Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

guess its time to design that liquid nitrogen cooling system lol
Old 03-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Default Cincinnati

Ray---I'll see ya there...Always enjoy running at new tracks and swapping engineering ideas with other F1 fanatics. I've got a buddy in Chicago who painted a Concours Renault body for me, complete with Alonso & Fisi helmets, but I don't have time to get it before this weekend......Should have it for Atlanta......

bruce
Old 04-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Motor Heat

Originally posted by Doc
I know of several F1 pilots who run the dual fan setup.... it's possible that you're blowing the heat directly at that shock.

How about reversing the aft fan----so that its sucking air from the motor instead of blowwing it across the endbell?

At least its easy to do!!

bruce
Hi Bruce

Alot of people have gone to the dual or single fan setup for cooling of the motor. True the motor will heat up, and the right rear shock changes viscosity as a result. I've tried to tackle this flaw and came to the realization that it can not be corrected. If you even put a larger fan or fans on the motor, you draw too much voltage from the battery. In effect, your motor gets less voltage. I figured that natural cooling and circulation is the best course for this. That means venting the plastic surrounding the motor compartment in accordance with TCS rules, and ensure that the drivetrain is completely smooth and frictionless. You don't want added heat caused by these two variables.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 AM

Ray,
Maybe you need to stop by Fort Wayne on a Tuesday with a 19T in your 201.

look
Old 04-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Formula1-rc used to have a parts store... It has been moved to this link..

http://www.gadgetworks.biz

Check it out for all your F201 needs....
Old 04-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Motor Heat

Has anyone tried to remedy this change in viscosity by using a thicker oil in the right rear shock to compensate for this?

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Hi Bruce

Alot of people have gone to the dual or single fan setup for cooling of the motor. True the motor will heat up, and the right rear shock changes viscosity as a result. I've tried to tackle this flaw and came to the realization that it can not be corrected. If you even put a larger fan or fans on the motor, you draw too much voltage from the battery. In effect, your motor gets less voltage. I figured that natural cooling and circulation is the best course for this. That means venting the plastic surrounding the motor compartment in accordance with TCS rules, and ensure that the drivetrain is completely smooth and frictionless. You don't want added heat caused by these two variables.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

I tried that as well. The bad problem with that is the right rear part of the car is too stiff and won't handle properly. You can argue that that could happen later as the motor heats up. But by that time it would be too late. I'd rather have a properly working car with suspension setup early in the race to get away from the pack rather than an improper car difficult to drive early in the race that eventually gets better as the minutes go by. When that happens you are running out of time to try and catch up.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Cincinnati

Originally posted by Doc
Ray---I'll see ya there...Always enjoy running at new tracks and swapping engineering ideas with other F1 fanatics. I've got a buddy in Chicago who painted a Concours Renault body for me, complete with Alonso & Fisi helmets, but I don't have time to get it before this weekend......Should have it for Atlanta......

bruce
Bruce and Steve,

Talk about a major learning curve. Yu guys really have those F201's working well. I learned so much from you two Saturday. I only wish Steve and I hadnt had that coming together whilewe were all racing Mark for the lead. It could have been an unreal finish. YOu know in the opening laps-Mark and I probably swapped the lead 5 or 6 times in the infield. It was amazing. Steve was really hooked up on Sunday!! He drove the best lines of all of us.

Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 04-03-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ray:

Ring me in the am.......have Mini get me up...........if i'm not yet. (new meds again)

and congrats on your TCS run(s)
Old 04-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got my F1 car looking for some setup advice,

I have come from nitro touring cars,

What is a good basic sound setup to get me started.

BTW what is the go with the shocks I don't think that I have every seen shocks this bad heaps of rebound.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default cincinatti tcs

Hey rey great race your car was ballistically fast and if it wasn,t for a few traction problems you probably would have taken the lead from me eventually. Thanks for the loan of the awesome batteries for the gt1 main, they were so much better then what I had. Next year I will have to get some of those for both cars. I ran the same three packs in the f1 car all season so next year I think I should break down and buy some more packs.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mark-my car was fine-it was all operator error in the Main. After I dropped to fifth I was trying too hard to catch-up that I tried to go into foam tire chase mode and I made the car traction roll two times and when I did that it threw my front toe out and car was pulling so hard on the straight so I pulled it. No problem on the battery.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Man....this too much fun.
Wish the West Coast be closer to you guys..We got a bunch of die hards here wants new challenges.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, we have realeased 2 new decal sets.

Toyota TF105 complete set.
Williams FW27 conversion set.

I guarantee that someone will win a TCS concours with the Toyota set.

Available now in the Pit Shop http://www.formula1-rc.com

Jake
The Nige
Old 04-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Unhappy No F1 class in TCS

A bit dissappointed that here in Australia F1 wont be run in the TCS, not even a demo class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.