Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Saturdays Offroad Racing in So Cal, Santa Barbara California HUGE TRACK!1 ALL CLASSES >

Saturdays Offroad Racing in So Cal, Santa Barbara California HUGE TRACK!1 ALL CLASSES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Saturdays Offroad Racing in So Cal, Santa Barbara California HUGE TRACK!1 ALL CLASSES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I forgot to mention, sometime in the next two weeks I will be going to my LHS in Covina to buy 9 gallons of race blend 30% O'Donnell fuel, not the local 30% RTR fuel. I buy it for $21.99 plus local sales tax (I think 8%ish) so close to $24 total per gallon. If anyone wants some PM me or post here, or I can just bring it during race day. First come first served basis.

That and I may be going down to race at Revelation or any of the other tracks that are nearby. If anyone wants to tag along, we could carpool. Racing @ Revelation starts Sat at 2ish for signups and practice and ends about 11PM. Its nice to go to these bigger tracks with a group for safety and help pitting. Plus being able to say "DUDE, I OWNED YOU on the last 5 laps!" "You see Rex get tagged by Cassidy?" Oh wait, that was at our track...
Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 PM

Well I will try to help you out and give you a break from your blog.

Remember the saturday before the first race of every month is a work day, I know the first one we had on that schuedule everybody knew about but this last one There was only 5 people that showed up all day. Remember whenever you drive the track it gets torn up and it takes some working to keep it in shape so make sure you remember the next one, and remind others.

Whens that code going to get changed! We need to get that changed, It was supposed to be changed last time memberships were renewed, that never happened now we are renewing memberships again and still no new combo.

Last race was a nice day that actualy moved along nicely, lets keep to being ready when the counter is done counting, I know I didnt contribute with my car dying but just have your car on the track as soon as possible and remember missing a heat is not the end of the world, a heat dosnt even realy matter since mains are separated by lap times.

Hey Rezenclowd, are we going to make it to Revelations? I am realy looking forward to it, I need some real racing, I just have to hope the P5XS runs better than it did last time.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Ya were going to Revelation! If anyone else wants to get in on the action, were leaving SB @ 8:45am to be at my LHS @ 11am to pick up the 9 gallons of fuel. (I didn't want to drop much more than $200..) Contact me by email or PM here or @ rezenclowd3 on AIM if you would also like to go. I hear Jake is going to be there also hanging with Stephen Bess. We should be @ Revelation before noon.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

I wont make the race at our club this weekend (Sunday) so someone else take my place and tell us how it went.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 PM

I will probably be there, if the car is in good shape from revelations I will probably run it but if not I can turn-marshal and water. So is it confirmed that we actualy have a race because I think I remember Rex saying there is one but never heard it announced or get an e-mail. See you tomarrow Justin.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Well Rezenclowd was absent from todays race so I will help him out here, We had only 6 cars today so we ran only 1 class of 5 truggys and 1 buggy. We ran 4 heat races and a 20 minute main. I think all the wins were shared between myself Nathan and Greg today, Nathan took home the 1st place in the main, followed by Greg. If anyone was worried about how the cross-over was going to work go ahead and stop because it got built up and is now very easy and works great. Membership cards got passed out today so if you have been waiting you might get yours in the mail sometime soon, not sure exactly how they will be giving them out but they have them, also the Combo will be changed soon so if you are a member the new combo will be sent to you via e-mail.

Also for anyone who was at the race who actualy reads this thread, I took apart my Ninja to find nothing was wrong with the Crank Bearings Rod or anything, I will do some more tear down and investigation but so far everything looks fine. And for anyone not at the race Greg lost his Ninja yesterday in a run away and I lost mine due to something being were it isnt supposed to be.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Ya, Cassidy, Tyson and I went to drive @ Revelation today. Damn, we need to redesign our track after driving that one!
I asked one of the employees how much the dirt they have costs, and damn you wouldn't believe it. Literally 60x as much as we were going to drop on our track. No joke....we just need our regular dirt and to design from there....don't even mess with putting 2-4in of good dirt on top...itll just erode back to the local dirt.
My opinion? Let someone like Jake who has seen all the good tracks AND who knows how to tool the dirt design our track. So far its just moving little piles of dirt here and there calling them jumps.... We need (and CAN incorporate) elevation changes, we don't need anything drastic....anyway, Im just getting frustrated with nothing really happening at our track, especially after driving 2 different layouts at Revelation and 2 weeks in a row...ugh.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nitro syco:
What happened to your ninja? I had to get a new Piston/sleeve for mine.

Sorry I have been missing the races lately. I just had ankle surgery. Hopefully I will be there middle of Sept with my buggy. Is everyone actually racing every weekend until Oct?

Nitrohouse.com is the only place that I have found that has piston/sleeve combo in stock is Greg needs it. Might want to call quick though, there was only 2 when I ordered mine last Friday.

Last edited by jammin-ninja; 08-27-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Is this Cory? I think it is because he drives a Jammin with a Ninja! How have you been? We are missing you at the track, we need more buggies!! Technically there is racing every week till Oct, however the last turnout was less than 10 people.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's me!!

I really wish that I could have been at the track lately. They did my surgery in the middle of July, and I am in a walking cast now, so if I come out to race, I won't be able to marshall for a while.

I don't remember if you were there when I was having all the troubles with my ninja. I wore out the piston/sleeve. The new one is supposed to come in today, so that I can get started breaking it in. I am hoping to make it to the OFNA 2007 Championship Race this comming weekend @ Revelations. My wife isn't too happy about the 2 day race 4 hours from home, but I think that she is going to stay with some family closer to the track.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Nice. I may see you there then. I dunno if I will race in the championship, but I do at least want to watch. Revelation is changing the layout this week before the weekend. I also have to give some tires that I forgot to ship to someone from Las Vegas who will be there.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Ya my Ninja didnt do so well, I have actualy bought 2 p/s sets for it so far and this time I am not rebuilding it, when I first got it I broke the piston at 1 gallon (my fault) then I put in a new one and got 10 very solid gallons out of it and then I put in a new P/S combo and had only about 1/3 of a gallon on it going into the races and it was good but on race day it never seemed right no matter what I did it just wasnt right then finaly it wouldnt start so I pulled the glow plug and it was ruined so I pulled off the head and it was thrashed, the piston and head button were so beat up and gouged but I put in my spare P5XS and that has never ran right and always just been slightly off and never all there (because of tune) and it actualy ran alright while I warmed it up so I didnt adjust the needles at all and for the first 6 minutes I was battling for first with Nathan and Greg then I took first and pulled away a little because they got tangled up and then I ran out of gas, So the day wasnt great but it was alright. Well NitroHouse must be stocking frequently because I got a P/S from him 1.5 weeks ago and he had 2 then. I will post a picture of what the Piston and head button looked like
Old 08-27-2007, 04:22 PM

as you can see something got in there that wasnt supposed to be in there.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Daaaaaaaaaaamn Justin!!! Looks like you sucked up our good dirt! Just kidding, that really sux man. Hey, if you want and can get it running, you can have my WS7II. I think the plug went bad, but it wouldn't run at high rpm this sat at the end of the day. I recently replaced the bearings in it... I am wanting to throw in my C6BB now for some smack down! Also I am tempted to buy a RB S5 like Tyson has, that engine was kicking ass @ Revelation.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Well luckily I have the P5XS and am good for now so I dont need another motor at the moment but a WS7 would be nice But yea I think the needles are finaly in the region they need to be in so now it is only fine tuning instead of wondering why they heck it runs so bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.