Wiki Posts
Search

MBX6, X808 or MPI9 TKI2 WC

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zenbonzakura
if you didt watch or seen it it was a losi 2.0 not his brand he races have a ot in the what he drove
Sorry mate I didn't think you were getting so upset about the fact I didn't mention the brand of Truggy Kyle used at FEMCA event. It was in fact a Losi. He still TQed and won the event (my original point).

I only failed to mention it as i thought it was a no brainer that Durango does not yet produce a Truggy and I gave the readers of this thread the credit of knowing this.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think with the solid reputation alongside high quality and excellent track performance a mugen has to be the pick, I honestly beleive its one of the best if not the best buggy and the amazing thing is they are now one of the cheapest to buy so if you ask me its a no brainer what id buy if i had to make the decision,

MBX6 @ amain hobbies for $479 which will require absolutly no upgrades what so ever to make it a great buggy to race ... Awesome

Dave
Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Also cant forget the Jap Spec Mbx6 buggy?? Ive got two racing jap specs and cannot fault either. Of course theyre kit form, which for a racer like me is a big plus being able to use a current setup and apply it instantly...

//Zachattak
Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Very interesting tread indeed!

I have a Durango, Mugen and a MP9 TKI2 WC.

Durango: Dont go there yet! I am sure it will be very good in a year or two but leave it for now.

Mugen: Very good car , easy to drive , and in my opinion you will be very happy with this car no matter what... unless

MP9 TKI2 WC: you get to build and try this car. Difficult to explain the feeling but when you buy and build this car you feel you all of a sudden are a member of an exclusive club who knows something that the other racers dont. It gives you a calm and confidence that you know you have the best car. I actually hope my fellow racers will have another car, that way I know I have the best, just let them think that their Mugen or Losi or Xray is better, then I have an advantage But hey, don't tell anyone I said it!

My 2 cent
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kebabkongen
Very interesting tread indeed!

I have a Durango, Mugen and a MP9 TKI2 WC.

Durango: Dont go there yet! I am sure it will be very good in a year or two but leave it for now.

Mugen: Very good car , easy to drive , and in my opinion you will be very happy with this car no matter what... unless

MP9 TKI2 WC: you get to build and try this car. Difficult to explain the feeling but when you buy and build this car you feel you all of a sudden are a member of an exclusive club who knows something that the other racers dont. It gives you a calm and confidence that you know you have the best car. I actually hope my fellow racers will have another car, that way I know I have the best, just let them think that their Mugen or Losi or Xray is better, then I have an advantage But hey, don't tell anyone I said it!

My 2 cent
I like this guy
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kebabkongen

My 2 cent

That is kinda how i felt when building it hard to explain but i was very impressed
Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM
am
Tech Master

It the same feeling you get when you go driving brand new Mercedes. It is a very very good car, but some of the reasson you feel like this is the price of the car. you know it is expensive nad that is why it feels like this.

Kyosho used to be very very nice to bulild, but the Mugen is no different, i might even say it`s better on some steps.

But i agree, the Kyosho makes you feel exclusive, sadly when you need parts, your wallet makes it feel exclusive to. But dang it is a good car!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've had two of these cars and some other cars too. These are just my opinions.

808, car is in my opinion under rated. Took a couple days of testing and found I don't like the car unless the front camber links are in the top hole. Doesn't seem to like a rough track as much as some of the other cars. Car is tough as nails and steers pretty good.

MBX6, car is usually setup what I feel is good. Never feel it's perfect. But even when it's setup bad... it's not that bad. Car is always easy to drive and I always feel like I could push it more. Relatively reliable and easy to maintain. Great car.

RC8, turns on a dime. Love a car that has tons of steering and the RC8 is that car. I find myself on my lid more with the RC8 than the other cars. It's fast but not Mugen/Xray quality if your into that stuff. Small tight track it's my favorite car. Not sure if they've got their fuel tanks figured out, previous versions seemed to have some issues.

8 2.0, well I like a car that turns on a dime. That isn't this car. I think losi makes a fortune on selling hopups that should come stock on some of their products. Car is very stable though and jumps nice and predictable. I've had good luck with reliability. Wear and tear like the front drive shaft pins seem to wear quicker than others. Big track it's a good stable car. Small track I just can't get it to turn as well as the other cars. And yes I spent what I think is way to much on the inclined spindles. Overall good car though.

As a mid pack sportsman driver those are just my feelings on those cars.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

I just finish reading all you post.

