Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
That's looking awesome, Pickled. Do you have a link to a thread of your build?

Also, where in the hell have I been... I had no idea that Keyence made ESCs for our hobby! I've used Keyence sensors and switches for years in industrial applications, but never knew they had a line of RC electronics! Man, I gotta get on that!
Wow, buddy...that XXX-D VIP looks really sweet!
Im jealous!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
Wow, buddy...that XXX-D VIP looks really sweet!
Im jealous!
Wait till it's finished then you'll definitely envy it, lol. It's going to be red themed with red wires and red mesh wire covers it might even look like a pro built it lol I hope anyway
Old 03-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Tech Initiate

great choice on the chassis Pickled! I saw a video on the driftmission YT channel and it looked so smooth. I originally started with a shafty but ditched the chassis because a CS conversion would have been expensive and unreliable....

hit up the LHS that eunique posted the vid of and it was definitely a lot of fun but blindspots are killer! Also considering switching to chopped C-hubs with the MST knuckles because I think my mismatched suspension arm drilling for the KPI is affecting the the steering symmetry
Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, so I recently got my D3 all set up and running to run into a few problems after the first few runs. First off my Fly sky Tx+Rx wont program with my Ez-Run esc properly (however im solving this by just buying a much better esc/motor combo) so just using an old TX for now.

But my other main issue at the moment is a fairly loud clicking at high speeds coming from the rear wheels, when I take the wheels off the noise is gone, ive tried putting different rims on still get the same noise. Also when I pick the car up and there is no weight on the wheels there is no noise, so im guessing its some kind of weight issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NorCal Drift
Hey guys, so I recently got my D3 all set up and running to run into a few problems after the first few runs. First off my Fly sky Tx+Rx wont program with my Ez-Run esc properly (however im solving this by just buying a much better esc/motor combo) so just using an old TX for now.

But my other main issue at the moment is a fairly loud clicking at high speeds coming from the rear wheels, when I take the wheels off the noise is gone, ive tried putting different rims on still get the same noise. Also when I pick the car up and there is no weight on the wheels there is no noise, so im guessing its some kind of weight issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
I experience a similar issue and it was the rear pulley mount not being perfectly parallel had to twist it while doing up the screws so it was straight. an easier way is to just buy the alloy pulley mount that has a brace in it to stop it from doing that
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey thanks for the quick response! Is this what your referring too?

3Racing Aluminum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing Ver.2 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D313/V2/PK

Definitely couldnt hurt to try hah
Old 04-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered it to give it a shot! I hope it helps!!! everything is so smooth excepted that rough clacking lol Thanks again for the response ill post right away if it worked or not once i put it in.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NorCal Drift
Just ordered it to give it a shot! I hope it helps!!! everything is so smooth excepted that rough clacking lol Thanks again for the response ill post right away if it worked or not once i put it in.
I used to have that problem...didn't even realize that might have been what was causing it...but went away as I was upgrading stuff as the hopups got released....aaahhhhh the pleasures of a full hopped up chassis!

Lol!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
I used to have that problem...didn't even realize that might have been what was causing it...but went away as I was upgrading stuff as the hopups got released....aaahhhhh the pleasures of a full hopped up chassis!

Lol!
lol
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

So a week ago or so...I broke a turnbuckle attached to the Yok C-hub on my front upper arm for the KPI mod..and I found this (believe is a helicopter part)

Some filing...grinding and more smoothing (had an arm sticking out that was hitting/binding with steering turnbuckles) ..now have an aluminum upper arm

Last edited by eunique; 04-04-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

great fix looks well aligned now lol
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Lol...yup. it's "align"
Thx...wasnt sure I initially if it was gonna work when I ordered it. Going to try it out tomorrow at LHS
Old 04-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,after 7 shredded front belt,I finally manage to buy a 13T aluminum pulley before it ran out of stock,Im thinking of changing all the rest of the pulleys to aluminum ones including the diff gears.

Its been about 6 hours of play since I got the aluminum pulley has been on and the belt is looking ok,hopefully that puts an end to my front belt shredding problems.

As opposite I have not experienced any problems with my centerbelt since the day I built the D3 4 months ago,I do have the sakura zero centerbelt tensioner,even with it on,its still sloppy like crazy,but (touch wood) I havent broke any center belt and I think the problem is within the plastic 13T pulleys like my front belt.

Does anyone know where I could find the aluminum 38T pulley for the FOW and rear 30T diff ?

The only FOW diff pulley gear I saw in 38T that comes in aluminum was the D-Like dl008 but no idea about fitment wise.

I know it is not necessary to change those pulleys to aluminum,but I just wanted to do it so I don't ever have to worry about them again,cause I did bend a FOW pulley.

Thank you guys
Old 04-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
Hi guys,after 7 shredded front belt,I finally manage to buy a 13T aluminum pulley before it ran out of stock,Im thinking of changing all the rest of the pulleys to aluminum ones including the diff gears.

Its been about 6 hours of play since I got the aluminum pulley has been on and the belt is looking ok,hopefully that puts an end to my front belt shredding problems.

As opposite I have not experienced any problems with my centerbelt since the day I built the D3 4 months ago,I do have the sakura zero centerbelt tensioner,even with it on,its still sloppy like crazy,but (touch wood) I havent broke any center belt and I think the problem is within the plastic 13T pulleys like my front belt.

Does anyone know where I could find the aluminum 38T pulley for the FOW and rear 30T diff ?

The only FOW diff pulley gear I saw in 38T that comes in aluminum was the D-Like dl008 but no idea about fitment wise.

I know it is not necessary to change those pulleys to aluminum,but I just wanted to do it so I don't ever have to worry about them again,cause I did bend a FOW pulley.

Thank you guys
Sorry to hear about your front belts....I've only had to replace it once...and all the belts have been fine since then. I have had the aluminum pulleys and the D3 ever since it came out and the hopups got released.
For 38 and 30T pulleys....maybe check Broadtech, Banzaihobby, Rc-race-and-drift-Japan
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

So I got to try it out at the LHS carpet drift track the other day...with some positive results. She felt like she handled better and was more predictable....and that was just modding one side with an aluminum upper arm for the KPI mod.

When I got some time today, assembled the other side with same mod to even it out and both came out good. Have to test it out again to see about improvements...but won't be able to until next week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.