Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine wont sustain running!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Angry engine wont sustain running!!

so got my car running today but i had to put fuel directly into the air filter hole into the carb. priming wouldn't work. and then i would have to keep throttling it to keep it running. what is wrong with this!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by traxxasman104
so got my car running today but i had to put fuel directly into the air filter hole into the carb. priming wouldn't work. and then i would have to keep throttling it to keep it running. what is wrong with this!
what kind of car? engine? fuel? glowplug? how much fuel has been run through the engine?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by traxxasman104
Sounds like a tunen issue to me but need more info as to how much fuel has been though it and is the motor broke in . What kind of motor is it.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Could be a number of things that have been mentioned. Bad glow plug, idle adjustment, low end adjustment, cracked fuel lines allowing to much air, bad clutch bearing or springs.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, if he literally "just got it running," then I doubt the problem is anything as severe as that. The post is a little ambiguous, so it's hard to know what vehicle or how old it is. I'll assume that it's a new car.

I'll guess that the low-speed mixture needle is too rich. Pinch the fuel line leading to the carburetor once you get the engine started. you might notice the engine speed increasing slightly, which is normal. If it really revs like crazy, then you have a rich low-speed mixture and a poor idle speed setting. It should only take you a few minutes. The engine should only run for about 8 seconds once you've pinched the fuel line. If it takes longer to stall, then lean the low-speed mixture setting until the engine has a stable idle and wants to stall in the aforementioned timeframe.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
Well, if he literally "just got it running," then I doubt the problem is anything as severe as that. The post is a little ambiguous, so it's hard to know what vehicle or how old it is. I'll assume that it's a new car.

I'll guess that the low-speed mixture needle is too rich. Pinch the fuel line leading to the carburetor once you get the engine started. you might notice the engine speed increasing slightly, which is normal. If it really revs like crazy, then you have a rich low-speed mixture and a poor idle speed setting. It should only take you a few minutes. The engine should only run for about 8 seconds once you've pinched the fuel line. If it takes longer to stall, then lean the low-speed mixture setting until the engine has a stable idle and wants to stall in the aforementioned timeframe.
well judging by his other posts, he has a nitro rustler, and seems to have had it for a little while? hard to tell exactly