Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Springs

Just got an RDX through here, great looking car. I need some springs but can't find out the spring rates for the black or silver sets. Does someone have that?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

the spring rates for the black set are 12.5-24.0 lbs. the silver is 26-42 lbs.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hey all,

I just picked up one of these kits, the standard kit (PN#00166) not the SPEC kits and was reading over some of the tips in this thread. I am going to be running 19T asphalt. I've already picked up a spool, x-hard arms and the black spring set but I keep reading about the Specialized bumper set (x-hard foam w/kydex) and about the center steering mod, would you recommend either of these for asphalt or are they better suited for carpet? What if anything else should I be doing/getting to get this thing prepped for asphalt?

I've also printed out the build tips from the Corally site on blueprinting the shocks, diffs and bulkheads.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

if i were you i would get the optional center piont top deck. in my opinion it steers alot better and the ultimate bumper kit is a must due to the fact that the rdx arms are very fragile. you can get that at speedtechrc.com or from the corally site.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jeff. I've actually got really good parts support at my LHS. I've been reading about the center post steering, aside from the new top plate, is there anything else I need to pickup?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Checked bearings last night in the car and six out of eight wheel hub bearings were shot (haven't replaced the bearings since I bought the car used). Regardless of price, what are the best bearings out there? And is it worth it to go with ceramics? (i.e. ACER CERAMIC NITRIDE PRO SERIES)
Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
Thanks Jeff. I've actually got really good parts support at my LHS. I've been reading about the center post steering, aside from the new top plate, is there anything else I need to pickup?
You'll need longer steering turnbuckles as well, that should be it though
Old 01-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Checked bearings last night in the car and six out of eight wheel hub bearings were shot (haven't replaced the bearings since I bought the car used). Regardless of price, what are the best bearings out there? And is it worth it to go with ceramics? (i.e. ACER CERAMIC NITRIDE PRO SERIES)
Hub bearings seem to go quick. I buy them in bulk from the WalaWala store on eBay for cheap. I'm using ABEC3 which seems to be fine since you just toss them when they're gritty, but you can pay a few bucks more for ABEC5. Buy them in bulk for the best deal. I got 50 recently, and they're working fine.

ABEC 3 Hub Bearings x 50

I wasted some money on ceramics, and they went out in the hubs faster than anywhere else. WalaWala sells those too, but they definitely were NOT more durable in my experience. Now I only use them on my layshaft.

Keep in mind that most bearings are packed with grease, so if you buy these, you may want to degrease them and lube them with a light oil to avoid unnecessary friction in your drive train.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you're running on carpet, a lot of times carpet fibers get into the bearings and cause them to get gritty. One trick you can try is hitting them with a lighter to melt the fibers inside and free the bearing up again. Be careful, you know, with flames and flammable liquid like motor cleaner, though.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hub bearings seem to go quick. I buy them in bulk from the WalaWala store on eBay for cheap. I'm using ABEC3 which seems to be fine since you just toss them when they're gritty, but you can pay a few bucks more for ABEC5. Buy them in bulk for the best deal. I got 50 recently, and they're working fine.

ABEC 3 Hub Bearings x 50

I wasted some money on ceramics, and they went out in the hubs faster than anywhere else. WalaWala sells those too, but they definitely were NOT more durable in my experience. Now I only use them on my layshaft.

Keep in mind that most bearings are packed with grease, so if you buy these, you may want to degrease them and lube them with a light oil to avoid unnecessary friction in your drive train.
Thanks for the info man!!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brians11
You'll need longer steering turnbuckles as well, that should be it though
Is there a Corally or Specialized PN for these or a particular length I should be looking for?

Does anyone have any photos of there center post steering setup that I can use for reference?

I read back through the post but did not see any pics or parts listings.

EDIT: Okay, I found some additional info(http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=9500) but still no pics. Is this what everyone else is doing to make it work as well

Could someone scan in the instructions and upload them so we can see what is involved?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by gone_wheelin; 01-08-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

My son and I shared pit space around the Corally Team this weekend at the Novak and I have nothing but good things to say about all of them.
Respectful, Quiet, (not rude and obnoxious ) to us newbies.
Thanks for the help Rob. It's all Shaggy talked about on the 8 hour ride home!
Jon Frandsen
Old 01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
Is there a Corally or Specialized PN for these or a particular length I should be looking for?

Does anyone have any photos of there center post steering setup that I can use for reference?

I read back through the post but did not see any pics or parts listings.

EDIT: Okay, I found some additional info(http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=9500) but still no pics. Is this what everyone else is doing to make it work as well

Could someone scan in the instructions and upload them so we can see what is involved?

Thanks in advance

38mm is what I'm remembering
Old 01-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default set up-upper deck

Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Any one have a Carpet/Rubber Tire setup with the new chassis "2006 spec" and new upper deck?
Here are a couple pics of my car from the Novak Race, car was extremely easy to drive. Rob has my set up sheet and he will be posting it on the Corally web site.
The center post steering worked awesome, I just sanded a little off two standard ball cups and put a .080 spacer between top deck and center post.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-dscn0415.jpg   Team Corally RDX Touring Car-dscn0419.jpg   Team Corally RDX Touring Car-dscn0420.jpg   Team Corally RDX Touring Car-dscn0421.jpg  

Last edited by mike nelson; 01-08-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Okay, here's a question for you guys. Will the new center post steering work with the non-spec chassis? I'm looking at the images and it looks like the SPEC chassis is a little different than the stock, particularly the placement and number of mounting points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.