Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ? >

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BossPlaya
Where are OFNA cars designed and made? Are they an American company?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

this is a world of copy !

get it if you like it. stay away from it if you are not happy with it. seems like here are some ass o staff here !!
Old 05-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

copying is the highest form of flattery
Old 05-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

oh and by the way I saw the car run in Vegas at the speedline race and it seemed good. I think the team was having problems with the engines running extremely hot (like 400 degrees) but at the end I guess they got it under control. There were a few of them in the B main. Otherwise the handling looked very good...
Old 05-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by compuatic
One thing that is funny about OFNA is that theyre cars usually look great in construction, but then you drive them and you find out what theyre all about. Theyre cars always seem to drive like crap for somereason. And its very clear theyre always trying to clone and steal business from other makers. Look at theyre MBX line of buggies, i mean how close of a name can you chose? Mugen MBX4RR and OFNA MBX4R2 (squared). Definately dirty business, one other thing is customer support. They deny any problems with theyre cars if problems arise, and if enough people have the problem... they release a fix and call it an upgrade option lol. But then again they have attractive products because of their prices. I guess i am hoping that they actually have a good car, but maybe itll be repeating the stories all over again. One thing for sure, i will not buy this LD3 until i hear from people that have one and have either beat NTC3s or own both to compare...
I totally agree with you,, my first car was an Ofna Z10,, what a crap,, but you get what you paid!!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

dude, dont knock ofna, you guys ar all looking at their old cars. ofna has come along way. 3 cars they have made recently kickass. the dominator, the Hyper 7 and the 9.5, i personally think the LD3 will be really nice, since ofnas newer cars kickass

i have an MP partially converted to dominator. there isnt a 2.5 that will touch it and im still gared for torque
Old 05-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Old Skool

no seriously, are there cars designed in America? Or do they just import stuff from other companies. It's an honest question, not trying to be funny. I mean Associated prides themself on being designed and manufactured in the U.S., so I'm just wondering if OFNA is kind of the same deal.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ofna is Asian company
Old 05-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

OFNA is an American company importing products made by asian hobby companies, namely Ho-Bao(Pirate series, Hyper engine and Hyper buggy, etc) and Hongnor(MBX/GT series buggies, Blazer series, Z10, 9.5, OB4, etc). They bring them to the US, make an OFNA box for them and slap some OFNA stickers. By the way im not hinting anything bad and dont intend to knock them, this is honestly what OFNA is.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Boomer and Computac for clarifying. I kind of like to know this stuff so I know what im buying, not that I was in the market for an OFNA car, but still its good for the consumer to know.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

That car in the rcx link is Steve Nguyen's car. It looks even better in person.

Last edited by Bryan N.; 05-05-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bryan, have you seen it run ? how does it run ?
Old 05-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Since the NTC3 still has problems with their front one-way diff ring ( even though they have the new delrin diff ring ), has anybody tried to apply the OFNA front metal diff ring and front metal pinion gear on a NTC3 front one-way ?? I know that ALOT of drivers were having some serious issues about the NTC3 front one-way being plastic and stripping gears. Maybe, associated should've made a front metal gear like the ofna. I dunno, maybe its worth the shot to see if it works or not.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the shocks on the Ofna LD3 VCD's the same as the NTC3, Universals frnt and rear? Are the Roll centres the same and how do the shock towers compare. i guess what i am asking is does a NTC3 setup work on the LD3's?
Old 05-06-2003, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
dude, dont knock ofna, you guys ar all looking at their old cars. ofna has come along way.
Which OFNA? Ho Bao, Hong Nor, or the many other companies that supplies OFNA with the doodads that are in its lineup?

That was my point. OFNA has a lot of stuff, and its hard to tell what is good and what is bad because, like it or not, just a few years ago a lot of their things weren't good. Even with obvious proof that things are getting better, such as the Dominator, it is hard to tell what is getting better and what is not. Also, for some like myself, we would prefer wait and see if this trend continues, while others just don't believe it.

I believe and agree with what you are saying AndrewtheRCman, its just that I am waiting for proof of my personal beliefs, which should be coming in about a month or 2. But I doubt I will be seeing one soon at my track because most guys here like belts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.