Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Is there anybody out there that really does love to race in AZ thread >

Is there anybody out there that really does love to race in AZ thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there anybody out there that really does love to race in AZ thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Is there anybody out there that really does love to race in AZ thread

I do! I can't wait for the KRBL nitro this weekend. Hopefully the boxing gloves stay home this time.

I know Kenny loves to race.....maybe we can get him to break the stuff out and have some good ole nitro fun.

Last edited by CaseyP; 09-19-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Practice days are my new race days...

I do try to have fun though... love is possibly too much of a commitment word for me !
Old 09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sadly I don't think it will ever be like it was even 5-6 years ago, people start racing, do a little rc tech reading and suddenly they know everything about everything. I do know that old man jonas is going to get it on saturday.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I wish I had the discipline to control myself and stay out if the drama on the threads but I can't help responding to the things some people say and do on these forums, but I will say that it all seems to go away at the tracks. Most of the time everyone just sticks with their racing buddies and there are no episodes during racing. I think the best way to stop it would be for the track owners and RD's to take notice of the trouble makers and ban them from their tracks and races. If they want to act like little kids and start trouble they should be punished like little kids. I would bet the keyboard cowboys stop really fast if they weren't allowed to race anywhere anymore. As a sponsor of the KBRL nitro series it makes me sick to my stomach that people who are ruining the hobby in AZ are going to be recipients of prizes that were givin away to help the racers and promote the hobby in Arizona
Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moparsrule
Sadly I don't think it will ever be like it was even 5-6 years ago, people start racing, do a little rc tech reading and suddenly they know everything about everything. I do know that old man jonas is going to get it on saturday.
sweet. Does he know this?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
it makes me sick to my stomach that people who are ruining the hobby in AZ are going to be recipients of prizes that were givin away to help the racers and promote the hobby in Arizona
I have to agree...... I too can't stay away for some reason. Maybe it's in the hope that someone who really needs some help and actually wants it will post on here and I will be able to lend a hand like the good ole days.

What a pipe dream that seams to be......
Old 09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
I have to agree...... I too can't stay away for some reason. Maybe it's in the hope that someone who really needs some help and actually wants it will post on here and I will be able to lend a hand like the good ole days.

Are you gonna be able to race?? Mike told me about your Elbow???
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP

Yes Casey I do love to race. I love my son racing more than myself though. As a father I do not like him reading these threads due to the drama and BS. I have not been racing for long in AZ however I believe you are a stand up person and should be an ambasador for the sport. You represent Team Losi very well.

Brian M
Old 09-20-2010, 01:11 AM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

I will let others post what can or cant be done to resolve all of the drama in AZ. Im just going to post my answer to your question because I ask my self this question every week. "Is there anybody out there that really does love to race in AZ?"

I DO! I think some of the funnest times I have had in life have been racing. The late night wrench sessions with friends…Thats the shizza! I love looking around the pits at a club race and watching new faces show up. I love watching guys after months of hard work and practice get faster. I love it when guys come up to me and say that they ran faster this week because of the help they got from other racers. I love watching guys give parts away for free just so another can race. I love watching racers walk off the drivers stand and shake hands and say good race. I love overhearing a kid ask his dad if they can come back next week and race because that was the most fun he ever had. I can go on and on…say what you will but these are the things that make me want to race every week!

Casey maybe most of the guys in AZ don't like racing anymore….who knows!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparsrule
At what point did racing for you become not fun?
What do you think changed 5 years ago?
Is it possible that racing is the same and it is you that has evolved and changed?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR
I will let others post what can or cant be done to resolve all of the drama in AZ. Im just going to post my answer to your question because I ask my self this question every week. "Is there anybody out there that really does love to race in AZ?"

I DO! I think some of the funnest times I have had in life have been racing. The late night wrench sessions with friends…Thats the shizza! I love looking around the pits at a club race and watching new faces show up. I love watching guys after months of hard work and practice get faster. I love it when guys come up to me and say that they ran faster this week because of the help they got from other racers. I love watching guys give parts away for free just so another can race. I love watching racers walk off the drivers stand and shake hands and say good race. I love overhearing a kid ask his dad if they can come back next week and race because that was the most fun he ever had. I can go on and on…say what you will but these are the things that make me want to race every week!

Casey maybe most of the guys in AZ don't like racing anymore….who knows!
Well said. I too love to race in Az. The day I stop having fun is the day you'll never see my fat @$$ again.
One thing you forgot to mention is the feeling when you help a kid with his setup and the responce you get when you ask him how the changes were after he drives it for a few laps is a smile from ear to ear
Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

I Agree Keoni and Randy (can't believe I just said that I agree with randy )
this is why we do this and why I continue to do so. There is soo much more to it than just putting your car on the track unfortunately this is not everybody's view.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

I must say..... I really don't post much anymore

ya remember when i did... heck an entire trip report when i moved down here

I LOVE to race.... this is why I quit the REAL world and moved to AZ...... Just seems i have been caught up in too much work.....Wife.... Sun.... pool..... and have let the fun slip by... But SOON... my QUEST for RC DOMINATION will continue.... AGAIN

New people bring fresh excitement and ideas to any sport/hobby/business.... Look at all the new faces every week at the races....Heck when i got here 2-1/2 years ago we had 2 tracks in PHX... The Pit and SRS, now we have 5 or 6...... And if all the tracks are getting 20-50 entries on race day.... we must have a pretty good racer base in the valley

I think we can all help Coach those new people, as I think most of us veterans do.....

But some people will always turn the wrench just to see water spill out on the floor.....

Turn yer back... bust out a DAMN (to yourself unless yer Casey ) and move on......

the more FUN we can have..... the Mo Better it will be for everyone.....

my post for the month

Stav
Old 09-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just wanna Race NITRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Saturday............
Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vareck
I just wanna Race NITRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Saturday............
PLUS 1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.