Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi Pro 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default re: the pro4

do the drive shaft or the gears of the Pro3 resemble the shaft driven RS4 Nitro????
Old 04-27-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Gezzz...
The are no AE stickers.... Opps I mean HPI stickers on the Body
Old 04-29-2002, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nova racer
Frank seeing that you work for HPI sorry i have to say this but shut up and take it in the face lol
...not sure what that is supposed to mean...
Old 04-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Frank McKinney

...not sure what that is supposed to mean...
I think it means that nova racer (who actually runs an OS not a Novarossi engine ) needs to be nice. No need to be insulting nova.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AMGRacer

I think it means that nova racer (who actually runs an OS not a Novarossi engine ) needs to be nice. No need to be insulting nova.
hey it was not an insult i was just making fun of MR. HPI now that this has leaked out they will swear up and down that it will not go into production. and i dont like hpi since the hole racer2 rip off.there is nothing likr feeling like you got corn wholed

Last edited by nova racer; 04-29-2002 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Nova I hear ya. I had a "money pit" racer 2 and pro 2 and I will not be buying any more HPI in a hurry. Frank seems like a decent guy tho, I feel sorry for him!!
Old 04-29-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Nova I hear ya. I had a "money pit" racer 2 and pro 2 and I will not be buying any more HPI in a hurry. Frank seems like a decent guy tho, I feel sorry for him!!
yep he has to hate to bite his lip.
my buddy has a pro 3 with the penguin race kit now he could have got a X-ray for the money he got into his pro3 and have a better car.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:02 PM
Regional Moderator

hey nova what do you drive?
and why the bashing of hpi? the company is a strong one in the r/c world and have had its up and downs but now there in the spot light and doing very well so i guess its time for people like you to bad mouth them and bash products when you dont even have a hpi tc!

pro3racing
team ko propo
Old 04-29-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

AMGRacer: I hear you and agree. Frank is a nice guy and was always willing to help years ago when I ran my Pro and Pro2. Pro was stock, Pro2 had a few mods. The money pit is my "super nitro"!!!!!!!! I call this the metal monster. to many $$$ to talk about. I also have a MTX-2 Prospec with negitive diff & carbon deck and a box stock Xray T1. Both run circles around the super........ Lessons learned!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by pro3racing
hey nova what do you drive?
and why the bashing of hpi? the company is a strong one in the r/c world and have had its up and downs but now there in the spot light and doing very well so i guess its time for people like you to bad mouth them and bash products when you dont even have a hpi tc!

pro3racing
team ko propo
i run nitro tc's and gas stadium trucks. but this summer i need to pick up a tc3 or a x-ray but out here most of the guys run only nitro in the summer and i never have owned a electric car. but my 6 year old son has a tl01 and that thing handels better than a box srock pro3 imho
Old 04-30-2002, 01:04 AM
R/C Tech Founder

That's true.

There's a big difference between stating one's opinion about a car and actually insulting a company or company representative.

I think that for every person you'll find who says "HPI sucks!" you will also find one who says "Losi sucks!" or "Associated sucks!" or "Yokomo sucks!"

(or "Ford/Dodge/Chevy sucks!" and so on...)
Old 04-30-2002, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile HPI Pic...

I Don't Know If This Pic Have Been Posted, But Check This Out:

http://www.rcmodel.com.hk/images/hpi01/pro4.jpg
Old 04-30-2002, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

futureal, here we would call that a "di*k wiggling contest" Mine is bigger than yours. LOL Heard that a lot growing up in relation to full size cars. My Ford will wip your Chevy's butt......
Old 04-30-2002, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK, no offense taken I just wanted a little clarification on what was meant. You know how the 'net is - you never know how to take something that's typed. There's no inferring anything, it's all in the words (and smilies) that are used.

Anyway, thanks you guys for thinking I am a decent guy, I try to be.

What I do know is that the car is truly a prototype (remember the XXXS was originally graphite and aluminum and ran for several months before production, and it went through four different versions) and we do not know yet if it will go into production. There are several guys running it around the world and like many prototype cars it uses some parts off currently produced cars just to save time and tooling costs. We'll see what happens after the Worlds, I'm sure we won't be the only ones there with a new/modified car.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Frank, you suck!!! hahahah What's up buddy???

Frank is a good guy. Known him for a long while. He even took care of me in my Pro2 days. IMO, the Pro2 was the best car HPI every put out. That thing was just awesome.

So, Franko....when you coming back down to SoCal???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.