What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

I want to get seroius about racing an electric 4wd buggy?

What is the best buggy 4wd that money can buy?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

scoobydo listed the top 4WDs near the bottom of this thread... http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...t=85739&page=2

Do some research on each brand and find out what your local hobby shop has the best parts support for.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tamiya TRF 501x
Old 06-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

i like my zx-5
Old 06-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i will be trying mine out today.if it was for looks,501x hands down.if it handles as good as it looks,it is gonna be the only car to have i will let you know how mine goes.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
i will be trying mine out today.if it was for looks,501x hands down.if it handles as good as it looks,it is gonna be the only car to have i will let you know how mine goes.
hey if your running the mamba 5700 careful of your diffs and belts with this car
it is a sweet car tho,i was gona get it but it was way to much money to get so i got the zx-5
Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Best handling buggies in my opinion has got to be the Losi XX4WE and Xfactory X5. Buggies that handles pretty well and looks good are the Yokomo MR4BX 2007 Edition and Tamiya TRF 501x. Other good buggies worth considering are the JConcepts BJ4WE, HB Cyclone D4 and the Academy SB V2 Pro gets my vote for good quality and best value for money...
Old 06-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Race Results

JConcepts BJ4 Worlds Edition

Since its debut at the 2005 World Championships, here are some of the major championships and podium positions the BJ4 Worlds Edition has collected:

2005 IFMAR World Champion and TQ (1st and 3rd)
2006 Cactus Classic Champion and TQ (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
2006 Hot Rod Shootout Champion and TQ (1st and 3rd)
2006 ROAR National Champion and TQ (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
2006 EFRA European Champion and TQ (1st)
2007 Cactus Classic Champion and TQ (1st and 3rd)
Old 06-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BradR
JConcepts BJ4 Worlds Edition

Since its debut at the 2005 World Championships, here are some of the major championships and podium positions the BJ4 Worlds Edition has collected:

2005 IFMAR World Champion and TQ (1st and 3rd)
2006 Cactus Classic Champion and TQ (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
2006 Hot Rod Shootout Champion and TQ (1st and 3rd)
2006 ROAR National Champion and TQ (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
2006 EFRA European Champion and TQ (1st)
2007 Cactus Classic Champion and TQ (1st and 3rd)
There is not doubt that the Bj4 is a great buggy but at this level it is more the driver than the buggy. I got a chance to see the new Yokomo run the other day and have to say it is sweet. I run the X-5 and I am really happy with it. There are alot of good buggies available today so pick the one that best suits driving style and budget. There are quite a few reviews available at: www.Oople.com
Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sport10
There is not doubt that the Bj4 is a great buggy but at this level it is more the driver than the buggy.
Obviously the driver is a huge factor, but not the only factor. The same driver didn't win all of those races.

Even if you take as a given that the BJ4 has the best drivers, do you think they are so much better than Masami, Cragg, Easton, Amezuca, Hara, Pavidis, Truhe, etc. that they could still win without the best car? And not just win, dominate.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

I have to say the Kyosho ZX-5 has been a dream to drive to me. It is smooth in the rough and a bullet out of the hole and you can't beat it for the price.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
I have to say the Kyosho ZX-5 has been a dream to drive to me. It is smooth in the rough and a bullet out of the hole and you can't beat it for the price.
thats true and i think its the only one that you can run orion lipos in coz its a stick pack,witch for me is fantastic.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I would go with the academy buggy. It is the most durrable buggy, comes fully loaded for $100s less then the other buggies fully loaded and it is very fast on the track. You can run the battery in any configuration you want to, sadle or hump pack so running lipos isn't a problem either. With the push for more lipo brushless in electric have a buggy that will give you the best chance to survive a 20 minute main should be your best bet. Oh yeah, it's a shaft drive so you don't have to worry much about maintanance. If you are planning on running multiple classes then I would stay away from belts. If you are only running one class so you will have time to clean out belts between runs then belts shouldn't be an issue. My choice is the sbv2 pro though. Those battery mount posts can easily be raised to support a larger lipo.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
hey if your running the mamba 5700 careful of your diffs and belts with this car
it is a sweet car tho,i was gona get it but it was way to much money to get so i got the zx-5
i just got back from running the car.i ran it with the brushless 5.5 motor.i must say,i think that motor is perfect for these cars.alot of power yet very drivable.the car really blew me away.it handles like an absolute dream.it is an extremely durable car and was down right glued to the track.once i made a few small changes to the setup,it was on point and i almost couldnt make a mistake.it seems to share the suspension geometry of the BJ4 but i cant be certain without comparing with both in my hands.i did try the BJ4 and that was also an unreal car.the only problem my buddy was having was that it was kinda fragile.i do feel that the 501x could use a 1 way to eliminate a slight on power push but overall i think it was a great purchase and i am very happy with its performance.the suspension is silky smoothe,the build and parts quality is mind boggling,it jumps great,absorbs the rough stuff like it is not there,and i came home after 12 battery packs with it in one piece and didnt need to go in my tool box for anything but a nut driver to adjust the clutch when i first went out.
in a nutshell,i find that all the buggies are awesome.i like the look,handling,and quality of the tamiya. the BJ4 felt awesome,and im sure the rest run awesome to.i think it is gonna come down to looks and local support.i will be setting up to run lipo saddle packs with the car next.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by party_wagon
I would go with the academy buggy. It is the most durrable buggy, comes fully loaded for $100s less then the other buggies fully loaded and it is very fast on the track. You can run the battery in any configuration you want to, sadle or hump pack so running lipos isn't a problem either. With the push for more lipo brushless in electric have a buggy that will give you the best chance to survive a 20 minute main should be your best bet. Oh yeah, it's a shaft drive so you don't have to worry much about maintanance. If you are planning on running multiple classes then I would stay away from belts. If you are only running one class so you will have time to clean out belts between runs then belts shouldn't be an issue. My choice is the sbv2 pro though. Those battery mount posts can easily be raised to support a larger lipo.
thats another cool thing about the 501x,it comes with an lexan chassis cover that literally eliminated and dirt from getting inside the car.very nice touch also,the belt drive had no issues for me at all.i actually preferred it over the shaft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.