Wiki Posts
Search

GQ Racing Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default GQ Tires

Hello Guys,

As most know we are in the process of moving out of state. This is turning out to be a major project with movers and then finding a home in an unfamiliar area. We have narrowed our geographical area now and just trying to find the best home for Wendy and I.

I have another order coming of the 1:10th nitro tires and the order includes the carbon tires. I also have some tires in my SUV that I take to the races with me to service drivers. Don't have a lot tires there but have some. All the other tires are in the moving truck waiting for us to purchase a home so they can unload for us.

I am sorry for the inconvenience to everyone. We are not planning to move again for at least 100 years!!!!

In about 2 weeks or less we will be operating at 60%. As soon as we select a home and the movers unload we will be operating at 100% plus! We are trying to make this a quickly as possible.

I am very happy to hear the success and the enjoyment so many have spoken about in this thread. It is fun to offer racers the best of the best in RC Car Racing Tires. GQ now is growing fast here in the states and also a couple other countries we service. This growth is all due to you guys writing about GQ Racing Tires in this thread. I wish to sincerely thank everyone and let you know I appreciate you taking the time to write and talk to others about GQ tires. It makes my undertaking fun and worth every minute (hours actually..lol) I spend working with GQ.

Have Fun and Good Racing To All!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Was that one you just bought? Which engine was it?
Yes..Was a 353 with a new combo.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Not to take the attention off of Pedro's motor problems

I wanted to give a visual demonstration of the abuse I put a pair of GQ Hard tires through in the last race.

The wheel chiped and has a hairpin crack on the inside, but the foam didn't chunk!!! I was able to finish my race with an issue. If you're wondering what happened...I took a really hard traction roll in the bumpy part of the sweeper at the last race. Nothing broke on the car, the wheel took all of the damage.
Attached Thumbnails GQ Racing Tires-img_0454.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Not to take the attention off of Pedro's motor problems

I wanted to give a visual demonstration of the abuse I put a pair of GQ Hard tires through in the last race.

The wheel chiped and has a hairpin crack on the inside, but the foam didn't chunk!!! I was able to finish my race with an issue. If you're wondering what happened...I took a really hard traction roll in the bumpy part of the sweeper at the last race. Nothing broke on the car, the wheel took all of the damage.
Hey I see ! Yes the GQ wheel is hard and good ! My friend use Contact tires and the Wheel and the rubber is bad really bad..I see the wheel broken in half just by touching a corner..
Old 07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

GQ Tires Qualify 1st 2nd and 6th Putting 3 cars into the A main as well as winning this past weekends Novarossi Challenge in Chaplin CT. Team drivers Craig Xavier, Melvin Aultston, and Diatta Collymore were in attendance
Old 07-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default GQ Tires Win Again!

Congratulations to Diatta for his TQ and win at the Novarossi Challenge. Plus a special thanks for getting 3 GQ tire drivers in the A main.

GQ team drivers are having fun and racing great with GQ's extended selection of Pro White rims and our new Special Carbon Rims. GQ racing tires are the leader's for high quality Ultra Traction competition tires.

For the club racer GQ Racing Tires give longer lasting foam rubber. The initial cost maybe a $1 or 2 more, but lasting longer than other brands make GQ tires the best value in RC today. Buy the best and save money too! Cool
Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Any 8th scale guys using the GQ tires here? I need some info on how the GQ compares to the other tires you've used. I'm trying to convert some local guys that swear by lightweight wheels.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I haven't run the new wheels but the old orange wheels were good. In fact, they were my favorite on VHT tracks.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know some of the locals tried them and were pretty happy with grip and consistency, these were the new carbon dished rims. One thing you will definitely experience is lower tire wear.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default GQ 1:8th Tires

Any 8th scale guys using the GQ tires here? I need some info on how the GQ compares to the other tires you've used. I'm trying to convert some local guys that swear by lightweight wheels.
Of course I am a bit () bias. However truly there is not a better 1:8th tire in our RC world.

Someone mentioned the Orange rims. They are a bit heavy compared to our Pro Whites (lightweight) and our new Carbon Dish rims. However you can run into the wall at the end of the straight and your car will be broken and the rims would still be perfect!! But as I mentioned we are more weight conscious and the Pro Whites are stiff, hard and light. The carbon are about 1gm lighter but very stiff and holds up when track is hot.

If you look at our GQ's foam rubber tire, the biggest difference is the rubber. Most mix plastic materials with their foam. This causes less grip and less wear. However donut to donut the named brands will be a few grams lighter because plastic is lighter than rubber. We don't get weight conscious when it come to quality in traction and wear. So GQ will always have our rubber formulation in our 1:8th tires and the difference will be seen on the track. Better traction around fast turns and out of the hole in slow turns will make these tires give you more speed no matter what level of racer you are.

Now look at the GQ tires compared to the other named brands. First our advanced robotic machinery that glues the tires perfectly all the way across keeps GQ tires from chunking and separating as other brands do.

Also notice however tires is glued and trued perfectly around the rim. No parts bit over the rim or to the inside of the rim. Every tire is perfectly trued to the rim. This is because of the advanced costly machinery owned and used by GQ.

Lastly we have a rim and a shore for every track condition including surface and weather on race day. GQ is the only company that has the ability to develop highly advanced with very costly materials and machinery to develop and manufacture soft rims for rough tracks, loose conditions, and cooler weather. The you have the other two rims to tune your car for your driving and setup.

No other company makes and develops (formulation) their own plastics and rubber. We manufacture our own donuts, rims and glue and true ourselves. So every wheel is inspected throughout the manufacturing process to make sure every 1:8th tire is perfect for the racer. We also package each and every tire in a plastic package to insure freshness. GQ is just a step about every other brand. I am proud to represent them. Can you tell?

SamF
Old 08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Tri-State Shootout-2

The last Saturday was the Tri-State shootout-2 at Floyd Bennett Raceway, 2 Team Driver for GQ Racing were present. Diatta and Pedro we make the A-main with no problem Thanks to the GQ tires and the great PERFORMANCE.

Thanks GQ Tires is the best tire !
Attached Thumbnails GQ Racing Tires-283124_214188458634125_100001289175154_637760_7466757_s.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TM America
I am proud to represent them. Can you tell?

SamF
I had not noticed until you said that
Old 08-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

I had not noticed until you said that
Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

The team will be in Chaplin CT for the Xray Challenge this weekend, looking forward to some good results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.