Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Like Tree29Likes

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

PM me if anything needs to be edited in this post. I've unsubscribed to this thread as of 12-30-12

Call: 877-781-9470 or 631-592-1844

http://www.islandraceway.com

http://www.facebook.com/islandraceway

Use the LiveRC link below for the latest racing results.

http://liverc.com/live/broadcast/ Click on Island Raceway on the right to view live scoring and results

1015 North Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst

Nearby Hotels:

Courtyard Marriott

Holiday Inn Plainview

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Classes (1/10th Electric):

2WD Buggy (13.5 Motor Limit)
2WD Buggy (Open)
4WD Buggy (Open)
Stadium Truck (Open)
2WD Short Course (17.5 Motor Limit, Blinky Mode - No Timing on Speed control)
2WD Short Course (Open)
4WD Short Course (Open)
Sportsman (Run what you brung)

Monday: closed
Tuesday: 12-6:30pm Practice, 7pm racing
Wednesday: 12-9pm Practice
Thursday: 12-9pm Practice
Friday: 12-6:30pm Practice, 8pm racing
Saturday: 10-5pm Practice
Sunday: 10-11:30 Practice, 12pm racing

Last edited by Asharus; 12-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

IBTL

Signed up for nats too Weaszel. What a annoying site to get registered !!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Its finally friday again! Last night of this layout!!!! Lets make it a good night of racing!
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Guys lets be nice! This thread is very important for Don and Oz. (You know, the people that give us a place to race!) It's a great source of information and a lot of fun. Let's not give the mods another reason to close this one. Let's watch the language and if there is a problem go see Don or Oz. Don't post it on here anonymously like a coward.

I don't know about you guys but I'm super excited for the layout change and next weeks Trophy Race!!

Ang, maybe post the flyer again here so it's easily accessible.

Yeah Jay that website was horrendous! Someone should tell them that!
Tech Apprentice

Good move Angelo
Old 03-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Signup here:

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2566

Moderators: Please consider banning the individuals that troll this thread with negativity instead of locking it altogether. Don & Oz (the owners of Island Raceway) has put in a lot of time, effort and money to give us hobbyists a home. Please don't take away their best resource on the web.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Angelo put "NORTH" in front of Wellwood Ave in the Address if you can thats why people are having trouble with GPS
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by li racer
Angelo put "NORTH" in front of Wellwood Ave in the Address if you can thats why people are having trouble with GPS
got it thanks bill
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...nhurst-ny.html

The April 1st trophy race thread
Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Default Police the thread

From OZ and Don:

The reason we have such a good crowd of people, both public fun runners and hard core racers is not because of My wife and I its because the people around us help to make the facility a pleasant place to come and race or more importantly spend time in an enjoyable environment.

Its a shame we have one individual on a mission to deter people from coming to our track or speak poorly abiout my wife or myself. The only way to combat this is with the strenght of the club itself.

Basically its you that make this place a great place. Oz and I put up a nice track and nice facility. It's no longer just nice, or good, or average, ..... its great. I know this because everyone that walks through my door tells me so.

From now on I will police the thread to make sure anyone using bad language, or entering a dialgue that is not "G" rated will be reported to the moderater and the proper actions will be taken. Not sure what they are at this point but I'm waiting to ehre back from the maderator to discuss a new approach to watching our thread.

This is our thread, our place. We all need to protect it. It's easy to get behind a keyboard and talk poorly like an inmature little brat. Its show real character and maturity when you voice your concerns directly. In the future if anyone has a concern about the facility or my staff please send me a PM or call me directly. I will address your concerns quickly and diligently to make sure everyone is satisfied with the treatment and professionalism they receive at IRH.

With that said, Tonight is PIZZA night. Lets go beat the heck out of this layout tonight and have some good ole fun.

FYI, Mazzarra is out of his mind. This guys has vision. His additions to the approved layout are absolutely over the top. You guys have no idea what you are in for next week. He's combined 1/8 scale elevations changes and timed jumps into a 1/10 scale track.

A Steve Plakis design, scaled to perfection by Tom Licata, turned insane by Anthony Mazzarra, and adding new traction crazed Dirt (30) tons, IRH owned ride on roller to smooth the track to perfection, 2 commercial roto tillers to guarantee consistancy, Dave Antos and Monster Joe on the Bobcats, yes two Bobcats ( I think Antos was born in the seat of a Bobcat, the man's insane) and lots of help from our club members at the direction of Mazzarra shaping to perfection an fast, technical layout.

Stay tuned boys.... meeting with WBAB and WBLI at 2pm today. They are covering the race on April 1st. Lots of giveaways and some radio ads during this week leading up to the race. News 12 Long Island will meet with me on Monday and we may even be on TV next week. Weazel get your mop out, the bathrooms need cleaning.

See you all tonight, racing should be a blast. Fraser, Al, Miga. I bought you guys a new cooler. LOL

Don
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default my apologies

my apologies for the poor words I had with that guy on the thread I could not cnt myself.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

We all know who it is, let the moderators do their job. Just be careful, you might get sued! Lol
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks to be Shaping up to be a great April 1 race. Really looking forward to it.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default George your the best

Couldn't have put it better myself.

George need some more Devils spit. Make sure you come packin.

Don
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey don, we are waiting on a large order of bottles. We were hoping to have them by today but its not gonna happen. It WILL be here intime for the trophy race though.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.