Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Toon
Have you guys seen the new 'ISS' shock mount system for the Xevo (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ooper-826.html, post #12390 at the bottom of the page)?

I ordered a parts kit from 'Official' on the forum ($35 USD + shipping), and have now fitted it. You don't get any installation instructions, but I got a few extra pictures from Official of the kit fitted to his Xevo, and managed to get it all to fit, it is a tight squeeze though. I won't get to try the car until the end of the week, and even though my Xevo handles very well with the standard front suspension setup, I'm interested to see how the car handles with this setup. The only concern I have is how strong the point is where the pivot-connection link mounts onto the wishbone (pic 4). You have to cut a few mm off this mount so that the connector can fit next to the c-hub, and now theres only around 3mm of plastic now holding the mount onto the wishbone. I guess only time will tell...

Official is a Xevo parts distributor from Singapore, but he shipped to the UK no problem. He also said that he has the v2 front bulkheads with the larger bearing mounts, and the front adjustable upper link set for sale, so if anyone is interested, PM him for more details. I need to see if he can get Xevo spares, as I have broken the FRP bumper plate & front body post mount plate (which is currently held together with glue & a modified 3Racing m-chassis graphite body post stiffener ).
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the chassis pics...was that it needed a cantilever front suspension. Apparently so did they!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Have you guys seen the new 'ISS' shock mount system for the Xevo (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ooper-826.html, post #12390 at the bottom of the page)?

I ordered a parts kit from 'Official' on the forum ($35 USD + shipping), and have now fitted it. You don't get any installation instructions, but I got a few extra pictures from Official of the kit fitted to his Xevo, and managed to get it all to fit, it is a tight squeeze though. I won't get to try the car until the end of the week, and even though my Xevo handles very well with the standard front suspension setup, I'm interested to see how the car handles with this setup. The only concern I have is how strong the point is where the pivot-connection link mounts onto the wishbone (pic 4). You have to cut a few mm off this mount so that the connector can fit next to the c-hub, and now theres only around 3mm of plastic now holding the mount onto the wishbone. I guess only time will tell...

Official is a Xevo parts distributor from Singapore, but he shipped to the UK no problem. He also said that he has the v2 front bulkheads with the larger bearing mounts, and the front adjustable upper link set for sale, so if anyone is interested, PM him for more details. I need to see if he can get Xevo spares, as I have broken the FRP bumper plate & front body post mount plate (which is currently held together with glue & a modified 3Racing m-chassis graphite body post stiffener ).

what bodyshell are you using for your xevo chassis? looks like an accord euro r?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by alana07
what bodyshell are you using for your xevo chassis? looks like an accord euro r?
It's the Spice Honda Accord 210mm wheelbase bodyshell. It just about fits the Xevo chassis, even with the standard front shock setup, but you do need to change the front bodyposts to something more low profile, as the standard Xevo ones are too high to fit under the shell.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

The only concern I have is how strong the point is where the pivot-connection link mounts onto the wishbone. You have to cut a few mm off this mount so that the connector can fit next to the c-hub, and now theres only around 3mm of plastic now holding the mount onto the wishbone. I guess only time will tell...
Update on the Xevo ISS shock mount setup:

I tried the new setup at the weekend, and it appears that my concerns were right. Where the pivot-connection link mounts onto the wishbone does appear to be a weak point (for me at least). The mounts didn't break off the wishbones, but they were bent inwards towards the chassis after only a couple of runs. I didn't really notice any change to the handling with the ISS setup, so until I can figure out a better way of mounting the links, I've gone back to the original shock setup as I feel it's more robust. 3Racing do make some alloy front wishbones that look like they might work better with the ISS setup though, but I'm not sure if alloy wishbones are a good idea (http://os.3racing.hk/picture.php?ima...max_height=210).

The ISS setup might work well for those who race outdoors though, where going offline just results in lost time and not hitting anything, but I race indoors, where going offline means hitting a solid track barrier, which puts a lot of stress onto the suspension parts. I managed to break 3 plastic front C-hubs during the race day, so any weak points in my suspension won't last long anyway...
Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check out HERE for the info on the latest hop-up for the Xevo FWD conversion.
Got a bad case of the droops? NT shows you how to fix it...
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Got anything on the cantilever front suspension upgrade? I looked on the site and didn't see anything. Tubular was entertaining
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

We're not posting everything at once.......gotta hold some stuff back!

Truth is we have it all but it isnt installed yet. We thought the droop restriction was a more important mod to make first.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

ok cool...pls post here and let us know when you do
Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

noticed the front plate as well as the top and lower decks are now CF. Are those upgrades available from Xevo or did you have them fabricated yourself?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Ha! I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that..

Limited run. We had 6 sets custom made and that was it. At this stage we aren't planning to do any more I'm afraid.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Toon,
Thanks for the introduction. And yes i do have parts for the FRP bumpers and body post mounts as well. As for the ISS suspension link i'm also have some problem with the weak point. But I'll crack my brain to think of ways to modify it for you guys to love it. Have tested the layout in a mini race in Indonesia and It actually perform quite well except for the weak point in the link part which cost me podium. So given some time and shopping around i will come out with something to help every Xevo lovers here.
Kevin AKA Official
Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=tony gray;7575676
Check out HERE for the info on the latest hop-up for the Xevo FWD conversion.
Got a bad case of the droops? NT shows you how to fix it...[/QUOTE]

hi tony .... where can i get me one of those? i believe they also have a set out for the rear as well?

please do advise how i can get a hold of these droop adjuster

thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

As NT said in the story, we got ours direct, I dont think you'll be able to do that.

Not sure they're actually released yet anyway, ours were pre-production examples.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by strawb
hi tony .... where can i get me one of those? i believe they also have a set out for the rear as well?

please do advise how i can get a hold of these droop adjuster

thanks in advance
Do drop me a msg or email if you are interested in the Droop adjuster.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Official
Do drop me a msg or email if you are interested in the Droop adjuster.
email sent sir

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.