Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad Servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Hitec is the easiest solution. If your fast use ko propo. 2368 buggy 2386 truggy
Old 09-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i own the orion 1007 vortex servo on, my 1/8 buggy for the steering its pretty. good how long did your savox ,servo last you? the warranty isnt for very long though . i do like the orion vortex servo, for the truggy though i might try it.

and i do know that the savox servo, is the same as the orion servo.
What servo horns are you guys using for these servo`s? Savox servo
Old 09-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This whole thread reads like a bunch of Hitec fan boys. If you know about the customer service then you had problems and needed to talk to them.

JR servos are IMO the best you can buy, they are tried and true and have been around forever. If you "ever" have a problem with a JR servo, you simply send it in. Oh yeah, they have a 3 year warranty and they don't fix their servos like Hitec does, they replace it for you with a brand new one.
I recommend,
9100T steering.
4800T throttle.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Take a look at the Savox line aswell

SC-1256tg for steering
SC-1258tg for throttle

Ti gears, priced right and often overlooked: they are lightweigt aswell: only 52.4 grams per servo. Most servos are round about 65 grams each, so with 2 servos thats a weight saving of ~25 grams right there.

Been running them for a year now and no issues.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Very Disappointed with ACE/Reedy Servos

I had two of the Ace/AE 1015's in my Ofna Late Model. Both failed wanted to send them in for repair. Contacted Ace and they stated there is no service available on these servos. I was very disappointed. Never buy again.

Futaba, I have 3 9351's and 2 9451's have had no issues with any of them and I bought a couple of them used. When i got them I sent them straight to Futaba and had them tuned up. A whole $15. I am very happy with there customer service.

Hitec, I have one 7955 that I purchased used on here. I have not used it yet but its going in a new Late Model and I will test it there. I think that the fact that several pro drivers have choose them says alot about their quality.

JR, never ran them my self but have talked to a sponsored drive that has ran them (recently went to Hitech) He says that he really liked the 9100's but not the HV version. He said that the 9100's were great servos.

If you decide to go with Futaba I suggest the 9156 or 9157 for steering and either a 9351 or 9451 for throttle.

Hope this all helps.

Hitman

Originally Posted by Franchise
I wouldn't use Futaba. I've heard to many stories about their customer service being crappy.

For that reason alone I would use Hitec. They're good servo's and I hear their customer service in second to none.

I use AE's/ACE
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rvo-w-Heatsink

In my opinion a good balance of speed/torque and I think they're smoother than the hitecs.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PHI2
What servo horns are you guys using for these servo`s? Savox servo
Savox is the same spline as Futaba.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Hitec is the way to go hands down. There customer service is tops and repairs are usually new ones sent back with no questions. I have had them send me parts as well with no problems. I have seen people send JR's back and recieve a letter back stating they can no longer send this in for repair.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

JR's 9000/9100's Slop out faster then any servo out there PERIOD.

They use sub par bushing's in the top case and when they wear they cause a Twitch in the servo which is easily seen when the cars on the lid or waiting in pit row to exit.

Ive rebuilt and Frankensteined Many of Jr's for buddy's to keep them running for another week or so to only have thing's fail again and again till buddy Finally breaks down and buys a Hitec...i also found it funny they they tried to beef up the 9100's from the 9000's with larger bushing's but the fact is they use Sub Par stuff so no matter how big they made the bushing the Top case was still too weak to support the bushing so instead of the bushing wearing out, the walls that support the bushing fail and cause the whole bushing to walk side to side....Gooo JR.

JR is also Known for sending degrading messages along with their serviced units back to you Insisting it was something You did Wrong and they are doing you a favor and will replace the servo this time but might not next time.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
This whole thread reads like a bunch of Hitec fan boys. If you know about the customer service then you had problems and needed to talk to them.

JR servos are IMO the best you can buy, they are tried and true and have been around forever. If you "ever" have a problem with a JR servo, you simply send it in. Oh yeah, they have a 3 year warranty and they don't fix their servos like Hitec does, they replace it for you with a brand new one.
I recommend,
9100T steering.
4800T throttle.
Hitec doesn't fix them either. They send ya a new one. Just so you got you're facts straight. Been a LONG tim since I've had to use Hitec's warranty, but back when I used it ONCE they sent me brand new in the box servos.

Point is Hitec's are simply the best. Nothing compares to the performance and durability of a Hitec TG servo.

As for JR's... They can't even make their $200 servos last.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I recommend,
9100T steering.
4800T throttle.
I guess that's why Drake runs them. Oh wait, he gave up on them and switched to Hitec.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Hitec doesn't fix them either. They send ya a new one. Just so you got you're facts straight. Been a LONG tim since I've had to use Hitec's warranty, but back when I used it ONCE they sent me brand new in the box servos.

Point is Hitec's are simply the best. Nothing compares to the performance and durability of a Hitec TG servo.

As for JR's... They can't even make their $200 servos last.
Really? I have a R.O. where they fixed a "cold solder joint".. Whatever fan boy, Keep trying. Nice way to keep promoting your "sponsor".. Keep following that air servo company lol.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Really? I have a R.O. where they fixed a "cold solder joint".. Whatever fan boy, Keep trying. Nice way to keep promoting your "sponsor".. Keep following that air servo company lol.
I guess Drake and Truhe must like "air" servos. And you can't even say it was because of a sponsorship that they switched. Drake had been running Hitec's with the stickers pulled off for a LONG time before officially making the switch.

I run what works and in this particular situation that is Hitec and definitely not JR. You'd think for what they charge for their servos they'd last a couple months at least... NOT.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have had great luck out of the Hobbico CS-170, I mean for 90 bucks its hard to beat. Im sure that Hitec makes it and set next to a 7955 I cannot tell the difference if there is any. They will handle straight lipo as well .
Old 09-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I guess Drake and Truhe must like "air" servos. And you can't even say it was because of a sponsorship that they switched. Drake had been running Hitec's with the stickers pulled off for a LONG time before officially making the switch
Seriously dude, you need to lay off this guys nut sack. Obviously I have my own opinion, not by choice but by my own personal experiences with Hitec, HENCE IMO (in my opinion)

Don't come back and say "well Drake has more experience at this then you" cause I really don't care and It dosen't matter. What matters is my "opinion" which I have just as much right to post as you do.

Have a nice day.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

I've never tried Hitec, but have used Ace, Airtronics and Futaba.

That said, when I first went a lap with Futaba BLS series servos, I was sold forever. Perfect centering, amazing speed and more than enough torque.

I use a BLS351 for steering and BLS451 for throttle/brake. This is in buggy. If I were going for Futaba in a truggy, I'd probably go BLS352 for steering.

I use a 7.4v Lipo without a problem.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTSX5&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRJS5&P=SM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.