that you have made about the quantity of coolant in the system.

We conducted many experiments, including adding resevoirs to dramatically increase the amount of water in the system.

We found that this makes no diiference to the cooling effect, but simply adds weight and complexity to the system. Perhaps surprisingly when you first think about it, we also found that the flow rate has practically no effect on the efficiency of the system either.

The most critical thing is the design of the radiator and internal design of the cooling manifold. Through careful development of these parts we have been able to gain the most advantade, and make the system extremely effective.

A typical twin fan setup, which many drivers use, will lower the temp about 8 or 9 degs Celcius and draws 250-300mA from your cells (about 2 watts)
The TCS will typically reduce temperatures by 20 degs Celcius and in some circumstances a lot more, yet only draws 40mA (less than 0.5 watts).

Please look at the site where we have added some other background information http://www.tcscooling.com/data.html

Hope this helps
Richard Weatherley
TCS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.