Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I'm kind of hoping that they market it with a driver. That way I can simply send the car to the track, and they can email me and let me know how I did... Save a lot of time...
There could even still have be US (Paul) or EU (Jilles) versions!!

I think you might have hit on something there Bob!!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
There could even still have be US (Paul) or EU (Jilles) versions!!

I think you might have hit on something there Bob!!
I think I found the flaw with that, the price for driver upgrades...

Well, started out as a good idea.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I hope the T3 will be more of what I suggested and a purpose built TC for lipo. Heck might as well make it for the current batteries since the electronics weight more with regular cells. Just my two cents. Can't wait for the Orion lipo spec packs. Xray don't....put it out. Fair warned. lol....
Knight just do what I am.....
Gettting the upgraded parts and keep the older chassis than the IRP tweak plate will work....either that or send the plate to me and I tap new holes in plate or you can drill new holes in the chassis...
I figure that since I race only rubber tires that the US foam Spec is a waste...
Better off getting the UK coversion and be happy...
Plus my T2 is dialed as is...Figure every bit helps...
-Shookie <><
Just my thoughts...But I hear ya on the ideas you are speaking of....I LIKE IT ALOT...
Oh and you can pre order those Orion Spec Lipo's from your local Hobby shop already...I back ordered two through Great Planes...says late September..so Soon and Very Soon...LOL
Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Shookie...

I'm just a picky person I guess. Something I need to work on and I have a hard time keeping my thoughts to myself. LOL....

I may go to rubber tires. Many are doing it at my local track to keep the costs down. I just have my T2 hooked up on foams and I hate to change.

I'll be preordering those lipos soon. Lipos will be the future. When someone makes a purpose built lipo TC, then it will take off. Xray could have done it. Just imagine the motor and electrontic flipped. Move the motor in closer to the center line and the electronics. Nrrower chassis, balanced, lighter weight and equal chassis flex because the chassis won't need cell cut outs. In fact mill the area for the lipo and put it lower in the chassis. Now that would have been revolutionary. Just some thoughts in theory anyway. lol

A BMI chassis would be my other option.

Last edited by RCknight; 09-20-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

While I agree that it looks like LiPos are the future..there isn't yet a standard cell configuration or shape of a LiPo pack...makes it hard to purpose build a chassis to fit something that isn't clearly defined....

You may point out the orion as the standard...but they are the only manufacturer using that shape as a standard...there is more potential for freedom of design with LiPo pack design than there is with the standard sub-C cells...

Once a clearly defined standard is established I'm sure you'll see more movement on platforms optimised to adopt it.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

While I agree that it looks like LiPos are the future..there isn't yet a standard cell configuration or shape of a LiPo pack...makes it hard to purpose build a chassis to fit something that isn't clearly defined....

You may point out the orion as the standard...but they are the only manufacturer using that shape as a standard...there is more potential for freedom of design with LiPo pack design than there is with the standard sub-C cells...

Once a clearly defined standard is established I'm sure you'll see more movement on platforms optimised to adopt it.
Have you seen this?
http://teamorion.com/news/ca40/newsid/115

Cause it fit in the already standardized chassis designs...Just waiting for them to enter the country...

As per Great Planes and Horzion hobby...first or second week of October in your hobby shops....
-Shookie <><
Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I have seen those...and that makes sense....mking the LiPo technology fit in the current standard...as opposed to having a 'lightly larger than standard box' that doesn't fit in the form fitting profile of many chassis kits...

Again...the technologiy is flexible in its shape and packaging....
Old 09-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

I have seen those...and that makes sense....mking the LiPo technology fit in the current standard...as opposed to having a 'lightly larger than standard box' that doesn't fit in the form fitting profile of many chassis kits...

Again...the technologiy is flexible in its shape and packaging....
If they could get up to 9.2V peak we might see the end of nimh cells...Until then we might not see them in stock or 19T cause its all about the punchiness.

I am thinking of seeing if Novak could make a current limiter of 9.4V and run it on a 11.1V pack and man Nimh are history....Cause man the wieght of 11.1V is like 10grams lighter than the standard 4200mah packs...
Get the packs to fit into the chassis I think is first step in the evolution TC lipo/limg cause man the future is now..
I hope they can make a real stock brushless with a smaller ESC and man its on like Donkey Kong...
-Shookie <><
Old 09-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Can someone pls tell me this is not the price for the new t2 007 pls ck
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=6249

and if it is i guess i'll be keeping my fk05
Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

My LHS says the 007 kit will only be a few $$ more than the T2 was, certainly not $999. The upgrade kit will be under $200 so I'm told. Seems reasonable, hope there right.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

did you ck the link to speedtechrc , why would put that price for the car
even if a list price that would be miss leading people to buy the car , dont you
think
Old 09-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pcar951
My LHS says the 007 kit will only be a few $$ more than the T2 was, certainly not $999. The upgrade kit will be under $200 so I'm told. Seems reasonable, hope there right.
If I had to speculate, I'm guessing anywhere from $50-$90 higher is gonna be close on the T2'007 compared to the T2. A thick chassis is a fair amount of money all by itself. We're not even going to list the '007 until we have a more confirmed date.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default xray t2 007

i received an email from xray sence i registered with them when i bought my
t1fk05 and released date was 9-18-09 how ever it may take a few weeks
before they even get to lhs
Old 09-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Seems like much of the RcAmerica/Team Xray team is running the new car at the IIC. Well at least most of the top guns are at least. We'll see how it does this weekend. Results will tell. Looks like this car is ready to ship out from my standpoint. I certainly can't wait to get my hands on one for carpet season, I'll tell you that!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

<--just hanging out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.