Wiki Posts
Search

best .21 engine for buggy...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default best .21 engine for buggy...

guys and gals, what's the best engine u ever used for your buggy? i'm currently running AxeMotorRossi Mamba... any advice appreciated...
Old 06-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im the type that would rather spend 500 and get 5 engines than to spend the same and get only 1. with that stated i will say i have been impressed with the sts engines. bought a new d21e off here and it was a very good engine to me. right now it is in my buds buggy and is at gallon #5 and still going strong.

Right now running this POS Werks b7 pro, but, i have another sts on the way to replace it with.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aiyoaiya
guys and gals, what's the best engine u ever used for your buggy? i'm currently running AxeMotorRossi Mamba... any advice appreciated...
Here comes another owners survey. You should just ask what everyone owns, because the answers will be pretty much along those lines and it would save all the banter about "this one is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What they don't say is "because I own it" or "I'm sponsored and my sponsors engines are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 06-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

righty, so wat engine do u guys own?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

O.S Vspec has been good for me. Another one is a Ninja JX21. Those are probably the 2 most people will tell you about.
-Josh
Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i have the .28 pro that comes in the RC8 RTR buggy. its pretty good but i wanna get a ninja .21 engine. my friend has one in his 8ight 1.0 and it screams! very fast engine. and i "dont own one." thats just my opinion on the engine. i like it! pricey but awesome
Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL! At least you have a good sense of humor.

I have O.S., Picco, Novarossi, Orion, Sirio, RB, JP, Rossi, and a few other unmentionables. Any one fo the aforementioned will serve you well - look for the one that's supported the best in your local area. You'll be hounded by a lot of "sponsored" guys running the knock-off brands and they'll tell you that they're half the cost and that they run much better than they really do, and you have mail order your parts from half way around the world. Stick with the big players (above) and you won't be disappointed. When you see claims that any other engine runs as good as the aforementioned, watch out for the BS meter - it might blow!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well you had to ask..

Peak diablo .15
picco 7 port turbo .12
trx2.5r modded
dynamite spd 12 x3
Novarossi mt12
OS tz 12
OS 21 rg NIB
Go 21 3p
Werks 21 7port
Chrono 21 5 port

then i have several basket case motors that have either worn out or failed in one way or another and keep them around cos i like boxes of heavy stuff
Old 06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)

Wow, here we go again! Not in any way being rude, especially if it co
es across that way! Last month I would have told you something different, but today I'm going to say my n21 limited that took me to a 2nd place amain finish yesterday is. I think everyone will have a different engine that works well for them. For me yesterday it was a cheap 3 port novarossi because of the type track I was on. Now next weekend where I'm racing the 3 port nova will be of no use to me. So, long story short take a look at where you're usually racing at and factor what type of track it is and factor that in when you ask yourself what's the best buggy engine out there. Also, keep in mind what type of driver are you. Do you drive smooth or aggresive? That's another thing of many to consider. Because what works for me, might not work for you!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I am guessing the nova 3 port would have plenty of low end torq and nearly nothing up top?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think one of the best .21's you can get for the money and performance is the novarossi plus 4. Great mileage and reliable. just my .02.

Jason
Old 06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

the best motors that i've either raced myself or seen run and liked:

(not in any particular order)
Mugen Ninja .21
OS V-spec .21
Novarossi 21-4
Novarossi Toro Nero
Axe Rossi Mamba X1
Dynamite platinum 21
any GRPs
Reedy 121 VR

You can't go wrong with any of these motors
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have recently been running an os speed engine and I can say you get what you pay for. I am the type that would rather have 2 unstopable mills no matter what the cost. The net ninja with the lightened head is nice too and it always performs well on the track. My other fav engine is anything race ported by powerhousercperfoemance.com. Mark is the owner and he can do magic on these little nitro engines. He has awsome nova +4's and anything he doesnis worth the money. Mark is very reasonable and very knowledgable gve him a call and he can steer you in the right direction. I have gad 3 grp engines from mark and all are excellent. They all do different things exceptionally well.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I's like to put in my 2 cents on the Jammin JPX .21.. engine for dollar you cant go wrong with this motor. It is a pure breed racing mill priced like a RTR engine. It has a top end that will keep up with or pass anything! easy to tune, decent run times. very impressive engine right out of the box
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

So far my favorite engine is the O.S. V-Spec. Ton of power. I can't imagine what the Ninja and Speed feel like.
I really like the O.S. line because they are stupid easy to tune and you have a wider tuning window where the engine will run. A Nova +4 I was tunning had to be within an hour of a really good tune to stay running. A little bit richer here and it died. A little leaner there and it was to hot.
O.S. makes good motors period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.