I want to sincerely said THANK YOU ALL !!!!. I'm brand new in this forum and for been my first thread I receive a lot of support. Communities like this are awesome.

I make my decision I'm going to fix a couple stuff in my Hyper 8 and Finish the 2011 with it. This car is not the best but it bring me a couple victories on my homeland and here in NY there only another 3 races so I'm going to use them for practicing and getting ready for 2012.

Regard the car I think 2012 is going to be kyosho time.

I want to race the Region 1 in ROAR and the RC-Pro Series too, and for that I need a car that I can trust.

Well if somebody is from NY and is going to race on Fort Knox RC parck or Long Island Racetrack please let me know I would like to try one of this car before buy it.

Lets keep going with the post because it will help a lot of persons that I know they are on the same predicament.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffroadRebel
I just finish reading all you post.

I want to sincerely said THANK YOU ALL !!!!. I'm brand new in this forum and for been my first thread I receive a lot of support. Communities like this are awesome.

I make my decision I'm going to fix a couple stuff in my Hyper 8 and Finish the 2011 with it. This car is not the best but it bring me a couple victories on my homeland and here in NY there only another 3 races so I'm going to use them for practicing and getting ready for 2012.

Regard the car I think 2012 is going to be kyosho time.

I want to race the Region 1 in ROAR and the RC-Pro Series too, and for that I need a car that I can trust.

Well if somebody is from NY and is going to race on Fort Knox RC parck or Long Island Racetrack please let me know I would like to try one of this car before buy it.

Lets keep going with the post because it will help a lot of persons that I know they are on the same predicament.
Glad that you got useful feedback, and you're taking the wise step of trying a buggy out before committing. If you have the opportunity, don't shy away from trying any of the other brands either; pages upon pages of second-hand feedback are never the same as hands-on experience, and you just might be surprised at the results.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Captain thanks.
All this information is very valuable to anybody who think in get in to the hobby for racing pourposes.

Let's keep with this. Well we heard about the cars, but how good is a car without engine. So right now I'm using Picco Evo 3 engine very good and stable but I'm looking to change. For 2012 I've been thinking between the
Novarrosi Bonito series or OS. What you guys think.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffroadRebel
Captain thanks.
All this information is very valuable to anybody who think in get in to the hobby for racing pourposes.

Let's keep with this. Well we heard about the cars, but how good is a car without engine. So right now I'm using Picco Evo 3 engine very good and stable but I'm looking to change. For 2012 I've been thinking between the
Novarrosi Bonito series or OS. What you guys think.
There's an engine sub-forum that you can browse and get awesome feedback from. To be honest, I would take a look at a Clockworked Werks B6. Neal over at Clockwork Racing has posted dyno graphs of various engines, including (among others) the OS SPEED and the B6, and the latter is a very hard engine to beat, both in terms of cost and overall performance. Of course, there are a multitude of other variables to take into consideration, such as the type of circuit you plan to race on, pipe, header, clutch settings, etc.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by captain america
There's an engine sub-forum that you can browse and get awesome feedback from. To be honest, I would take a look at a Clockworked Werks B6. Neal over at Clockwork Racing has posted dyno graphs of various engines, including (among others) the OS SPEED and the B6, and the latter is a very hard engine to beat, both in terms of cost and overall performance. Of course, there are a multitude of other variables to take into consideration, such as the type of circuit you plan to race on, pipe, header, clutch settings, etc.
Awesome thanks Captain.
I will take a look
Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by mcion
808 Driveline Bearings, maybe pre 2011, but that is no longer an issue. Have 4 races on same bearings with 2011 edition as it uses traditional bearing driveline setup as MP9. The 2011 is very stable, don't know what year you had, but 2011 is a different animal.
+1 Brother! Cant Driveline is way smooth now. I just hate the joint pins though but nothing a dremel could fix.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hey everyone I finally make my descicion about what is going to be my next plataform

Here are the winners.

Car Mugen Mbx6
Reasons= Best car for the money. Good quality plastics and driver very consistent. Parts are available at the local hobby and there is few racers at my Local Track with the car if something happen and I do not have the part they can sell me one.

Engine
Werks B6 Pro I saw a couple then running today and I like what I saw and the consistency.

Pipe
2058 Pipe Set I want to try the engine with their own manufacter exaust

Radio
Futaba 4PKS IMO that is the best radio in the market right now

Thanks for all your comments and lets see how it goes 2012

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.