Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charity race:

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Charity race:

I got this from Indy RC...

Dear Friend

Recently one of our local racers (Travis Roper) sent his four daughters off to church with a friend. As they were waiting to turn in to the church parking lot they were hit in the rear by a car doing 70 mph. This spun them around and into an oncoming SUV then the first car hit them again. Both the SUV and the second hit from the first car hit the door where Travis’ 9 year old daughter Hope was sitting. Everyone in the car was injured in some manner but Hope receive severe head trauma. Hope put up the good fight for three weeks before losing her battle. Hope had been around the track and had a good time with her dad here; she liked RC and the racing. Hope would have been 10 years old on Apr.15 2009.

This Race and Raffle is in her memory and to assist the family in their time of need. All proceeds from our race entries and our snack bar will go to the Hope Fund. We would like to make the Raffle something very special to show the great heart of our RC community. At this time we have 6 of the hobby shops from Dallas/Ft. Worth area involved this should end up being 10 to 15 when we are to the race date. We also have asked a number of our suppliers and manufactures to step up and donate for our Raffle. Our ticket price will be $5.00 or 5 for $20.00. With that in mind we have received donations such as engines, car kits, servos and a custom install of a LoJack in a real car. We are talking with Xtreme RC Mag. to do a human interest story on the Race and Raffle to show the best side of RC.

Hope and her family did their share of giving by donating her organs so that other may live their lives to the fullest. Please step up and do what you can to help us with this effort!

I would be grateful if you would come race or get raffle tickets and assist us in our efforts to help this family and remember a young lady that was one of our own.

Steve Webster
Indy RC World
2020 Saturn Rd.
Garland, TX. 75041
972-27...

HOPE Memorial Race and RAFFLE
jUNE 5-7,2009

You can register on RC Signup.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Bumping for a good cause.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Travis is my friend and fellow racer. He and his wife have accepted the loss of their daughter and have returned to normalcy as best they can.

Here's a bit more info on the financial situation so that people can appreciate the severity of it.

They have received bills amounting to ~$350,000 so far. That's just Careflight and the immediate medical attention. They haven't received bills for ICU and the doctors yet.

They didn't ask for the help we're offering - we're just doing it for them.

A personal note: We, especially in these times, either under-insure or don't insure ourselves or our family at all. It's not a bad parenting thing whatsoever; Hope did receive the best care available. But their financial future is uncertain and looking bad at this time.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Steve, with bills like that, there is no way that we could cover those kind of expenses with raffles, however, I believe you have one of my fusion pros down there that Clayton dropped off and Carlton wanted you to look over. Go ahead and raffle it off or whatever and send the proceeds where they need to go. It won't be much at all in the grand scheme of things, but every dollar counts especially in times like these.

Mike Mazza
Caster Racing USA
Old 05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Very nice Mike.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I recommend they setup a Paypal fund so racers from other areas could donate.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
I recommend they setup a Paypal fund so racers from other areas could donate.
You can send donations to [email protected] (paypal) Be sure to send a quick note to tell them what it is for.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

bumping for a good cause...
Old 05-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This is very sad to hear. a life taken way to early...

I would like to ask about the bills, did the other guy have insurance?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Domit,

Did you see the flyer a team member and I made over in the texas forum? Feel free to use it or add to it as you guys choose.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...une-5-7-a.html

Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
This is very sad to hear. a life taken way to early...

I would like to ask about the bills, did the other guy have insurance?
Sorry, I do not know the answer to that. However, most liability policies have limits. I suspect this may be significantly higher than that, given that I've been told it was a younger driver involved so they probably carried the minimum required by law.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

One last bump for a good cause. Track is open for practice today, heats are tomorrow, mains on Sunday. Come on folks, step up here...

Even if it WASN'T for a good cause, where else will you find a 2-day race with a $30 entry?

Also a great raffle (you don't have to be present to win... you can get tickets even if you don't go to the race!) with lots of great prizes, some worth hundreds of dollars.